Everyone Describe Your Cars!

well i'm Eric, and mine's a 93 ES. my signature pretty much covers my car, but i guess i'll elaborate. i've put most of my efforts into the stereo, but that doesn't really say much b/c i'm on a pretty tight budget when it comes to basically worthless stuff like that, haha. anyhow, i went with the stock system mostly, and upgraded a little. upgrades being Alpine 6-disc changer in dash, Jensen 300 watt 4-channel amp, 2 Jensen XS series competition 10's in a Jensen bandpass box, and that's it, bein that the only thing i thought the stock system lacked was bass. anyhow, i've also added chrome trim to all the interior air vents and the window switches. also, i've added a chrome stripe to the outside (LS 400 style haha) and a set of sweet Yokohama summer tires. K&N Filtercharger and thats it. hopefully i'll have soem pics up soon.

Hey Lex..

I too am a big fan of chrome.. I am going to do the chrome strip along the side also.. I am very interested in seeing some pics when you get them done! If you want to see mine. It is the Silver Right hand drive Lex in the ES Gallery..

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

yeah, i kept seein all these pics of Windoms and European ES's with the stripe, so i got creative and did it myself. Originally, i had done up the interior with "chrome" trim. The reason i say "chrome" is that its not actually chrome; i found this roll of tape lying in my garage that is actually made of aluminum. I think it's used for a/c ductwork. Anyhow, if you take your time with applying it (making sure not to get any bubbles or wrinkles), then you can get a nice chrome look from it. Extremely up close, it looks like polished aluminum, but from just a few feet, it looks exactly like chrome. Anyhow, don't know if you're interested in doing it the way i did, but thought i'd just let you know. You can get the tape at about any hardware store i think. And about the pics- probably get them up tomorrow, but i'm no computer genius and my resources are, lets just say "limited", so we'll see.

Yeah, just used some of that tape today.. I live in Japan, and so dont have an oven, and cant clear the amber from my lights. So I put some of that chrome tape over it and used a stanly knife to cut it in nicely.. looks great for now.. But will find a way to do those lights eventually... As for the chrome interior.. probably a bit much for me, but would love to see what it looks like.. I am a big fan of wood trim.. I think it gives it a more executive feel about the car.. I also have some pics of my interior in the gallery aswell..

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

92 stock :chairshot: .....dunno how to describe the color, kinda champagne with weird tints (some grey in it?) with the purpley trim, purplish/darkish leather interior which i hate......and cheapo seat covers cuz of the leather......soon to have all new stereo system.

in need of a new paint job

oh, with a cute stuffed turtle attached to the underside of the moonroof :D

2003 Black on Black ES300, fully loaded with Nav and ML. Afraid to heavily modify the car in any way while itz under warranty, but got some super whites in my corners front and back, looking into a K&N filter cuz i think i saw it mentioned in an earlier post by steviej that they came out with one for the 02-03 ES. Tinted windows all around except for front windshield. Need to get a spoiler on it, waiting for a price drop. B)