Why Do People Hate Lexus?

Lucky13

it's just ignorance...

Only the people who who own Lexus' know the truth i guess. Different people are after different things in a car. People who like performance will like BMW's over Lexus', while people who like luxury will like Lexus' over BMW's.

I have found that most people who favor power over luxury are the type of people who are never satisfied. They seem to never think their car is fast enough, and always want more. And when you already drive a car that can do 0-60 in 4 seconds, any "Lexus" just seems like a crappy car to them because it doesn't go that fast. Doesn't matter how comfortable or of high quality it might be, they're just two opposite qualities of a car. Performance is on the opposite spectrum of comfort.

You really can't have both... I can't name one car that has the handling of a Porsche with the comfort of a Lexus... whenever you read a review on a high performing Lexus, they always complain about steering or body roll... Even on my mother's Bentley- it's fast, but honestly, the fit and finish really isn't up to par with even Lexus. It's just an audi to me...

My friends all wanted me to get a porsche cayenne (because they care more about performance than i do) but i think the porsche's interior quality is VERY poor. I honestly can't downgrade my interior's for a few extra horses... For me the pros and cons are different than someone else's.

The fastest car will never be the most luxurious... and the most luxurious will never be the fastest. When you have people who like performance over luxury, and people who like luxury over performance, there will always be opposing opinions on which car's are the best...

Now, if Lexus came out with maybe the LS460 that could outperform and handle a porsche 911, maybe we could all agree on something...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again though, you can say bad things about the ES sharing the Camry platform...but they sell more Camries than anybody else sells midsized cars, and the ES is their best selling car with annual sales of over 80,000 units. I think the buying public has spoken.

I think Mercedes and BMW have some great cars, and I do agree that as far as prestige goes they are a step ahead. However, prestige isn't everything and I'm quite satisfied with the size of my !Removed! and my hairline... I think a lot of these people are not and thats why they talk this way.

Edited for content....very strange post...

Edited AGAIN. Repost this content one more time and your membership will be revoked

Edited by SW03ES

Uh, ok, this thread just took a useless and stupid turn for the worse.. Who cares about what you're saying?

Yeah I totally don't understand your post 2007GS450h...is it some sort of humor that we just totally don't get, or is it a racial slur? What does race and male member size have anything to do with the subject of this thread?

And in the future, when a moderator edits your post and removes the content DO NOT republish the same post. I have issued a warning against your account and if it happens again I will ban you from the site. When I or anyone else on the site's admin team removes content from the site it is unwelcome...clear?

No No your the one talking about male member's I just responded to data that African American's members are the largest

This is no racial slur.... it is a fact

I believe you should be given a warning with this post

Again though, you can say bad things about the ES sharing the Camry platform...but they sell more Camries than anybody else sells midsized cars, and the ES is their best selling car with annual sales of over 80,000 units. I think the buying public has spoken.

I think Mercedes and BMW have some great cars, and I do agree that as far as prestige goes they are a step ahead. However, prestige isn't everything and I'm quite satisfied with the size of my !Removed! and my hairline... I think a lot of these people are not and thats why they talk this way.

Also. please remove the warning as it has nothing lewd or racially about it

I made a comment that I was secure in my maculinity and myself so I don't need a car thats the ultimate in pristige or have a desire to denigrate other people's vehicles, it was a figure of speech.

The point of what I said has nothing to do with !Removed! sizes of African Americans or anybody else (how do you know I'm not African American? Although thats beside the point)...obviously I wasn't the only person who was bewildered by your post. Even now...it just doesn't make any sense.

The word "!Removed!" is not a bad word...however posting racially charged or focused posts is against the site's posting guidelines...and your post was off topic and in poor taste.

The warning stays, when a moderators removes something you've posted...leave it removed.

Back on topic. If you want to discuss this further, PM me.

As I mentioned in the 528i topic, I test drove a used 525i today. It was actually at Carmax and according to the guy who assisted me, the stereotypical opinion about Lexus is that it's for "old people" because of the ride comfort and quality. Younger people I guess tend to want sportier, little stiffer ride.

Lol I :wub: this thread. I wish I jumped in the pool sooner.

I agree with the fact that you can't have an LS ride with BMW, handling and performance.

My buddy that drives the GLI (thread in Club Lounge: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=58517 ) Has the same "Glorified Toyota" mindset. It's funny really.

He brags that his BRAND NEW turbo performance tuned 6 speed vehicle is just a bit faster than my 13 year old 4 speed luxury sedan... and we only raced on a highway to about 90mph.

If you really want to call that a victory? ? ? ? :huh: . . . . have at it B)

I'll just drive home from my "loss" without feeling one bump in the road, While you jiggle your a$$ all the way to your house B) B) B)

hahahah :cheers:

If you think that is heat...

Check out the VW Vortex, Pacific... B)

It's strange... currently there's only ONE locked thread on the first page! :D hahaha

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=90

You guys will want to marry LOC after spending 2min at the Vortex :lol:

They only hate because they've never had the opportunity to experience one B)

..and aren't good enough to experience one! :lol:

What a bunch of rabble rousers! hahaha

I think it's more about the "my team" mentality. I love the Pittsburg Steelers. I've been a dedicated 35 year fan. So, I obviuosly hate the Dallas Cowboys and the Baltimore Ravens, (the real Cleveland Browns), and I hate the new Cleveland Browns even more for being a poser team. (LOL!) And it doesn't matter what team is the best team in the NFL because to me, it's always the Pittsburg Steelers, even if they didn't win.