Age?

nc211

NC211, good post idea.  I'm 46, male, and in IT.  Did the UT computer degree via the business school instead of the computer department.  A bright new idea in the early 80s.  Funny how many of us are Bus Goobs and/or IT Geeks. 

I agree, PK Lex - some of these pups sound mature for their age!

Kennyr - now that's a career change.  From Volvo mechanic to Charter Financial Resources!

Well, gotta get back to work.  TPS Report is due. 

James

LexusLooker, lifes all smoke and mirrors. My friend new I could do the job so he hired me and just told me to figure it out. It turned out to be a piece of cake. I spent a furtune on clothes though. Already owned the right car. My friend folded his co. and I was picked up by Charter Financial. It blows everybody's mind when I tell them I was a wrench 5 years ago.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 and 10 months!!

Served my country in the Air Force/Guard 10 years.. Currently work for the Department of Defense as a civilian. Completing series 7 and 65 within next few months, which will enable to help many and make a fortune!

Seafood broker for "Straight from the boat" FITZsea.. www.fitzseafood.com

Involved with politics, business, finance and investment in Connecticut! www.christophercoutu.com

Bought first LEXUS last week and I love it! Second love of my life behind my wife.. Completed 225 college credits including MBA. Over educated..

I'm just curious how old the members here are. What are the ranges and so forth?

I'm 31 / male. Commercial real estate lender "do some small business start up loans on the side".

39 just shy of 40, middle technical management if I could be any more vague and presently torn once again between Lexus and Mercedes, being brutally honest. Got real bored the other day and put new front struts on my LS.

Kinda got my eye on a 98 S500, I know for some reason I may regret it though,....

male

real estate agent specializing in high rise condos

LS430 w/ 18" chrome sport wheels

Was Euro lux sedan snob for some years but tired of the compromises. Love the LS, best car I've ever owned. Got my eye on a sports car for a second driver maybe a Boxster...

I am one of the young ones to. 17/male. I dont have a job right now. My dad wanted me to do some house work over this summer and I am doing some stuff at my grandmas house. I am still in High School but this is my last year. I plan to be a political science major. Minor I am not too sure. Something similar I would supppose. I don't like what Politics can become but I think there are still great guys out there like Sean Hannity. When I turn 18 I will probably work at the Home Depot. I love that place. That will also help satisfy myother interest which is craftsmanship. I love those show on PBS like ask this old house and hometime. Well thats about it. In my freetime I work on/clean the cars. My summer car project is to change the radiator fluid in the LS and take out the radiator to clean it. Nothing too drastic since my summer is short thanks to footbal. Thats OK. I am pretty sure this is my last year so thats great for me! : ) Well thanks for letting me share with you all. I am always greatful for the forums like this and all the experts on them

Thanks guys!

30. I work for an interconnect company (telecommunications) designing small to large voice networks and selling related hardware equipment. Emphasis more on the sales side.

I am a rather serious woodworker in my spare time making high-end contemporary furniture. Ultimately I would like to do that full time as the month to month sales cycle tends to get old after a while. It's also nice to have some tangible/physical results after working hard instead of just looking at a bunch of numbers on a piece of paper.

This is great seeing other sides of everybody.

atoyoT, great name. I'm a recovering Benz geek myself. Had benzes for 15 years and got my first Lexus a month or so ago. I know how you feel - there's always that MB that catches your eye. I got a sales-type post card from Park Place the other day, and I'm keeping it to look at when I get the desire to fall off the wagon and get a Benz. It's a card for "falling in love again", but it shows the service drive of the dealership. Hello? And the service drive is FULL of cars. :lol: I'm sure they were just trying to take a picture of the sign that happens to be over the service drive, but it sends a bad message. In addition, there is a car just like my ex-benz (maybe it is my benz) parked there too. So I look at the pic and it brings me back to reality.

You're in Austin? I have a couple of Benz buds there in the local club. They are true NUTS. One of them has an S - 140. They are great cars.

Jason in Dallas, with sales the way they are in Dallas, you could have a garage full of cars! Congrats!

Thanks for all the insights guys - lots of energy here.

"NC211, good post idea. I'm 46, male, and in IT. Did the UT computer degree via the business school instead of the computer department. A bright new idea in the early 80s. Funny how many of us are Bus Goobs and/or IT Geeks."

Hahaha!! When I went back to get my finance degree "98-00", I worked for the computer department of the business school as an assistant. I had all of my professor's tapped into Napster. When the market was down you could hear Ray Charles "Busted" playing from the offices of the department. When markets were up, it was James Brown "Get on a good foot". I learned just as much valuable information doing that job than as my finance degree. I'm known as "the geek" in my office, and have actually gotten free rounds of golf, dinners, cash and "on the side" vacation time for spending my weekends at some of the VP's homes fixing their home computers. Amazing what some side knowledge can do!

Nice to get a better idea of who we all are in here. Kewl, I sent you a PM to your question. Just let me know if you want my help on the side. I'm a flounder fisherman myself down here in NC. Been know to spend all night flounder gigging in the ICW. My flat bottom creek boat is named "Flounder Pounder". I LOVE some breaded, crab stuffed, fresh Carolina flounder! And I might have a shrimper or two bribed pretty good for some fresh catch in the summer, but I'll never confess.

:cheers:

Male, 45 years old

In 1978 i attended Providence College. In 1982 (i was 22yrs old) i met my wife; a beautiful freshman (LOL) who was studying law, and we quickly got married and had our first son, Brian.

In 1986 my wife and i had our first daughter, kate. I also graduated from PC in 1986 and later went to Boston College. I became an oral Surgeon in Rhode Island in the same office along with my brother in-law. On May 3rd of 1990 our second daughter, Ali was born. On May 5th i purchased my first Lexus Ls400!!

In 2001 i found out that i no longer liked being a doctor so i moved on to becoming a pharmacist in MA. This is what i am currently doing (and loving every minute of it ;) !)   just a little about me  ;)

Every Car "I" have owned in my life:

YEARS              CAR

1976-1978       1970 VW Beetle (bright red)

1978-1986       1975 Pontiac Firebird (light blue)

1986-1990       1986 volvo 740 (dark gray)

1990-1997       1990 Lexus LS400 (black/ivory)   

1992-1997       1992 Lexus SC300 (black/ivory)

1993-1999       1993 Lexus ES300 (gold/ivory)

1997-2000       1997 Lexus LS400 (silver/black)

1999-2003       1999 Lexus RX300 (black/ivory)

2003-2005       2003 Lexus RX300 (coach ed gold/ivory, navi)

2004-now        2003 Mercedes S600 AMG V-12 (maroon/ivory navi etc)

2004-now        2004 Lexus RX330 (blue/ivory, navi)

2004-now        2004 BMW 745Li (blue/black, navi etc)

2005-now        2005 Lexus LS430 (dark blue/ivory, navi etc)

Every Car "My Wife" had ever owned:

YEARS              CAR

1980-1988        1978 Jaguar XJS (dark green)   it was NICE!!!

1988-1995        1988 Volvo 240 (dark blue/ivory)

1995-2003        1995 BMW 316i (grayish-blue/ivory)

2003-2005        2003 Lexus Gs430 (dark blue/ivory)

2005-now         2005 Lexus ES330 (dark blue/ivory)

When my son Brian turned 16 in 2001 i bought him a used 1998 Volvo S70. In 2003 when he turned 20, i bought him an 03 LS430. He still has it today.

In 2004 when my first daughter, Kate turned 18 we gave her the S70. In 04 i got her a 2004 ES330, silver on black.

So there is pretty much my whole life story LOL  :huh: Overall, Lexus is the best car i have ever owned. I wont go to anything else now.

Sounds like you have a beautiful family. :)

I have a question, you have every car in your sig right now ?

If so, those are some excellent vehicles, describe how you would best categorize your cars as far as

1. Power

2. Comfort

4. Speed

5. Smoothness

Thanks. :)

My wife's Es330 is under her name, and our kids are too. The rest are under mine. They are all payed-in full.

Power: The LS430 seems to have the most "POWER" but can't accelerate very quickly. It just seems solid. The 745Li believe it or not doesn't have as much as the LS has. The 745Li is the second best i have ever owned. The LS430 is the best i have ever owned.

Comfort: The LS430 wins by a mile, being the largest. The 745Li seems a tad but smaller to me. The Rx330 is probably the least comfortable, yet that is our "family" car lol

Speed: They all deliver the speed i need. The Es330 probably has the nicest ride at high speeds. The LS does too.

Smoothness: The Ls430 all the way until you go over 80-90MPH

The MB doesn't win in any catagory.

Also, the Ls430's interior wins by a mile too. The BMW interor is very poor to me. I hate the controls in the BMW too! It takes a while to get used to it. The MB's interior is to firm.

You think your LS430 has more power than an S600?!? I doubt it. Both the 745 and the S600 are definately more powerful cars. The LS does pull strongly though.

You might also be interested to know the LS is significantly smaller than the 745Li also, mostly in rear legroom.

Comfort: The LS430 wins by a mile, being the largest. The 745Li seems a tad but smaller to me. The Rx330 is probably the least comfortable, yet that is our "family" car lol

Speed: They all deliver the speed i need. The Es330 probably has the nicest ride at high speeds. The LS does too.

Smoothness: The Ls430 all the way until you go over 80-90MPH

I can't agree that the LS430 is the largest. As much as I love the LS430, the MB S class shames the LS430 in driver space. I'm 6'4, and the big MB provides me with too much legroom and ample headroom while the LS430 provides just decent space for someone my height.

The LS has excellent high speed stability too...it's no Porsche 911 Turbo, but I feel extremely comfortable the one time I've taken my LS up to 120mph.

21/ Male- Graduate in May 2006 with a degree in Business Finance. From there it's on to investment banking. Currently I'm taking advantage of the college life and living off my parents.... I work as a banquet server at a resort called the Opryland Hotel to make a few extra bucks every now and then.

34/Male. I'm still at my first job since high school working for an "upscale" supermarket in Southern California. :) However, with our Unions going in the wrong direction, I will be looking for something different next year.

I'm probably the oldest guy on this board......73 !!!

I've owned about 48 automobiles and motorcycles starting with a "1929 Ford Model A Roadster".

In my younger working years I worked as an auto and truck mechanic for Studebaker, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, plus did heavy engine rebuilding for private contractors.

I was a charter member of the Long Island Timing Association that set up, drag racing strips(legal- with the blessing of the local Police Departments), customizing, auto shows & meets, etc.

Retired now. I was a color photographer and scanner operator. I did beta testing for Eastman Kodak, Dupont, Fuji and other various manufacturers for their photofilm products. Worked also as a consultant for graphic arts companies using new techniques in photo reproduction.

I'm now still involved with, helping my son restore his "1967 Cadillac Deville Convertible", keeping up with the newest electronic technologies(HDTV - Home Theater - Computers - whatever).

Finally, enjoying my ES300, travelling around the US and Canada, plus flying all over the world.

It's nice to be retired. :D

53/male/Air traffic controller,pilot, member AOPA, EAA; former machinist-aerospace shop, former yacht tech/sailor, former Army, 1/9 Aircav, Blackhats.

Bought the '90 LS for son's HS graduation; took it back after his 6th speeding ticket voided his license; started driving/repairing the car last year, and I don't want to give it back now! Truly a sweet ride!

48/male/State government

With 7 years before retiring i wanted to get a car that was reliable and comfortable. At my age i'm not in a real hurry to get anywhere so i wanted to get something more comfortable. I looked at Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Lincoln and Avalon. All had good qualities and "irritations." Got the 05 ES330, in my opinion the styling and interior was the best of the lot.

I'm 43/Male/IT Network Manager / Consultant

I have had the following Lexus (Lexi)

1990 LS400 (one of the first in the country)

1991 LS400

1993 SC400

1996 LS400

1999 LS400

2001 LS400

2004 LS430 - Currently own

2005 RX330 - Currently own

I have had just about everything from a Chevy to BMW and a Benz. I will take a Lexus over anything else. My 2000 S Class Benz spent at least 1 week every month in the shop for the 9 months that I owned it.