TroyLexus

Ugly Dull Headlights

Does anyone know how to get the yellow-ish fog color on the outside of dated headlights off ?

Had anyone buffed them out ? if so, what did you use ? what type of materials ?

You could do a search and find several methods of clearing the plastic headlight lenses complete with before and after photos. Some people have used various grades of sand paper from hardware or auto parts stores, wet sanded their headlights and then finished the headlights off with a clear spray lacquer. Others like me have used Crystal View headlight refinishing kits that can be bought at auto parts and discount stores which include the needed sand paper, lacquer and applicators: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...&hl=Crystal

PlastX works pretty well unless the plastic lenses are really trashed. My understanding is that headlight clearing methods that involve using a final clear coat usually last longer than PlastX and hide the imperfections that PlastX can not hide. My headlights refinished with Crystal View look far better than my foglights cleaned with PlastX ... I was too cheap to buy another Crystal View kit to do the foglights.

PlastX seems to work pretty well even if it is a temporary fix. I sometimes think it would be fun to carry a bottle of PlastX and a small towel and do a stealth cleaning of some of the badly discolored headlights I see during my daily walk. If I did, I would clean only one headlight on each car -- wouldn't that be fun? But I'd probably get nailed for vandalism if I tried something like that.

You might laugh at this one, but toothpaste. I did my daughter's Civic with Crest Pro-Health. Did a pretty good job. Not sure how economical you want to be, but this does work.

post-148822-0-83336100-1374863866.jpgpost-148822-0-83874500-1374863880.jpg

Wow, the toothpaste worked pretty well I can see above. Must be the polish in the toothpaste.

I have tried Mother headlight restorer kit and Meguairs heavy duty headlight restoration kit. Both products works great. But Meguairs is the most expensive but works faster .

You might laugh at this one, but toothpaste. I did my daughter's Civic with Crest Pro-Health. Did a pretty good job. Not sure how economical you want to be, but this does work.

attachicon.gifbth_before.jpgattachicon.gifbth_after.jpg

Yep, Toothpaste works as well as anything....

• Like 1

Toothpaste will work but the result won't last longer. To me, the 3M kit provides the best result.

imgreg7 - Thanks for recommendation. I have a old Civic GX that has dull headlights.

Does anyone know how to get the yellow-ish fog color on the outside of dated headlights off ?

Had anyone buffed them out ? if so, what did you use ? what type of materials ?

I restored my sisters headlight's with this stuff that somebody turned me on to, it worked awesome, It took the yellow foggy color right out of the headlight's fast and left it on the rag it couldn't be easier to use, plus it only cost me under $10 Go to LenzClear.com Best Headlight restore product I ever used.

10303473_1450560541863890_46375939226194

imgreg7 - Thanks for recommendation. I have a old Civic GX that has dull headlights.

No need now. I got rid of the 2002 Civic GX and replaced it with a 2010 Civic GX. Headlights are very clear.

My Corolla lights were faded and I cleaned them a few times and they went right back to dull. I ordered new assembly on Amazon for $61 and put them in. Probably a lot more for some cars though.

I just did mine..it works!! next time imam use the one with baking soda or whitener lol:1eye: