Why Do People Hate Lexus?

Lucky13

I think it's more about the "my team" mentality. I love the Pittsburg Steelers. I've been a dedicated 35 year fan. So, I obviuosly hate the Dallas Cowboys and the Baltimore Ravens, (the real Cleveland Browns), and I hate the new Cleveland Browns even more for being a poser team. (LOL!) And it doesn't matter what team is the best team in the NFL because to me, it's always the Pittsburg Steelers, even if they didn't win.

I'd agree with that! Duke is a bunch of cry baby brats (who can't play basketball without cheating), and Auburn football can lick the sweat off a dead squirells :censored: on a hot August day in Tuscaloosa! :ph34r:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always hated Lexus when they first came out. I called them a glorified Toyota.

Then I bought one and drove it. That was all it took and now I have 2. I will say, the 90LS drives much better than the 04ES

I think it's more about the "my team" mentality. I love the Pittsburg Steelers. I've been a dedicated 35 year fan. So, I obviuosly hate the Dallas Cowboys and the Baltimore Ravens, (the real Cleveland Browns), and I hate the new Cleveland Browns even more for being a poser team. (LOL!) And it doesn't matter what team is the best team in the NFL because to me, it's always the Pittsburg Steelers, even if they didn't win.

I'd agree with that! Duke is a bunch of cry baby brats (who can't play basketball without cheating), and Auburn football can lick the sweat off a dead squirells :censored: on a hot August day in Tuscaloosa! :ph34r:

I also agree with that. Just like my grandfather is a diehard Ford man. Ford everything from tractors, trucks he just likes Fords. He wouldn't give me $2.00 for my BMW and my Lexus.

I am also a member of a BMW forum and it is funny they don't bash Lexus rather speak pretty high of the cars. You still have some people on there that say things like it will never be a BMW and glorified Toyota but no more than we brag about Lexus. There was even a post a while back talking about the LS. Most of the post were positive about it.

I am also a member of a BMW forum and it is funny they don't bash Lexus rather speak pretty high of the cars. You still have some people on there that say things like it will never be a BMW and glorified Toyota but no more than we brag about Lexus. There was even a post a while back talking about the LS. Most of the post were positive about it.

Which forum are you on? lol. My BMW forum is all bashing any other brand if it's not BMW or Mini <_< (e60.net specifically for the 5-series)

• 3 weeks later...

Some people will point out that it's an overpriced/over glorified Toyota - which it is on both counts.

I don't personally consider these bad points as maintenance will be cheap, and you can easily get the OEM items you need for cheap (just don't buy the same OEM items @ a Lexus dealership). The prestige of the brand varies between who you speak with, but in the United States, Lexus has done an awesome awesome job of Luxury branding. The type of marketing and branding they do is just dead-on.

Acura has less of a Luxury branding than Lexus until only a few years ago when they finally got on the "marketing" bus.

Lexus cars are smooth, comfortable, luxurious, quiet, and reliable. Plus, they keep these elements as they age, which most car makers can't match. For many, that says "boring". But for those who've had enough cars, spent enough money on cars, chased enough problems in cars, taken enough advil after a long drive to get out of a car, and lost enough money in residual values on a car....a Lexus is the PERFECT car! Plus, as many of us know, if you're not cruising in a straight line on the interstate, then you're probably stuck in traffic and going stop light to stop light in a 35mph speed zone. So, I fail to see the need to spend the extra money, the extra hassles of maintenance, and the sore butts from hard leather seating areas, for a car that appears to "drive" better.

But at the end of the day, Lexus is associated with Toyota, and when you're number one, you're wearing the biggest target. I say, fire away!

Very well said nc! ^ B)

In my late teens & early 20's I worked for several very high volume car dealers....GM, Ford & Chrysler. Drove literally thousands of cars & trucks including my fair share of BMW's, MB's, Audi's, Infiniti, Acura, Lexus, Vipers (yikes!), Vette's, Jag's, Volvo's etc....you name it. I've always been just a general car enthusiast.....I would not go out of my way to knock any brand as far as the Luxury segment was concerned......but I always liked a few much more than others....it was just the way some felt when you drove them....and Lexus was one of em.

For me & as far as european Luxury brands go I felt BMW's were one of the most overrated (if not THE most overrated) brands out there frankly (driven the 3, 5, 7 & even the 8 series).....I would take a MB first followed by Audi any day & twice on Sunday's.....I never understood & could not figure out for the life of me what was so great about BMW? :blink::rolleyes: & I still can't, not at those prices......I guess I just 'don't get it'? :unsure: Perhaps to some degree it had to do with seeing the type of drivers who owned them & the manner in which they would drive......many of them being extremely arrogant, aggressive with the 'I'M THE GREATEST F@#$ER HERE' attitude. In the Winter......I see more BMW's involved in stupid accidents than any other Luxury marque.....I pass them shaking my head with a grin saying to myself "The ultimate driving machine" :lol:

It's never been a secret that many Lexus models are based loosely on related Toyota platforms.....I tell folks that my ES is a Toyota dipped in gold....and that's never bothered me (although from what I have been told.....less than 1/3rd is actually Camry.....the rest is Lexus for the ES)......It's still a Lexus....so who cares? I prefered quiet comfort with good winter traction over handling prowess personally.

Sure I wanted the 'prestige' of owning a Luxury branded vehicle & the toys it comes with & I enjoy the looks & comments (positive or otherwise) I get while driving her too...but I also wanted one thing that the european brands are still chasing after close to two decades since Lexus came on the scene....long term reliability to go along with the rest of the experience!

Let's not forget how Lexus turned the Luxury car 'establishment' on it's ear back in 1990...maybe that explains the defensive attitude these owners/drivers have towards mainly Lexus (and I think by a wide margin it's the BMW crowd who despise us the most) as well as other Japanese competitors....and even after almost 20 years....they are still Pi$$y about it! If you think about it.....that's priceless! :whistles:

:cheers:

Very well said nc! ^ B)

In my late teens & early 20's I worked for several very high volume car dealers....GM, Ford & Chrysler. Drove literally thousands of cars & trucks including my fair share of BMW's, MB's, Audi's, Infiniti, Acura, Lexus, Vipers (yikes!), Vette's, Jag's, Volvo's etc....you name it. I've always been just a general car enthusiast.....I would not go out of my way to knock any brand as far as the Luxury segment was concerned......but I always liked a few much more than others....it was just the way some felt when you drove them....and Lexus was one of em.

For me & as far as european Luxury brands go I felt BMW's were one of the most overrated (if not THE most overrated) brands out there frankly (driven the 3, 5, 7 & even the 8 series).....I would take a MB first followed by Audi any day & twice on Sunday's.....I never understood & could not figure out for the life of me what was so great about BMW? :blink::rolleyes: & I still can't, not at those prices......I guess I just 'don't get it'? :unsure: Perhaps to some degree it had to do with seeing the type of drivers who owned them & the manner in which they would drive......many of them being extremely arrogant, aggressive with the 'I'M THE GREATEST F@#$ER HERE' attitude. In the Winter......I see more BMW's involved in stupid accidents than any other Luxury marque.....I pass them shaking my head with a grin saying to myself "The ultimate driving machine" :lol:

It's never been a secret that many Lexus models are based loosely on related Toyota platforms.....I tell folks that my ES is a Toyota dipped in gold....and that's never bothered me (although from what I have been told.....less than 1/3rd is actually Camry.....the rest is Lexus for the ES)......It's still a Lexus....so who cares? I prefered quiet comfort with good winter traction over handling prowess personally.

Sure I wanted the 'prestige' of owning a Luxury branded vehicle & the toys it comes with & I enjoy the looks & comments (positive or otherwise) I get while driving her too...but I also wanted one thing that the european brands are still chasing after close to two decades since Lexus came on the scene....long term reliability to go along with the rest of the experience!

Let's not forget how Lexus turned the Luxury car 'establishment' on it's ear back in 1990...maybe that explains the defensive attitude these owners/drivers have towards mainly Lexus (and I think by a wide margin it's the BMW crowd who despise us the most) as well as other Japanese competitors....and even after almost 20 years....they are still Pi$$y about it! If you think about it.....that's priceless! :whistles:

Wow... Lexusfreak now don't start bashing my BMW :)

I have a Rx330 and still love it even though my wife drives it for the most part. I have driven the rx350 as well. The X5 and the Rx drive completely different. I have had a Mercedes C230 and have driven a few of IS's too. Driven the E class and BMW 335i. I like them all and think the feel of a BMW or a Mercedes is much different from a Lexus. As far as the interior of the Lexus Rx330 I actually like it better than my X5. But when it comes to the paint, and handling of the vehicles there is no question I like the way the X5 drives. The paint on BMW's and Mercedes seems to be a much better quality. There are pros and cons of each. When you speak of reliability there is no question that Lexus and Toyota are reliable cars. But Mercedes and BMW's aren't pieces of junk that fall apart on the side of the road. The whole time I had the Mercedes there was only (1) problem that I had with it a pulley recall. My BMW...as of yet has been trouble free and hope it stays that way. If I have a problem the BMW dealership will do the same thing Lexus did. Come pick it up, bring me a new car to drive and fix it under warranty. My Lexus was picked up a few times for some minor problems...no big deal.

Perhaps to some degree it had to do with seeing the type of drivers who owned them & the manner in which they would drive......many of them being extremely arrogant, aggressive with the 'I'M THE GREATEST F@#$ER HERE' attitude. In the Winter......I see more BMW's involved in stupid accidents than any other Luxury marque.....I pass them shaking my head with a grin saying to myself "The ultimate driving machine" :lol:

Well that sums it up. So it is only BMW owners who drive extremely arrogantly and aggressively. I will remember that the next time I see someone in a IS driving like a bat out of Hell. My BMW drives 10 times better in snow and ice than my AWD Lexus...that is a fact. I have driven my Rx330 many times in the snow and it will get me there but it in no way compares to the feeling of the X5 in the snow. The main reason that most of the C classes and 335's are on the side of the road is the TIRES they are equipped with. Sport tires are put on most of these cars and they are not made for snow. The C class I had was a train wreck to drive if it snowed. But if I had put the proper tires on it, I would have been fine other than if it bottomed out of course. I have heard quite a few people on here that have had problems with their IS's in the snow and Ice.

I am sure that I will buy another Lexus in the future. They are great cars...not saying I will never have another Mercedes or BMW.

Wow... Lexusfreak now don't start bashing my BMW :)

I have a Rx330 and still love it even though my wife drives it for the most part. I have driven the rx350 as well. The X5 and the Rx drive completely different. I have had a Mercedes C230 and have driven a few of IS's too. Driven the E class and BMW 335i. I like them all and think the feel of a BMW or a Mercedes is much different from a Lexus. As far as the interior of the Lexus Rx330 I actually like it better than my X5. But when it comes to the paint, and handling of the vehicles there is no question I like the way the X5 drives. The paint on BMW's and Mercedes seems to be a much better quality. There are pros and cons of each. When you speak of reliability there is no question that Lexus and Toyota are reliable cars. But Mercedes and BMW's aren't pieces of junk that fall apart on the side of the road. The whole time I had the Mercedes there was only (1) problem that I had with it a pulley recall. My BMW...as of yet has been trouble free and hope it stays that way. If I have a problem the BMW dealership will do the same thing Lexus did. Come pick it up, bring me a new car to drive and fix it under warranty. My Lexus was picked up a few times for some minor problems...no big deal.

Well that sums it up. So it is only BMW owners who drive extremely arrogantly and aggressively. I will remember that the next time I see someone in a IS driving like a bat out of Hell. My BMW drives 10 times better in snow and ice than my AWD Lexus...that is a fact. I have driven my Rx330 many times in the snow and it will get me there but it in no way compares to the feeling of the X5 in the snow. The main reason that most of the C classes and 335's are on the side of the road is the TIRES they are equipped with. Sport tires are put on most of these cars and they are not made for snow. The C class I had was a train wreck to drive if it snowed. But if I had put the proper tires on it, I would have been fine other than if it bottomed out of course. I have heard quite a few people on here that have had problems with their IS's in the snow and Ice.

I am sure that I will buy another Lexus in the future. They are great cars...not saying I will never have another Mercedes or BMW.

Never said all BMW folk LEXIRX330, I am pretty sure I said many. ;) And you are correct, quite a few Luxury car owners in general are that way & that includes Lexus owners.......my main point was (and again based on my experiences) is it was far more noticable from the BMW crowd more so than the others. Haven't driven any of the BMW SUV's either so I can't comment. It's interesting you own one of each. :)

I also disagree with you, Lexusfreak. Some BMW models are outstanding vehicles for what they are designed to do. However, I believe that they (like a number of Lexus models as well) are significantly overpriced from an acquisition standpoint. They are also expensive to maintain and insure over the long run....

Back in December we were looking for a luxury-class highway cruiser for my wife in an effort to take some of the miles off of her 2004 RX330 AWD. She was racking up mileage on her SUV, usually during trips that better fit a sedan. I researched American, Japanese, and European options and determined that the best bang-for-the-buck from an overall acquisition/maintenance/insurance/depreciation standpoint would be the well-maintained, low-mileage (18,000) Jaguar S-Type that I purchased for her back on December 19th. Due to the heavy depreciation hammering ALL luxury cars in this terrible economy, I was able to steal what was a $52,000 car new for an extremely low-ball offer of $17,500. This would have been unheard of back when the economy was healthier in 2007. My wife has put nearly 14,000 miles on the S-Type since we bought it and what a fantastic car it has been for us. Drives better than an LS, quiet, powerful, gets more than 33 mpg on her trips back and forth to Florida to see her parents (which initially had me in disbelief thinking I had miscalculated somehow), and its beauty and elegance is just icing on the cake. Had I not done the research, I never would have bought it due to Jaguar's long-time reputation of less-than-favorable reliability. But that simply isn't true anymore, witness Jaguar's J.D. Powers tie with Buick earlier this year for #1 in customer satisfaction....

My point is that you have to know what you're getting into as well as what you want. The more research you do, the more informed a decision you'll make and the happier you'll be with that decision over the long term. And no matter what you decide to acquire, the more routine maintenance you can learn to do yourself, the better off your wallet will be. Especially with ANY European marque - their dealer service is unquestionably the most costly on the planet....

Never said all BMW folk LEXIRX330, I am pretty sure I said many. ;) And you are correct, quite a few Luxury car owners in general are that way & that includes Lexus owners.......my main point was (and again based on my experiences) is it was far more noticable from the BMW crowd more so than the others. Haven't driven any of the BMW SUV's either so I can't comment. It's interesting you own one of each. :)

I know you did not say all Lexusfreak. We are good was just pointing out some of us BMW owners are still OK! :cheers:

Hey by the way I have the Lexus incase the BMW breaks down! J/K :whistles: :D :lol:

I also disagree with you, Lexusfreak. Some BMW models are outstanding vehicles for what they are designed to do. However, I believe that they (like a number of Lexus models as well) are significantly overpriced from an acquisition standpoint. They are also expensive to maintain and insure over the long run....

Back in December we were looking for a luxury-class highway cruiser for my wife in an effort to take some of the miles off of her 2004 RX330 AWD. She was racking up mileage on her SUV, usually during trips that better fit a sedan. I researched American, Japanese, and European options and determined that the best bang-for-the-buck from an overall acquisition/maintenance/insurance/depreciation standpoint would be the well-maintained, low-mileage (18,000) Jaguar S-Type that I purchased for her back on December 19th. Due to the heavy depreciation hammering ALL luxury cars in this terrible economy, I was able to steal what was a $52,000 car new for an extremely low-ball offer of $17,500. This would have been unheard of back when the economy was healthier in 2007. My wife has put nearly 14,000 miles on the S-Type since we bought it and what a fantastic car it has been for us. Drives better than an LS, quiet, powerful, gets more than 33 mpg on her trips back and forth to Florida to see her parents (which initially had me in disbelief thinking I had miscalculated somehow), and its beauty and elegance is just icing on the cake. Had I not done the research, I never would have bought it due to Jaguar's long-time reputation of less-than-favorable reliability. But that simply isn't true anymore, witness Jaguar's J.D. Powers tie with Buick earlier this year for #1 in customer satisfaction....

My point is that you have to know what you're getting into as well as what you want. The more research you do, the more informed a decision you'll make and the happier you'll be with that decision over the long term. And no matter what you decide to acquire, the more routine maintenance you can learn to do yourself, the better off your wallet will be. Especially with ANY European marque - their dealer service is unquestionably the most costly on the planet....

My neighbor loves his S type. Just bought his wife a new Caddy...and he keeps telling her he is going to sell it. But he won't. Said he loves the car.

Back in December we were looking for a luxury-class highway cruiser for my wife in an effort to take some of the miles off of her 2004 RX330 AWD. She was racking up mileage on her SUV, usually during trips that better fit a sedan. I researched American, Japanese, and European options and determined that the best bang-for-the-buck from an overall acquisition/maintenance/insurance/depreciation standpoint would be the well-maintained, low-mileage (18,000) Jaguar S-Type that I purchased for her back on December 19th. Due to the heavy depreciation hammering ALL luxury cars in this terrible economy, I was able to steal what was a $52,000 car new for an extremely low-ball offer of $17,500. This would have been unheard of back when the economy was healthier in 2007. My wife has put nearly 14,000 miles on the S-Type since we bought it and what a fantastic car it has been for us. Drives better than an LS, quiet, powerful, and its beauty and elegance is just icing on the cake. Had I not done the research, I never would have bought it due to Jaguar's long-time reputation of less-than-favorable reliability. But that simply isn't true anymore, witness Jaguar's J.D. Powers tie with Buick earlier this year for #1 in customer satisfaction....

I'm sure some BMW models are outstanding RX (several of my buddies own em) & kudos on the Jag btw. :) All I was saying is that my preferences (as mentioned) would be a Benz or Audi over a Bimmer.....nothing more, nothing less.....just one's opinion. :)

No question about the servicing / maintenance costs on the European brands, your bang on....I had an Audi A6 Quattro in my sights at one point....and after much research, I decided to pass on it because of that very reason...one's hard pressed though to find a more nicely done interior than an Audi. ;)

I know you did not say all Lexusfreak. We are good was just pointing out some of us BMW owners are still OK! :cheers:

Hey by the way I have the Lexus incase the BMW breaks down! J/K :whistles: :D :lol:

I know they are :) My BMW buddies are on that list too (even though we routinely exchange friendly jabs about each other's rides).....good to see we all have a good sense of humor too. :lol:

My father in law recently decided he had had enough of his 02' Jag S-Type with the V8, and traded it in for a 07' BMW X3. I'm sad to report though, I don't think his decision fixed the underlying problem that drove him to the decision to make the switch, as evidenced by the leaking of oil and brake fluid in the driveway of the family beach house in NC two weeks ago, from the BMW. He got rid of the Jag, with something like 49k miles because he was on his 3rd a/c compressor, the battery kept draining and wouldn't start "2 alternators", and was recently told that the camber on the rear wheels was way off and required some kind of Jag issued camber fix, at $800 a pop.

Interestingly enough, as we were standing in the driveway, looking down at that puddle of goo from the BMW "hadn't had it but a week", he pointed to our 4runner and asked "how many miles you got on that thing? 77,000 I said". He asked "have any problems with it?" I said "not a one". I kid you not, he said "I should have gotten the RX instead". Last I heard, he was going to take the X3 back to the BMW dealership in Raleigh to see what he could do to switch it out for an RX they had.

I drove the X3, and it was nice! It smelled GREAT! Something about the smell of a BMW interior is just intoxicating. And no doubt, the BMW drove much tighter and sportier than any Toyota product I've ever driven, it was fun to drive! But, like I said earlier: if you've bought enough, fixed enough, taken hits enough....Lexus is the perfect car. Although, I'm sure you can find more than a few posts on here from me from back in my LS days saying otherwise! :lol:

RX: If you ever want proof of how far Jag has come over the years, you should check out my brother's 1994 Xtype with the highoutput 4.0 6banger. You talk about a maintenance PIG! It looks fantastic, only has mid 40k miles...and bleeds him dry to keep going! It's always something, from the brakes, to some funky spectromitar-scoope-whahuzit-neezle-reader thingy. Last advice I told him "he refuses to sell it, loves it too much, but !Removed! about it 24/7", was to pull the light bulb out of the check engine light socket. Let's just say, it's been on far more than it's been off. This is an original car to our family, my dad had it and sold it to him years ago when he was starting to clean out his fleet of toys, before retiring. Of the 13 or so cars he had at one point "was renting out garage spaces within the neighborhood at one point", ranging from the 73' caddy he still has, to a KC Chief's party bus, his alltime favorite is their 06' Solaro convertible. Although, he hates the throttle lag.

I bet you guys have never heard of the toyota prado. toyota prado is simply the lexus LX series. one of the reasons I love lexus is because they just have the cars that toyota doesnt have here in the us. the toyota Altezza isnt sold here in the US either the altezza is just the IS300 I bet many people know that. but it's simple lexus will always mean toyota but they not always look like a toyota and yes they are more expensive but the car is totally worth the price. I will always love lexus

The perceptions of the types of owners of a BMW, and a Lexus. No wonder neither get along... I'll let you figure out which one is which ;)

post-15797-1248210471_thumb.jpg

post-15797-1248210530.jpg

nc211,

Your father-in-law's 2002 S-Type was a completely different animal than our 2005 S-Type. His had the old problematic Ford transmission, ours has the infinitely smooth and superior German ZF six-speed transmission (but the Shell mineral oil used as transmission fluid in the ZF costs $58 per litre from all of the local European dealerships and I can't find it on the open market thus far). His had the A/C control valves and modules that will go out on you if you just look at them funny, ours has the upgraded A/C valves and modules that don't suffer from those problems. His had the flimsy Ford window regulators carried over from the first-generation Lincoln LS that failed early and often, ours has the new-and-improved window regulators that are actually built to last, etc. etc. etc.

But I still maintain that a big part of your father-in-law's problems with his S-Type is that he simply did not drive it enough. These cars have some of the most complicated electronic modules I've ever seen in a vehicle and they are all interconnected with each other. I purchased the Jaguar JTIS factory service manual (available only on CD, unfortunately) via an ebay bid just because of the electronic modules in this car. Long-time owners are all over the S-Type forums saying if you don't drive your 1999 to 2003 S-Type enough, your battery will lose its storage and recuperative powers relatively quickly and from that point, it's all downhill (and obscenely expensive) with these electronic modules, even with a new battery....

You are 100% correct about Jaguar back in the day as opposed to the last 3 or 4 model years. Jaguar Corporate finally reached a point in 2003/2004 where they realized that if they didn't get their quality control out of the sewer, they would be headed for the scrap heap in very short order. I was unwilling to acquire an S-Type prior to a mid-2005 build date for this very reason. Thus far, this has been a great car for us. As you would expect from me, I rode our local Jaguar dealership out in Cary like a rented mule these past seven months as far as getting every little glitch (and potential glitch) taken care of to my specifications while the car was still under factory warranty (which expired this past Saturday). I made them do about $3,000 worth of warranty work (new throttle body, new throttle position sensor, new rear tie rods and grease cap assemblies, full 4-wheel alignment after the new tie rods, new Bluetooth microphone, new under-hood insulation pad, new windshield cowl protecting the new throttle body, even a new wood gearshift knob which I picked up just this morning), but remember - you can't drive into a Jaguar dealership service department for less than $800 to $1,000 per incident in most cases. That is why for cars such as this one, if you value the contents of your wallet it is absolutely critical that you learn to do the bulk of the routine maintenance yourself (as you quickly learned with your old LS). Many folks who want cars such as this sadly don't do the research required to realize what you're stepping into if you don't want to be a DIY guy....

Look at that cell phone!! LOL!!! And I think you got the pic for the Buick owner up there by mistake. :rolleyes:

Hey everyone I'm just throwing my $.02 in here. The BMW crowd seems to think we're trying to make this huge breakthru with the IS-F and start beating BMW and MB...but take a look back in the early 90's. My car, a 93' SC400 would blow the doors off almost every BMW or MB from the same era.

SC4 vs. ANY 3 Series? See ya later MB C class......enough said.

SC4 vs. ANY 5 Series? Peace out MB S Class.....close but no cigar

SC4 vs. ANY 7 Series? gets closer but still see ya

This was Lex's base model SC4...the ///M3 and ///M5 would give it a race and possibly beat it by a hair, but those are the glorified special edition models.

So when BMW and MB think the IS-F is our attempt at a break thru? Well lets think back a few years ago when the SC series was the sleekest and sharpest car on the road other than exotics in the very early 90's. and how many SC's will STILL blow the doors off 00+ BMW and MB from 92 + ??

BMW and MB take a damn seat.

There's a whole hell of a lot more to BMW vs. Benz vs. Lexus comparisons than just acceleration and speed. The entire body of work of how the car is designed and what its complete capabilities are must be taken into consideration. Hell, I'm 6-foot-7 and 245 pounds and to me, any Lexus SC is just a damn crackerbox that I couldn't fit into even with a giant shoehorn and a case of WD-40....

Well first of all we do have to admit that back in the day, mid-90s, that a lot of the Lexus line-up was too similar to the Toyota line-up. Just lately that Toyota has made a bigger distinction between the two even though we all know that the fit and finish, and insulation of Lexus is still far from it's Toyota counterpart.

You guys should see how the BMW guys talk about us Lexus owners hehe. I'm the only one who's actually "neutral" between Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes, in their forum. They're worse than drug addicts. They could already be driving a 2008 or 2009 550i but they are still willing to trade someone who has an M5, or they are "saving" money for that M5 someday... :lol:

The 528i is a fun machine to drive, but something still "excites" me more when I drive my GX470 ;)

The new car smell on the 528i is very addicting, but then again when I visit my local Lexus dealership I feel like I can sleep inside a brand new Lexus with their scent also lol