1. 1. How much do you pay for gas??

• $1.95-$2.05
    • $2.10-$2.20
    • $2.25-$2.35
    • $2.40-$2.50
    • $2.55-$2.65
    • $2.70-$2.80
    • TOOO high that you might have a heart attack if you find out

i just came back from my east coast trip, flew to NYC, and drove around the East coast and drove back home cross country to California. I REALLY noticed the price differences in gas. so far, the lowest i saw was $1.92 in Missouri. when i got back to fresno, damn, was $2.35 . (these are based on UNLEADED only!!!)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought regular gas for my Corolla three days ago on Rt 36 going to Sandy Hook NJ for $1.93. In Caldwell today I paid $2.37 for gas for the LS400, and #2.11 for regular for the Corolla.

I has dinner with my brother-in-law tonight who runs a NYC yellow cab. He said he paid $2.73 for premium in Manhatten today.

Don't worry, it will never get over $3.00 a gallon (this year).

this is what i find strange in Manhattan. ok. i just came back from a big vacation in the east coast. NY, DC, etc....

now while i was in NYC, my relative toured me around. I don't know if i was just whacked (because i barely got 2 hours of sleep on that red eye flight) but i noticed that there weren't that many gas stations in Manhattan. so i really never found out how much was gas in NYC. now my relative said (because after NY, I took a rental van) if i ever need a fill-up, do it in Jersey. I really didn't know how much difference the prices were in Jersey than NYC, but it's definitely cheaper than Fresno, Ca.

I drove around the East Coast, from NY, down to DC, then up to Niagara Falls, then Toronto, then down to Newport, RI, then Boston, MA then Joplin, Missouri then home. so far (as i mentioned) the cheapest was $1.92 somewhere in Missouri, i think. On this trip, i really had the chance to see how the prices are in different states. really fun.

another thing that i find a bout the van was that it was eating up a lot of gas at first (it was a 2005 Chevy Uplander with only 5,300 miles when i got it from JFK) so i thought i was gonna spend a lot of $$ for the gas, but after driving around a lot, i kinda "broke in" the engine a little more. the van was only used by, i'd say, 3-4 people (cuz it had 5,300 miles on it, and it was a one way drop off at JFK from Texas.) .

in the end, i ended up putting more mileage on it than what the previous 3-4 owners placed on it COMBINED. that was a 5,404 mile trip/vacation. not to mention that i barely drove around in the big cities.

gas prices, in a small town of Fresno, CA is the same as the big cities. I was really shocked when i got back that it hasn't gone down that much.:chairshot:

oh, and if anyone ever drives on I-40 west bound into california, when you first enter California, DON'T BUY GAS AT THE FIRST FEW EXITS because we did stop at the 3rd exit, i think, for a bathroom break, after entering California and gas prices, were over $3.00 a gallon for UNLEADED. :wacko:

$2.88 for 89 octane $3.02 for Lexus 92 octane.

Here in Maui, Hawaii we have one of the highest fuel prices in the nation.

well not quite. i don't know about other states, but small towns here in california where people just drop by to buy gas and eat, prices are around $3.00 a gallon AT LEAST for Unleaded only. i think at that one stop we made, it was $3.15 for unleaded, $3.25 for Unleaded plus, and $3.35 for premium.

well not quite. i don't know about other states, but small towns here in california where people just drop by to buy gas and eat, prices are around $3.00 a gallon AT LEAST for Unleaded only. i think at that one stop we made, it was $3.15 for unleaded, $3.25 for Unleaded plus, and $3.35 for premium.

I just filled up at a Shell station and paid $2.29 for 92 octane :cries:

I just filled up at a Shell station and paid $2.29 for 92 octane :cries:

that's not bad. that's the price for the cheapest 87 octane in my town. :o ;)

• 2 weeks later...

uh oh. $61 a barrel of gas. take cover!!! :o gas prices are gonna rise next week so better fill up those tanks as much as you can before the prices soar higher than before! :cries:

in Vancover gas is $.99L and back home in Alberta it is about $.86L it is pritty high but at least i live in the land of the pip line and we have some of the chepest gas in the cuntry but still in canada it coast's me about $65-$70 to fill from 3/4 tank and they refine the oil from fort mac in my home town. but the nice thing is if you know were to go you can find high octan for $.89L

Today was a shock.

$2.39 for 87, 2.49 for 89 and 2.59 for 93 octane.

I was very upset to read today that the major oil producers are still making a 30%-40% profit per barrel and our pumps are at 97% capacity. Makes you think.

steviej

Hey burnickas,

So it thrill you that diesel is higher than gasoline? I don't

know your situation at your house, but at my house I can feel the effects

of the diesel prices when we go the grocery, Home Depot, electric bill, etc.

Maybe when you start a family you will change your attitude. ;)

Here in Middle Tennessee, regular unleaded is around $2.17 per gallon.

It's nice that i get a car at the height of gas prices, it's sort of tourtue that i have a car but can barely enjoy driving it because of the harsh wake up call at the pump.

i'll be able to tell my kids that i surely suffered as a child. :D :chairshot:

saw gas prices today.

$2.51 for 87, $2.61 for 89 and $2.71 for 93.

Ouch.  I want my motorcycle back.  :cries:

steviej

that's just about the price here in Fresno now. :cries:

$2.45 at a pump in McLean yesterday, (at BP).

Next day- $2.51. Insane jump. Maybe it had to do with the fact a guy drove away from the pump with the nozzle still in the tank. Made it about 100 yards to realize the honking and yelling.

that is nothing when i entered Cali i had 9 miles left on the tank and i had 2 go offroading since the exit was closed...thankfully i had my GX....n e ways i had to go offraoding since the exit was closed....guess what i payed...3.79 for premium..it was about an hour after crossing the border....so i dont think ay body can beat that price...and to top it off....i was going 115 mph which had horrible mpg...around 11...lol....put 5600 miles on that trip...

yay, i'm starting to see $2.39 now instead of $2.50 :D sad i get happy when the price is less than $2.50 . i remember the good old days when we actually got 79 cents a gallon, but it was only a certain time. i remember when that happened, i was pumpin gas everyday, to keep the tank full with cheap gas ;)