My '06 Gs300....

Here are some pics of my 06 GS. What do you guys think of the mods I've done so far? Has anyone done anything else?

Let me know what you think of the interior. I'm thinking of pulling it out and leaving it stock.

I've already been slammed for, well, not having the car slammed. Maybe in the future I'll have the car lowered but I'm fine with it right now. My front two tires rub the fenderwell when i make a sharp turn as it is anyway.

post-18508-1125361194_thumb.jpg post-18508-1125361209_thumb.jpg post-18508-1125361218_thumb.jpg post-18508-1125361239_thumb.jpg

i'm also thinking of removing the "LEXUS" and "GS300" lettering from the trunk, opionions on that??

the back windows are limo tint and the front two are one-shade lighter...need that limo tint in this heat of az...

i had these rims on another ride and they fit on this car so i just decided to use the same set instead of invest in another set of rims.

That car is slick.

Hey I just noticed, does that car have a cd changer? Looks like there is a cd slot in the dash. Does it not have a cd changer, or is that where you load all the cd's into the changer in an 06?

Here are some pics of my 06 GS. What do you guys think of the mods I've done so far? Has anyone done anything else?

Let me know what you think of the interior. I'm thinking of pulling it out and leaving it stock.

I've already been slammed for, well, not having the car slammed. Maybe in the future I'll have the car lowered but I'm fine with it right now. My front two tires rub the fenderwell when i make a sharp turn as it is anyway.

post-18508-1125361194_thumb.jpg post-18508-1125361209_thumb.jpg post-18508-1125361218_thumb.jpg post-18508-1125361239_thumb.jpg

i'm also thinking of removing the "LEXUS" and "GS300" lettering from the trunk, opionions on that??

Sweet ride, I especially like the smoked taillights, Wheels aren't my style but they look good. If you debadge the tail then you should get [ ARISTO / TOYOTA emblems ] and nobody will know what car that is. Keep up the great work ! ;) I would lose the LV unless it was the wifes car.

ELEGANT, SOPHISTICATED!

NOT TOO MUCH A TRUE CASE OF “LESS IS MORE”.

A BEAUTIFUL CAR!

That car is slick.

Hey I just noticed, does that car have a cd changer? Looks like there is a cd slot in the dash. Does it not have a cd changer, or is that where you load all the cd's into the changer in an 06?

The car has a built-in cd changer in the dash. I never did like how lexus put them in the glove compartment in the 2nd gen GS.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

That car is slick.

The car has a built-in cd changer in the dash. I never did like how lexus put them in the glove compartment in the 2nd gen GS.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

Did you smoke the tails or did you have it done? How ? Where? Thanx. B)

i bought this film kit off of ebay for $60. They came already pre-cut and all u have to do is put them on...Its kinda hard to do because you'll need a hair dryer to stretch the film over the tail light to get everything aligned.

I took it a step further and cut out the half-circles to show the white from the reverse lights..

ok, so i tried to take off the LEXUS badging on the back of my trunk and found that the thing is held on by double sided tape AND two holes on each side that the thing kinda clips on to...

anyone know how much it would cost to get the holes filled up and repainted??? i'm guessing its not gonna be cheap...

Definitely keep the stock/current ride height--those are big rims and with the LoPro's, you've already sacrificed some of the infamous Lexus ride quality--why give up more? It won't go any faster... :-)

The Gucci thing is neat-- if you like it, keep it. If not, well--it's your ride. In the words of Digital Underground, dowhatchalike.

However, I do have a stronger opinion about debadging the car (or any car, for that matter). Did you ever notice that the cars with their badges removed are *always* the smaller engine models? For example, people take the badging off of MBZ S430's and S500's all the time--but you bet your !Removed! that if someone can afford the S55 or S600, they will retain the badges for SURE, know what I mean? People who take the badging off are not fooling anyone--people know they are driving the "slower" model (get over it--if I wanted to drag race at stop lights I would have bought a 'Vette, not a Lexus).

I drive a GS300, and I'm frankly pretty happy at the moment with the fact that my $45 at the gas pump goes a lot further than it does for a GS430. You did the smart thing--the GS300 is still the same CAR as the GS430--you'll just get fewer speeding tickets, spend less on gas AND insurance than you would with the V8. I got nothin' to hide--if I really cared that much, I would not have bought the GS300 in the first place. My $0.02: Keep 'em on.

Regards,

Matt

2005 White/Tan GS300

I never understood the whole de-badging thing, but I can see how that would make sense. Someone with horsepower envy might want to clear off the badges to make people guess, is it a 300 or a 430?

Personally I think all the badges look slick. The only badge party fowl is when a dealer bolts their own metallic badge somewhere onto the car. Although Ive never seen that on a Lexus (God forbid). I have a GS 300 and frankly Im pretty stoked about that. I want to keep those badges on.

Your car looks slick as ice as it is, if I was you, I would put the badges back on.