Everyone Describe Your Cars!

Nabeel, nice to see you. Thanks for thinking of me in the other thread.

steviej,

aka:

Steve Johnson, an avid Red Sox fan just outside of Boston, MA on the South Shore near the watah (sorry, water).

My ride:

2002 Millenium Silver ES300 with HID and premium sound w/6CD in-dash changer (ML was too much $$ but i can dream).

Mods so far: replaced stock fog bulbs (H3) and high beams (HB3~9005) with PIAA Xtreme Whites........wow! B) and have put on a cool looking rear spoiler.

Future mods: silver/green window tinting and some chrome rims and summer tread. I saw some RAYS on CL that I really liked.

On the fence mod: a K&N air filter (since they just came out with one that fits the 02-03 ES).

Oh yeah, in following zeta's lead, I would like to list my air freshener.

Yankee Candle....Clean Cotton. :P

be talkin to ya

steviej

what happened to your ES, nabeel? you had an ES300.

he`e you know my car... it's the ugly white one that has messed up yellow headlights, and scratches all over the place.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

My ES now belongs to my mum. I still drive it once in a while though. She only puts like 3-4K miles/year on it, so the car should be in the family for quite some time. In fact, I drove it all of last week because the weather was bad, so I did not want to drive my RWD daily driver, and my Audi was at the shop getting some maintenance done.

My old, ES, for all those interested, was a '93 Diamond White Pearl/Ivory leather with all the options available that year, except the car phone, plus it has chrome factory wheels and gold trim. It's been in our family for almost 10 years (my mom actually had it before she gave it to me, lol) and as of right now has 75K miles. It has cracked leather, has been in a couple accidents (not really major), and as of last week, oil was leaking onto the garage floor. The gaskets have already been replaced twice, I hope they are not the culprit again. I haven't had a chance to put the car on a ramp and look. Other than that, it drives fantastic.

Steve Withrow

I own my own small business marketing company, I live outside Washington D.C.

I drive a 2003 ES300 Black Garnet on Black, Nav/Lev.

No mods yet! Its leased, so I dont know what I'll do...

92 Es300 5 speed here. Mods include (too many to list), full suspension upgrade, cool headlight mod, 75 shot of nitrous and thats about all i feel like listing right now lol.

lightmod2.jpg

Random movies of my car from about 2 years go...(random races and burnouts)

http://home.cinci.rr.com/smcelligott/1.mov

http://home.cinci.rr.com/smcelligott/2.qt

http://home.cinci.rr.com/smcelligott/3.mov

http://home.cinci.rr.com/smcelligott/4.mov

tjis is the same one i wrote for s few sites just copy and pasted it for anyone else

1994 es 300 dark green metallic with purple pearl and the infamous grey lower valances. now painted one colour all green Located in Toronto Canada

Exterior

catz fog light

some crappy mesh for the lower grill( covered back the upper one with the orginal hood grill

real H I D's for the lowbeam (9006)

Silver stars by sylvania's for the high beam(9005)

all emblems removed and shaved( i know what i am driving i don't care about impressing someone for the "L")

full cold air intake feeds from right behind the bumper,(probably the fist ever as i did this in 97,use 5.0mustang k&n filter small ones won't breathe right)

front upper strut bar

eibach pro kit 1 inch drop stock shocks

18's chrome with toyo T1's(had kuhmo ecsta supra 712's) 225/40 18z'

brembro slotted rotors F+R

bosch plat 4 plugs

full cat back with 2.5 pipe + wide rectangle muffler and tip

painted the calipers with folia tec paint silver laquer

cleared the amber in the taillights

dynoed the car in january 03

158hp@4800rpm

184torque@4100rpm

at the wheels

stock specs are

188 hp 25200rpm

203torque@4400rpm

i think pretty good for a slipping tranny

Interior

nokia mobile fixed incar kit

bronze tint

pedals

oh yah put a 3 foot neon in the trunk

cause it is way too dark in there to see anything

Stereo

alpine cva 1005 6.5"lcd tv head

to mc intosh 6 channel amp

to 1 inch mb qurt comp highs in the door sails

and 5 1/4 mc intosh co-ax in the door

6x9 mc intosh's on the parcel shelf

and 2X 12" inch mcintosh subs in sealed wedge box

extras are

optima yellow top battery to be installed still

brax capacitor

brax power gauge inside between rear seats

phoneix gold bass cube

sony cross over for tweaking

PS 2 doubles as my dvd player

everything else is just gravy

Other

snow tires on my org es rims only used them about 2 months 2 years ago( don't drive if it rains or snows i have a 89 si civic for bad weather days)

Security

as they say for rolls royces HP adequate

clifford with remote start added to the original lexus security

Future

am going to remake my front grill cowl and eyebrows

put on a body kit and rear spoiler

get jic coilover suspension to really lower the car

that is it as i don't think anything else is left but rice mods

hopefully all before july

next car gs430 or clk55

• 2 weeks later...

XenonES3 is officially in da house!!!!!!!

1995 ES300...you CL guys now it :D

I'm really impressed with this site! And I'm wondering how Zeta picked up 200 posts already?

lol...anyway, It's great to see all of you out here, and cool to be reunited with SW03ES.

SW03ES- seems like 'some' of these GS people on CL get touchy when we talk about another car being better than a GS. I remember how HARD these guys came down on you when you made your decision to choose the ES over the GS3. They couldn't reason anything out, they just said..."the GS is better". I respect your decision, and if I were in your shoes I would have made the same choice as well.

Welcome Xenon! I was wondering when you'd stop over.

As for CL, I really bear no bad feelings, the people I delt with were just jerks, people are what they are. CL's a great site. Fortunately for us, and the rest of the Lexus community, we're going to build an even better site right here.

yay for LOC.

lol, sorry Xenon, but you responded to my thread too late. i'm still wondering where Rena went. she said she'd drop by here, but i haven't seen her.

but she's got a WRX now, so she's more or less just moderating CL.

i've only got 202 posts at the moment, Xenon, you can catch up. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1992 champagne/grey with tan/brown interior, only thing changed so far is my HU. I hope to add HID lamps and clear the tail amber, tint the windows and maybe, just maybe add some rimmies. I'm just a college student working in casual italian restaurant so I dont have alot of extra money lying around (I pay for everything for my car myself, dropped 6k on the car when I bought it, which I'd been saving from the past 3 years working in the restaurant).

• 1 month later...
i got a pearl white 97...link to cardomain is here:

www.cardomain.com/id/hoebag

Hoebag,

saw your car...very nice...where did you get the strut bar, can you post a close up pic of it? I have a 98 in same color scheme. Would like to imprve the suspension a bit, I figure the strut bar is a start.