Tune In 12:25 Pm 01/08/06 For The 07 Ls460 Reveal!

Here are more and better pics of the SWB car.

01.jpg

02_Y5X2924.jpg

03_Y5X2928.jpg

And guess what, its gonna be at the DC auto show at the end of the month. I'll be there and I'll take TONS of high res pics ;)

Great post Steve and thanks for showing us the new Lexus and the rest of you guys. A very exciting day, to say the least. Much appreciated, you guys did great!!! Last thing I can say, as a previous 400 owner, the 430 is the next step, Love them both, and I look forward to the 460 and 600 to be another step forward. Nothing like the "Pursuit"

Thats right, it'll keep us all working hard LOL

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a pre production car army ,anything will and can change and i think someone willing to drop $100 grand on one will not care less about factory option of tinted glass. you think?

Very nice car and i can't wait to drive one.

I can see it now with an air suspension module to lower it over a nice set of 20 inch rims all black with white interior. Oooooooowh now that is my kind of car. I like the rear wood console , strange it is not like the previous ones which allowed it to be removed and returned the car to a 5 seater when needed as it looked just the same on the 98-2000 LS in Japan.

I love the new L-finesse direction as the previous few years lines (GS exempt) did nothing for me in the Lexus line up

Yeah I like that white interior and the wood its matched to. It'll be a !Removed! to keep clean though...

i havent heard anything about the auto park thing. what is that!?!?

They have it on a couple models in Japan. Basically it uses the backup camera where you select the space you want to park in on the screen, then it actually steers the car into the space using a myriad of sensors all around the car, all you do is modulate the speed with the brakes.

Uhmm!! Auto parking sounds extremely fancy, but let's face it.. if someone needs the car to selp park for them, maybe one doesn;t deserve to drive. What's next?! Auto pilot on a car? All these little things , are what make driving fun. Start taking away little by little and there will be no joy in driving anymore, an automobile will merely be just that! An object! Without the emotional attachment many of us seem to have towards our LS;s, no matter how old they are. Manufacturers seem to think that customers are too lethargic to steer or shift or whatever other maneuver one needs to do.Maybe some are too lazy, and yes give me all the comforts and gadgets one can think of, but leave the driving part to me, cause i'm not ready to give up control yet :chairshot: Just my humble opinion :cheers:

Those are SUVs. Why do you think the front two windows on SUVs aren't tinted to match?

And I doubt the tint is 15-20%. 35-40% maybe.

i know people in the industry and i had the tint on dads F150 metered before we had 5% put over it, it was 15% factory.

no we cant see out the back at night LOL.

i know why the front 2 arent tinted to match.

i was simply saying i dont understand why they havent done it on cars yet, especially higher end ones. you have proven the point that it wouldnt suit the needs of the buyer and if it does than its something that can be added on at marginal cost. point taken. I see where you are coming from. I would still like to see it offered though, even if it was a special order option, because at some point, tint added to the glass via film fades, cracks, scratches, peels or dulls. tint from the factory, where the glass would actually be tinted, not a film placed over it, wont do any of the above.

just my taqke on things...other than that, i love the car. kudo's to lexus, just when you thought it couldnt get any better!

i never liked the idea of putting anything illegal on my vehicle, but after i got back from over seas i didn't want to see the sun i put 5% all the way a around and 20% on the windshield i love it and i'd have it no other way after doing it, as like as you don't drive or act disrespectful on the road the cops don't mess with you

but i still hope lexus doesn't pre tint them or at least you can get clear glass, i'd like to do my own especially the back glass because it's so hard to back up in a car versus a truck.....my little peice on that

Those are SUVs. Why do you think the front two windows on SUVs aren't tinted to match?

And I doubt the tint is 15-20%. 35-40% maybe.

i know people in the industry and i had the tint on dads F150 metered before we had 5% put over it, it was 15% factory.

no we cant see out the back at night LOL.

i know why the front 2 arent tinted to match.

i was simply saying i dont understand why they havent done it on cars yet, especially higher end ones. you have proven the point that it wouldnt suit the needs of the buyer and if it does than its something that can be added on at marginal cost. point taken. I see where you are coming from. I would still like to see it offered though, even if it was a special order option, because at some point, tint added to the glass via film fades, cracks, scratches, peels or dulls. tint from the factory, where the glass would actually be tinted, not a film placed over it, wont do any of the above.

just my taqke on things...other than that, i love the car. kudo's to lexus, just when you thought it couldnt get any better!

i never liked the idea of putting anything illegal on my vehicle, but after i got back from over seas i didn't want to see the sun i put 5% all the way a around and 20% on the windshield i love it and i'd have it no other way after doing it, as like as you don't drive or act disrespectful on the road the cops don't mess with you

but i still hope lexus doesn't pre tint them or at least you can get clear glass, i'd like to do my own especially the back glass because it's so hard to back up in a car versus a truck.....my little peice on that

LEXUS has done it again, Truly a great looking car, I am happy that they are upscaling the interior, I can't wait until I see/drive one. I agree about the tire comments, LEXUS should do something about the stance. There are some great tires on the market.

Uhmm!! Auto parking sounds extremely fancy, but let's face it.. if someone needs the car to selp park for them, maybe one doesn;t deserve to drive. What's next?! Auto pilot on a car? All these little things , are what make driving fun. Start taking away little by little and there will be no joy in driving anymore, an automobile will merely be just that! An object! Without the emotional attachment many of us seem to have towards our LS;s, no matter how old they are. Manufacturers seem to think that customers are too lethargic to steer or shift or whatever other maneuver one needs to do.Maybe some are too lazy, and yes give me all the comforts and gadgets one can think of, but leave the driving part to me, cause i'm not ready to give up control yet :chairshot: Just my humble opinion :cheers:

Well, thats why these things are options and not standard, and why you don't have to use them. You installed backup sensors on your car, people said the same thing about them when they first came out. You can park the car normally whether you've got the auto park or not, you can simply elect to use it if you want to.

And yes, one day and one day soon cars will definately have auto pilots and will drive themselves.

Anyways, I'd wish all cars had this just so people wouldn't ram into me trying to park LOL

I'm sure the windows are tinted from the factory, all cars today are pretty much and Lexus actually tends to tint the windows fairly dark from the factory.

Im talking DARK, like onth eback of trucks and SUV's... you cant hardly see in the rear window of a tahoe...

I happened to review window tint laws for most states the past weekend and found that, in some states, much darker tint is specifically allowed on the rear side and back windows of SUV's and van's but not on cars. A few states do not allow darker than standard OEM window tint at all on cars. It seems an odd "double standard".

Some sort of electrically controllable window tint has been available in Europe on at least some German cars. You can make the windows or glass roof lighter or darker simply by adjusting a switch on the dash. Wouldn't that be nice in the U.S.?

I'm sure the windows are tinted from the factory, all cars today are pretty much and Lexus actually tends to tint the windows fairly dark from the factory.

Im talking DARK, like onth eback of trucks and SUV's... you cant hardly see in the rear window of a tahoe...

I happened to review window tint laws for most states the past weekend and found that, in some states, much darker tint is specifically allowed on the rear side and back windows of SUV's and van's but not on cars. A few states do not allow darker than standard OEM window tint at all on cars. It seems an odd "double standard".

Some sort of electrically controllable window tint has been available in Europe on at least some German cars. You can make the windows or glass roof lighter or darker simply by adjusting a switch on the dash. Wouldn't that be nice in the U.S.?

yes it would though this kind of glass is a very expensive option.

I agree with steve, it wouldnt be all that practical now that i think about it. the people that like window tint generally arent the vast majority of customers who can afford/want a new LS. I have had tinted windows on everything i have ever owned, because it does 3 things for me:

Gives me privacy

Keeps my belongings mine

Keeps my interior from fading.

a fourth thing it did for me in texas was GREATLY reduce interior heat in the summer. but in upstate NY, summers reach 75, 80 degrees, so internal heat buildup is little problem.

I too am very pleased with the new LS. But I've got to call a spade a spade. While the body is beautiful, it is also uncannily similar to the 7-series that debuted 4 years ago. I have never had any qualms with my LS ripping off the best of Mercedes' S-class. If the Japanese can build a better, less expensive, more reliable mousetrap, I'm buying. Going forward, I will continue to have no qualms with my FUTURE LS ripping off the 7-series.

Long Live The LS!

Now, let's hope these attachments work...

post-3413-1136840505_thumb.jpg

post-3413-1136840520_thumb.jpg

I too am very pleased with the new LS. But I've got to call a spade a spade. While the body is beautiful, it is also uncannily similar to the 7-series that debuted 4 years ago. I have never had any qualms with my LS ripping off the best of Mercedes' S-class. If the Japanese can build a better, less expensive, more reliable mousetrap, I'm buying. Going forward, I will continue to have no qualms with my FUTURE LS ripping off the 7-series.

Long Live The LS!

Now, let's hope these attachments work...

There are some vague similarities, but I can't say I see a strong resemblance other than the roof line. Otherwise the side looks more like an IS than anything...

SV

I too am very pleased with the new LS. But I've got to call a spade a spade. While the body is beautiful, it is also uncannily similar to the 7-series that debuted 4 years ago.

I agree somwhat, but mostly only in the side profile. From most other angles there is a definite difference in the overall look.

I think the LS is actually what the 7 series should have been. The rear end on the 7 is horrid. It looks like the trunk lid was an afterthought stolen from Pontiac. I also think that the new LS will probably prove to be a much more reliable car than the 7 has.

Ohhhhhh...now that's just THE SH*T!! :blink: Give me give me give me give me give me! :wub:

You're gonna bring back the NC Hammer ...... dooo duoo dadoo...can't touch this... I would take that car over any other..period, no doubt in my mind. I love the interior, espcially the front seating! I wonder how much it'll really cost out the door?

Ohhhhhh...now that's just THE SH*T!! :blink: Give me give me give me give me give me! :wub:

You're gonna bring back the NC Hammer ...... dooo duoo dadoo...can't touch this... I would take that car over any other..period, no doubt in my mind. I love the interior, espcially the front seating! I wonder how much it'll really cost out the door?

The more I see, The more I like ;)

That very car? $77k is my guess.

I deposited $100 into my fund today.

Now only $76,900 to go :(

i wonder who in this forum will give us a full review of this car when it comes out. I would certainly b very jealous. I hope they take me on a joy ride as well... n lend me 75k wit no interest. LOL. ;)

I'm gonna be at the Washington Auto show at the end of the month and I'll spend as much time with the LS and take as many pictures as I can.

I'd like to think I'll be the first member with one, but since I'll probably have to wait for spring/summer 2007 I probably wont be ;)