What A Rush ...

thieaux

Last night i was pulling in to my parking sapce , i live in a residential complex , and the gate was open , and i saw a guy strugglin with a bike, when i looked closely it was my neighbors bike, when i step up to the guy , he went like "help me push it cause its dying on me" , and i asked him in which apt were you, as soon as he gave me the wrong answer i know he was trying to steel it, i told him step off the bike , and he turned and tryed to take out something out off a bag he was carrying , i pulled out my small, yet trusty walther ppk/s , and yelled don't move, i knocked him off the bike and call my neighbor and the police , WOW i mean what a rush , as i was aiming this guy , i knew i had his life on my hands , but was nervous as hell , but managed to control the situation without any incidents .....But what a rush..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last night i was pulling in to my parking sapce , i live in a residential complex , and the gate was open , and i saw a guy strugglin with a bike, when i looked closely it was my neighbors bike, when i step up to the guy , he went like "help me push it cause its dying on me" , and i asked him in which apt were you, as soon as he gave me the wrong answer i know he was trying to steel it, i told him step off the bike , and he turned and tryed to take out something out off a bag he was carrying , i pulled out my small, yet trusty walther ppk/s , and yelled don't move, i knocked him off the bike and call my neighbor and the police , WOW i mean what a rush , as i was aiming this guy , i knew i had his life on my hands , but was nervous as hell , but managed to control the situation without any incidents .....But what a rush..

thieaux;

Good that everything turned out OK. I'm a Sig 220 guy. I figure if I miss, they'll fill their diapers from the noise & muzzle flash & it'll be harder for them to get away from the cops. Non-firearms types don't seem to understand that I'm not terribly intersted in drawing down on someone, unless there's just no alternative.

I'm glad :D your "encounter" didn't have to include any loud noises............

I hear u threadcutter , after last night one of my friends, who always was giving me.... for carrying is thinking twice now about getting one.

Is it a 45 or 9 ? either way is a very nice piece ...

And blake youll not be dissapointed , im not encouring anyone, but based on my experience i feel a lot safer with my gun, BUT ALWAYS TRY TO AVIOD IT UNTILL IS ABOSULUTLEY NECCESARY AND USE GOOD JUDGEMENT.

I hear u threadcutter , after last night one of my friends, who always was giving me.... for carrying is thinking twice now about getting one.

Is it a 45 or 9 ? either way is a very nice piece ...

And blake youll not be dissapointed , im not encouring anyone, but based on my experience i feel a lot safer with my gun, BUT ALWAYS TRY TO AVIOD IT UNTILL IS ABOSULUTLEY NECCESARY AND USE GOOD JUDGEMENT.

agreed. I will carry at all times when off post when i turn 21.

Like they say guns don't kill people ,people kill people.

If the world was perfect there would be no guns needed.

If it was kind good only officers of law and military would carry.

I still feel no civilian should be armed besides he was stealing a bike............. call the police and let them look after it.

I am sure it was a rush but not the kind i would be looking for.

I prefer someone armed with self defence who could disarm almost anyone at close range and suppress them without endangering anyone else.

Just might be me though.

thatwas kind of dangerous, im glad it worked out, just cause your licensed to carry a weapon doesnt mean its the right thing to do that guy could have had a weapon also and no telling what he would have donewhen backed into a corner

Edited by sha4000

My advice, for those that want to hear it........Stealing the Bike was not a life threatening situation. Pulling the gun made it one...what was in his bag? Just curious! You must have the police report. Clue us in, Please!! Remember, when you draw down on someone they will never forget you or your face again. He will have access to the court records while in prison which means "you" and that is where your troubles will start. Not to mention his family and extended family. Only, I mean "only" pull a weapon to use it in a do or die situation. You think it's a "rush" now. Wait until he gets out. You lost your edge. If he "had" a gun, and you were in a life threatening situation, you were within your rights to plug him, if not, you owe him an apology for putting one in his face. Guns are Judge, Jury and Executioner. You guys keep that in mind. As Roosevelt said "Walk softly and carry a big stick". Save the Testosterone for the bedroom. My opinion only, and I'm sticking to it!!

Edited by RFeldes

My advice, for those that want to hear it........Stealing the Bike was not a life threatening situation. Pulling the gun made it one...what was in his bag? Just curious! You must have the police report. Clue us in, Please!! Remember, when you draw down on someone they will never forget you or your face again. He will have access to the court records while in prison which means "you" and that is where your troubles will start. Not to mention his family and extended family. Only, I mean "only" pull a weapon to use it in a do or die situation. You think it's a "rush" now. Wait until he gets out. You lost your edge. If he "had" a gun, and you were in a life threatening situation, you were within your rights to plug him, if not, you owe him an apology for putting one in his face. Guns are Judge, Jury and Executioner. You guys keep that in mind. As Roosevelt said "Walk softly and carry a big stick". Save the Testosterone for the bedroom. My opinion only, and I'm sticking to it!!

agreed. I am trained to disarm by force without using a weapon, but i carry a weapon almost every day at work. so i feel almost naked without one.

I use to carry my 357 short barrel magnum when I drove into bad areas in LA, but I stopped because I did not want to get pulled over and searched, harsh penalty for carrying a loaded fire arm, just be careful...

Call the police next time on your cell phone, that is there job not yours, you could have been shot, and you do not wear a vest the police do.. Just my opinion...I no longer carry the gun but do keep it for home pertection....Loaded with hollow point bullets as well...

That does sound like a rush... How did you keep him down, what did you say? Details.....

Really they are saying arm the criminals not the people.

I believe they are saying lets only arm the qualified people, who are actually trained AND know right from wrong AND appear up when you call 911.

You sound like a good neighbor. Alot of people would have just went on their merry way...

Most of the gun supports sound like they want to put the Police out on layoffs!?

In a perfect and safe world, the police would not need guns either. In fact, there would be no police. I could go on.

PS: Some of the anti-posts seem to have some of the facts of the story out of time, thereby making some of the arguments invalid.

Edited by bartkat

thieaux- i think next time you should definitely just try to give him a hug or something... that's all he really needed! Or maybe you could have just talked him out of it... NOT

You obviously have had your carrying permit class and you made the decision that you felt fit the situation. I'm not sure how I would have reacted, I do have my carrying permit and a 40 cal semi-auto and hope to never have to pull it.

Maybe this low life will think twice next time he tries to steal someone's hard earned property. It's because of jerks like this that our insurance is so high. And if he does try to come and find you, maybe he'll get to experience first hand how that walter ppk fires.

If he "had" a gun, and you were in a life threatening situation, you were within your rights to plug him, if not, you owe him an apology for putting one in his face.

Owe him an apology!??!? Am I hearing you correctly??????

Edited by 98es

:chairshot: Sig P229 SAS 40 CAL. rather be safe than sorry. We can keep on going. The bad guys will alway have a gun. The law abiding cititzen with a gun will end up in jail, and then be sued by the bad guy. :cries: leave my Lexus alone!

Edited by 92silverls400

Agree to disagree...

A couragous move but, leave your guns at home... and keep your things secure. If citizens were more prepared (like put your bike away or store it elsewhere. Lock your things up, secure your home if/if not living in a crime ridden neigborhood or place (or where some crimes have taken place). I would be willing to bet that there are more conceal and carry folks out there than there are criminals with guns... Also would be willing to say that many of your conceal and carry crowd also live and hang out in non threatening environments. Some are guys who got picked on in high school and feel that carrying is a replacment for insecurity... Hmmm.. You don't need a gun at a stoplight over road rage. I.E. when someone is stealing, a gun isn't needed to handle that situation either.

I had a 9mm pistol pulled on me in a restaurant parking lot... All over a parking space... Yes I cussed from out my car window as I was being cussed at. A guy thought I'd stared at him..? In less that 10 seconds, I was looking down a barrel. Real nice... Always a misunderstanding that escalates... I told the guy, I've got no problem and turned around and went inside...

Lots went through my mind over the next several days... I was 15 feet from this cat and standing still when he pulled... I was no threat and begining to turn around. "hey man", do you have a problem? Guy had a nice car too... Might have been a thug...

PS- I love guns; and I've got several guns and never carry them. I believe that if you carry it, you intend to use it; or will end up pulling it. Leave dangerous situations to the cops. Putting one's self in a very dangerous situation over a motorcycle is crazy in my belief. I wouldn't want to be put in position to fatally wound someone over a motorcycle. etc Ever thought of what a stray bullet might do too? While you never know when your life is going to be threatened by thug/s, don't carry to play judge, jury and sentencer...

Again, and I'm conservative; and have guns and am pro NRA. Keep your guns to feed your family, to hunt, and use as a last resort for personal protection. NO, this doesn't apply to all, but to most - 2cts...

If you did that in Las Angeles with out a permit (that you can't get) you would have gone to jail. Los Angeles sucks. Lived there for over 40 years. Moved to Arizona where we don't need to stiking permits!

And Guns don't kill pepole... It's the bullet that does it!

I was not in your shoes, as such I'm not going to say if you should have or should not have pulled your gun... But I'll bet your naigbor has no complants.

Knowing me. I would have busted the guy, and called the cops. I also carry but I have an Air Taser in addition bto a side airm. When on the road, air taser only. Do not want to get busted in a state that does not care about my AZ rights, Like Los Angeles. So, I'lll just light them up with high voltadge :whistles:

You know- it's a good thing the framers of our constitution realized how important the right to bear arms is. Do all you anti-gun people think they were wrong? I'm just trying to follow the logic... The way I see it is gun control= no guns for law abiding citizens= more guns for criminals. How would you feel more safe with the criminal felons and the few servicemen being the only ones with guns? Why shouldn't law abiding citizens have the right? Enlighten me....

I only see it as ,you open the over the counter philosophy of selling a murder weapon to normal good citizens you allow the bad ones the same entitlement to own one also.

I like jc19907 post it made sense to me.

I also like the idea of tasers over guns as self protection as it is non lethal under most normal circumstances.

But like the glass being half full over half empty

guns for law abiding citizens= more acess for guns for criminals.