$2.00 Wonder

So its not an absolut waste of space, this is what might happen when using these places to wash vehicles-

‘Touch less’ carwash:

Never use a car wash, period touch less or not, there are a variety of reasons: You should never, under any circumstances use a car wash that requires you to let another person drive your vehicle onto the ramps or into the wash, notice the disclaimer of ‘No responsibility for damage to customer’s vehicle.

Local by-laws require car washes to re-claim or recycle water. This means they have two choices.

a) They can collect the water in tanks and pay to truck it away to a recycling centre.

B) They can filter and then recycle the water (dependant on how often the filters are cleaned/changed) will effect how much dirt content there is.

Recycled meaning re-use the same water, which may include any road dirt/grit that is not filtered out is used to high-pressure (1,000PSI) wash your vehicle (somewhat similar to sandblasting) the final rinse is usually twice-filtered re-cycled water, this is to give the appearance of a clean surface on the vehicle.

•To remove snow/sand/road dirt and grit without agitation (brushes etc) requires the use of very strong chemical cleaners.

•Probably the most important is that this type of automatic car wash use high-pressure water and strong alkaline detergent to clean vehicles that will strip the wax/polish

•You will also need to renew the vehicles sealant / wax to ensure the paint surface protection on a regular basis to counteract the effects of the harsh detergents.

•Also be aware of those that use ‘wheel guides’ as they will cause scratches / etching to the wheel surfaces, as many wash facilities will not accommodate either the tire width or the clearance, thus causing sidewall damage

•Vehicle with lower than ‘standard’ suspension (Corvette C6 and other sports cars) should also be aware the wheel guides could cause body damage

•As an alternative in colder winter months I would suggest using a waterless vehicle cleaning product Protect All’s Quick Easy Wash (QEW)

•If you get a chance, attend a car wash / wax vendors symposiums where they give demonstrations of the different soap products that these type of facilities use. You'll come away a convert to never using them again, on any vehicle.

JonM

• 1 month later...
u know the whole touchless wash thing really is just a patch up job... what i would do is get the cheap touchless just rinse and soap... and then go home and clean everyhting by hand... thats the only way to do it

Touchless works fine if you don't let your car go too long after it starts to get dirty, and have a good coat of wax before hand. Probably also depends on where you live too.

I think this is a great thread .... bartkat is right with a good wax job the spray baths do a good job. Especialy in the mid west when winters hit but I prefer the touchless baths with that big a@@ blower that I go through real sloooow ,wish I had one of those over my garage door. The all touchless are few and far between though but they are out there. Anything else is crap IMOP.

Edited by ZINFANDEL22

• 3 weeks later...

That is funny.

I hate birds and cats. The birds love to aim for the LEXUS. Tonight I think I am going to set up a trap to catch the cat who is walkin on my hood. Any ideas?

I'm thinking someing with tunafish and a tail catcher. This way it could lift the little *BLEEP* in the air by his tail.

ahh get a .22 single shot rifle or pistol go to wal mart and buy 19gr CB caps or super calibri's they make zero noise i shoot them in my front yard on main street

sapper daddy - This is your FIRST post on the forum in regards to the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and all you have to add is that you enjoy shooting defenseless animals which is clearly animal cruelty in it's rawest form? You wouldn't happen to have your home address and telephone number available by chance?

That is funny.

I hate birds and cats. The birds love to aim for the LEXUS. Tonight I think I am going to set up a trap to catch the cat who is walkin on my hood. Any ideas?

I'm thinking someing with tunafish and a tail catcher. This way it could lift the little *BLEEP* in the air by his tail.

ahh get a .22 single shot rifle or pistol go to wal mart and buy 19gr CB caps or super calibri's they make zero noise i shoot them in my front yard on main street

That is funny.

Where's your front yard? I wanna come and do some hunting.