$2.00 Wonder

Wow, tonight I invested 2 bucks into my LEXUS and it looks amazing.

What a difference a car wash can make!

Finally after being on the road for a month I have been able to take out the LEXUS. This time I rented an Avalon and Celica GT. Both were kewl, but nothing like the LEXUS!

Cheers to LEXUS!

Well its a rather interesting process.

I challenge my self get the job done and a work out at the same time.

Start with the rinse mode and gently go to the foam brush. Make sure you hit every area including the top of the car. Now as you bypass 2 minutes focus on the wheels. These minor details make a huge difference. After the tires you will have less then 69 seconds to go so you have to be quick. Remain focused on the goal and switch to rinse cycle. Use the top to bottom approach to rinse off the soap. As the beeping and your burning arms are about to overwhelm you the water will shut off. At this point your LEXUS should have no soap and look awesome!

NOW for the most important part.... Take out your California squeegee and clear off every drop of water. If this is not done you will have water stains on your newly washed car.

If one can complete the wash without adding quarters they are in great shape, two quarters means good shape, four quarters means too many 12 oz curls and over 8 quarters means you spent to much time on the details.

If anyone has any more questions feel free to email me. Right now I have to go buff my LEXUS with the 2470.

I KNOW THAT BIRD!!! THAT'S THE FREAKIN' TERRIDACTLE THAT LIKES TO "UNLOAD" ON MY TRUNK!

That is funny.

I hate birds and cats. The birds love to aim for the LEXUS. Tonight I think I am going to set up a trap to catch the cat who is walkin on my hood. Any ideas?

I'm thinking someing with tunafish and a tail catcher. This way it could lift the little *BLEEP* in the air by his tail.

dude, don't trap a cat, that's just mean. go buy one of those car mats you can put on the hood that they don't like, or call a vet's office and ask them for advice. But don't go hurting some kid's "Fluffy". I hate it too, got 3 cats of which one LOVES the glass sunroof. I just accept it. The tail is an actual bone like structure, and you can break it like one.

Well its a rather interesting process.

I challenge my self get the job done and a work out at the same time.

Start with the rinse mode and gently go to the foam brush. Make sure you hit every area including the top of the car. Now as you bypass 2 minutes focus on the wheels. These minor details make a huge difference. After the tires you will have less then 69 seconds to go so you have to be quick. Remain focused on the goal and switch to rinse cycle. Use the top to bottom approach to rinse off the soap. As the beeping and your burning arms are about to overwhelm you the water will shut off. At this point your LEXUS should have no soap and look awesome!

NOW for the most important part.... Take out your California squeegee and clear off every drop of water. If this is not done you will have water stains on your newly washed car.

If one can complete the wash without adding quarters they are in great shape, two quarters means good shape, four quarters means too many 12 oz curls and over 8 quarters means you spent to much time on the details.

If anyone has any more questions feel free to email me. Right now I have to go buff my LEXUS with the 2470.

YOU USED THE BRUSH ??? After the last guy used it to scrape the gravel out of his pickup bed. NEVER USE THE BRUSH !!! NEVER :chairshot: ....................... Don't they have a 1/2 price tuesday ? Or? :whistles:

The bird symbolized bird !Removed! that I often clean off my windshield. Nothing like good old parking under a tree.:cheers:

Since, car washing for me is like an EVENT!!! lol, I rely on rain to take care of the problem, with my luck everytime I do wash it, it rains the next day. :)

Isn't there a detailing forum where one could get instructions on WASHING A CAR?

I don't go to that forum.

I know how to wash a car.

Geez.

I just wasted another minute of my life on this thread.

u know the whole touchless wash thing really is just a patch up job... what i would do is get the cheap touchless just rinse and soap... and then go home and clean everyhting by hand... thats the only way to do it

Touchless works fine if you don't let your car go too long after it starts to get dirty, and have a good coat of wax before hand. Probably also depends on where you live too.

One more thing before moving it over to the detail forum.

Question #1. How many of you wash your car by hand? And second, how often do you wash it? Week, Month or Year. Try to the first two.

Question #2 How many of you take your beatiful Lexus to the Car Wash "Brown Bear" or different name...but still it's done buy a commercial company.

Question #3 How many of you vaccum your cars after or before washing the car?

Thank you all for reading.

From '91 LS400

Question #1. How many of you wash your car by hand? And second, how often do you wash it? Week, Month or Year. Try to the first two.

Question #2 How many of you take your beatiful Lexus to the Car Wash "Brown Bear" or different name...but still it's done buy a commercial company.

From '91 LS400

i try to wash my car every 2 weeks to a month

i wash my car mostly by hand now but when i dont have the time and the birds attack really bad i go to a carwash

sometimes i flip-flop on the vacuum

From '91 LS400

i try to wash my car every 2 weeks to a month

i wash my car mostly by hand now but when i dont have the time and the birds attack really bad i go to a carwash

sometimes i flip-flop on the vacuum

I wash by hand except for winter then pressure wash, I vaccum the interior, trunk clean and condition the leather, and swiffer everything else then armorall, wash the tires and wheels then I wash the car and finish with the glass. Then I detail the engine bay. :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...
I am moving this thread to the detailing forum.

But seriously was there a need to tell everyone that you washed your car?

Writing a thread on washing a car in an automated car wash and then moving it to the detailing section, now I've seen / read everything.