Making Your Is More Manly

Hello Everyone, first time poster here.

I know a lot of people think the IS (atleast the 250) is a woman's car. I tend to disagree, however I do understand where they are coming from as I see more women driving these cars than men.

That being said, what is everyone's advice on making your IS that much more manly?

I don't have much money to spend, but I figured a few little upgrades like tint, and new headlights might do the trick. I have a silver stock IS 250 and would love to hear everyone's opinions on making the car look a little sexier for not too much money.

Hello Everyone, first time poster here.

I know a lot of people think the IS (atleast the 250) is a woman's car. I tend to disagree, however I do understand where they are coming from as I see more women driving these cars than men.

That being said, what is everyone's advice on making your IS that much more manly?

I don't have much money to spend, but I figured a few little upgrades like tint, and new headlights might do the trick. I have a silver stock IS 250 and would love to hear everyone's opinions on making the car look a little sexier for not too much money.

When I drive my wife's IS250 - her personal plate reads: SEXELXE - and I pull up next to a great big dude scrunched up in a little Mini Cooper, I don't have any problems with my manhood!! :lol::lol:

I disagree i think the car is masculine out of the box. Especially looking at the front or seen in rear view mirror. Also I have never seen a woman in one and I have been seeing alot of IS's all of the sudden all over. But a chick in an IS IS PRETTY FREAKIN HOT! sOME NICE HEELS STEPPIN OUT, sniffy sniffy MMMMM (oops sorry got carried away a minute)lol

I don't agree with the IS 250/350 being a chic car. I actually thought the SC was the chic car.

I don't agree with the IS 250/350 being a chic car. I actually thought the SC was the chic car.

I agree with you on that one. In the SC I see more late 30's late 40's blonde women with big hair, big jewels, and big gazooms. :D

Perhaps you could make your IS "manly" by hanging a set of these from the rear. ;)

I don't know about anywhere else but they just made it illeagal here to have those because it's offensive. :o

More offensive than mudflaps with the outline of a naked woman?

Mine would probably drag around on the ground though, So all the guys behind me would just have this grimacing wince on thier faces as I drove away! LOL!!!

No, I was thinking the stick on chrome vents along the sides to help add to that retro feel, then a shaker style hood scoop with RAM AIR in vinyl stickers on each side of it. Oh, and I like the drifter style rear deck spoiler, the HUGE one that looks like the right wing assembly off the Red Barons Schtucka. Then maybe some nice Metallica window stickers and a new set of chrome double blade windshield wipers with the new super air foil design. I especially like the plastic c-channel chrome trim. I could put that on the doors, around the hood, and on all the fender wells to help highlight the masculine lines of the car. After that, you just have to roll with the windows down and the stereo blasting wide open. How can you not feel like a man riding in that?!!!!

According to what I read, 52% of IS buyers are women. SO it's only 2% girlie. A far cry from the Miata or Beetle.

Actually it's the Toyota Rav 4 and the Beetle. Atleast it says that here: MSN Auto IT's an older report though. So things may have changed since then. :)

It is what it is....but you could trade it in for an IS-F....saw my first one on the road this week....that is one manly looking beast!

Other than that...just focus inward on you true manly self...that doesn't sound too manly does it :P

• 3 weeks later...
Here is AZ there are as many chics driving trucks and jeeps as guys! So what does that mean??

It generally means that most people who attach thier self worth or identity to what they drive and the things around them are generally the only ones bothered with this. I drive what I want, I mod it the way I want, it's the color I want. I don't care what other people think, or say about it. While I admit that I may raz,(harrase) others, I personally don't really care.

Here is AZ there are as many chics driving trucks and jeeps as guys! So what does that mean??

It generally means that most people who attach thier self worth or identity to what they drive and the things around them are generally the only ones bothered with this. I drive what I want, I mod it the way I want, it's the color I want. I don't care what other people think, or say about it. While I admit that I may raz,(harrase) others, I personally don't really care.

Aw man. I was just soooooo embarrassed every day for the 8 years I drove my Fiesta to work. :P

Now see, that car is fuel miser icon that is now sought after by many along with the Yugo! If you drove that car today, you would be seen as a green world saver with a smart economic savy! :lol: