No Help Needed, Just A Non Lexus Related Question

Well... im 21.. i like Long walks on the beach, fast food... Oh wait :) I go to school full time and work as a Bank Teller, and i rent out boats on the weekends (just little electric things to putt around in the local harbor). I got my 97' es300 as it was a recomendation to my father from our mechanic, and i make a monthly payment for it (Boy working for a car is hard). I've had it almost 6 months now and i LOVE IT!!! I still turn around to look at it when i walk into the house :lol:

~Brian~

Well, I am a 27y.o Australian Business Consultancy Manager :geek: , that lived and worked between Australia and the U.S.. Now that my wife(Japanese) and I live in Japan.. I decided that killing myself was not the best option, so am now a lowly English co-ordinator in the elementry system here... I have gone from money and influence. To beat up old man of my wife that play's with kids all day.. But I have my Lexus, and put on the odd suit every now and then..So old habbits just never change I guess? Just my lowly financial status! :blushing:

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

welpz~ i'm 21, graduated from USC last december, and now I work for one of the big 4 accounting firms in the audit department. actually, it says "assurance services" on my business card, i guess we're assuring everybody that the financial statements are free of material misstatements haha, sorry, accounting joke :D but i don't have like crazy expenses to pay for, so i can afford my 2003 i guess... plus, i had some money saved up, so i put a decent down payment on it... otherwise, i would've gotten a base ES instead of the fully loaded one. so anyways, as i'm pretty sure that the only reason people know of the "big 4 accounting firms" is because of the whole andersen/enron incident, who, btw, i did not work for, i guess it suffices to say that i'm an accountant, soon to be a cpa... :geek:

:D 28 this year

and happy b day ausjap

work for Bell Canada as an Install repair technition

basically i am the one who comes to your house when you line has a buzz hum sttc or is dead

or you want a new line or a jack put in

i also have a luxury performance buisness

( please don't ask ,i won't sell anyone here anything) i am not here for buisness

just advice, giving and taking

that is what you can become when you go to college to be an automotive technition and don't like grease but love cars

then university for buisness

got to love a good education

:snoooorrrtttt:

:lol:

by the way i am putting new pics in the gallery of the car show i went to today that i was in

lots of pics with people just walking by and leaning up on the car :whistles:

:D

25 yrs old

Lexus Tech

I have my own shop at home. I'm addicted to speed. Here are my weapons of choise: R6 yamaha, 89 honda crx drag car and Lancer Evolution VIII. Hoping expand my shop next year, moving out to a bigger shop. :cheers: :magic:

JPI

'sup? name's Eric. the car's a 93 ES300, and the job is boot-store-warehouse-winch (my official title). oh, by the way, age 17. yeah, my friends all tell me i'm spoiled b/c i had a Lexus as my first car (a 92 ES300 hand-me-down, 147,000 miles, but still goin strong), but they're also amazed when they learn the facts about how affordable these cars are, if you're willing to drive a little older, more used car. it's really interesting how i can manage to afford such a nice car at my young age. i don't make car payments though. ;) see, the 92 was payed for by way of overpayment from the insurance company after a very minor rear-end collision, my car being the one that was hit. we got the check, fixed the car ourselves for a couple hundred bucks, thanks to a donor in a junkyard and a little creativity and car-repair expertise, and payed off the loan with the remaining cash. :D then, in April when a woman pulled out in front of me causing me to T-bone her at 40 mph (totalling my beloved) :( , the insurance once again gave us the ability to come out on top. that is, we found the 93 for less than we got for the 92, which was great b/c its really a nicer car, and paid it off immediately! yeah, i guess i am spoiled, but alot of its plain old good luck! B)

well im 26 years old.yea im getting old!!lol!i have my own buisness in retail sales of scooters.yes you know the ones you see buzzing around the streets.i just opened a second store in my area and doing pretty good with it so most likely in the next few months i will be buying another lexus and giving this one to my wife.probably like a 98 because im not to into the 2003s since i think there to big looking.anyway on my off time im on here chatting away about my lexus and helping others with theres.also if anybody here would ever want a scooter 50cc,100cc,125cc or 150cc just let me know and i will give it to you at cost since you own a lexus.lol.i dont mind hooking up a fellow lexus owner.also what year do you think would be best to upgrade to?im thinking 98 or 99 because they have a little more horse power then mine but im up for suggestions.

Hello! My name's Blake(go figure;haha), I'm 16 years old live in New Orleans, LA. Right now I am working at an engineering firm for the summer, and I cut grass over the weekend. I am the very proud co-owner (w/ my parents) of a beige '94 ES. Just to second what Eric said my car was very affordable too; I got it for $6300 (a deal of a lifetime!!) with 105,000 miles in overall excellent condition with just the usual problems like worn leather, burnt needles, and that irritating power antenna. The thing that convinced me to get a Toyota is my friend has a 95 Camry V6 and after riding in it I couldn't believe how smooth the transmission and engine are, so after that, I forgot about the Taurus I was looking to buy(I'm 6'3 and 260lbs, so I needed a large car). The transmission is simply outstanding(when you floor it the car doesn't snap your neck 5 seconds after you pin it like 95% of US cars). I couldn't be any happier(wait a sec....an '03 would be great but I can gladly live with my beautiful 94). The only things I plan on doing to it are getting a K&N air filter and getting the steering wheel and front seats recovered; I would get a new stereo but I think an aftermarket face ruins the look of the beautiful dash. I'm going to be like the majority of the Lexus owners and leave it stock; I guess now I'm the outcast :blushing: lol! I want to thank you all for the quick and accurate responses to my questions. This is by far the best owners' club. After college and I save for a long time, I hope to have my own new car dealership (guess what brand.....lol). Here's a pic of my ES!

post-7-1057620052.jpg

ok, I'll reply.

39 year old medical technologist in Boston. Specialties include Hematology (Leukemias, Lymphomas, etc) and Coagulation (blood clotting and bleeding disorders).

I was also a bartender for 10 year in one of the top dance bars in Boston. I am an avid Red Sox fan, too.

I had a 1986 Mazda 626GT Coupe right out of collage. Sold that when I moved into Boston, bought a used 93 Bonneville SSEi (supercharged) when I moved to suburbia, traded that in in Sept. for the 02 ES. Both very sweet cars, but I have never looked back. I've opted for comfort and quality for speed. A sure sign of age. However, I am toying with the idea of a motorcycle. Midlife.......maybe. So what. Just do it.

steviej

i hear you.i dont know how it is in your state but in mine it was just a written test and now i have a motorcycle drivers license.pretty easy test also.it might be the same in yours but i know every state is different.

alright,

19 years old

Doing Pre Med at Michigan State University

also

working at as a Computer Tech for the consumer industries and services department of the State of Michigan.

car is kept on monthly payment status....

loans own... very headache free...

life is good B)

- neil

Hey fellas,

the name's Hemang (don't get your tongues in a twist, its said like it's written)...

In case you're wondering, I'm from India ....

Am an accountant and work in Atlanta for a software co. .... 27 years old ...

Have a 98 ES which I bought for 15K with 60K miles on it. only thing it doesn't have is a CD player ... Paid cash upfront, can't stand the headaches of making monthly payments ..... :chairshot:

Searched for this forum when the check engine light in my car came on .... Best thing ever .... I think I've read all the posts .... in just 2 weeks .... (i guess I lead a boring life) ....

Hey just remembered, wifey has a green 99 ES .... Mine is the soft ride smooth car, her's is the aggressive car .... don't like hers ... love mine ..

thanks for all the wonderful insights into this wonderful piece of engineering. ... :rolleyes:

hemang

I work for bigpond. (An ISP here in Australia). I do tech support for them..

I know, I know. Everyone hates us... ;)

I bought my 93 es300, black, with black leather and every other imagineable option with 200,000 k's for $14,500 AUD.

Thanks Chris. Mine is "Cashmere Beige Metallic" (I think :lol: )-beige...my camera takes less than mediocre pictures. I need to get a new digital camera because the one that I have is quite old. The pictures it takes are huge(byte-wise). I have to take the picture on the lowest possible resolution and then put it in "paint" to crop a little more off so that the site will let me upload it. Back to our ES's...I've never seen a 92-96(...or gen 2 either) in silver-do they have they have silver in the US other than the 02/03? I think it(your silver car) is awesome too(no big modifications ;) ). Nice job with the badges!