Stumbled Upon,

jcrome04

Well I didn't think I'd ever see these old gems again! I was looking through old files on my computer and found a couple short videos I made of my old LS400.

#1: Showing off the Intake & Exhaust

#2: A short take off vid

Just thought I'd share these with you guys! B) Enjoy!

:cheers:

In case some of you have never seen my old LS400, here she is! (I miss that thing :wub:)

DSCF0200.jpg

Well I didn't think I'd ever see these old gems again! I was looking through old files on my computer and found a couple short videos I made of my old LS400.

#1: Showing off the Intake & Exhaust

#2: A short take off vid

Just thought I'd share these with you guys! B) Enjoy!

In case some of you have never seen my old LS400, here she is! (I miss that thing :wub: )

DSCF0200.jpg

Lookin' good! :cheers: Now here's where you went wrong ... :chairshot: - no point in selling any LS1, especially if it's been modd'd because you'll never get what it's worth (to you). Keep it, save your money or use your credit and just keep buying more of them (different years of course). One at a time and before you know it, Leno will be wanting to come over. :P

those appear to be chrome(crome) rims....hmmmm

Good one, Python! What was that jcrome04 said recently about chrome rims? "I personally wouldn't buy chrome wheels for my LS. Cheeeeeeeeeee-Z!!!!"

hmmmm

In case some of you have never seen my old LS400, here she is! (I miss that thing :wub:)

DSCF0200.jpg

Yea we have seen it, isn't that the car in your avatar?

Hmm... Nope not the car in my avatar.. Totally different.

And in case nobody noticed.. YES those are chrome wheels, and I sold that car YEARS ago. Which means I don't currently have it. Which means my tastes have changed on my current car. I wish I knew then what I did now. I woulda had some deep dish machined wheels on that guy!!

B)

Psh yeah tell me about it.....

I got her with 114k, sold her Almost 18 months later at 186k :lol: If that shows you how much I loved her.

Ohh yeah.. and no major repairs throughout my entire ownership of her B)

Sometimes I kick myself in the !Removed! for not being a member here when I owned her :(

I got a few ?'s. WHere did you get that cone air filter adapter? Where did you get that sway bar? What was the exhaust set up like on her? How did you like the optima battery?

The air filter was the RMM intake. (Huge waste of money.)

Sway bar was an Otto Racing. Don't think it's produced anymore... (IIRC)

I believe the exhaust was Y-piped into a long resonator, then split into two ANSA Silverline mufflers.

I have that same exact Optima battery in my current LS B) Still works like a dream. Waiting in line for a ferry on Saturday for almost an hour listening to my stereo and it was fine.

Thanks a bunch. :D Im planning on getting a optima when my current battery goes dead. I also plan on doing a similar exhaust pretty soon. I also found a sway bar on ebay that was made for the 1st gen LS. I'll put up the link. I don't think that I will do anything with the stock air box. It seems to flow pretty well. The only thing I might consider is a cone filter adapter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-LS400...eQ5fCarQ5fParts

Nice strut bar.

In all honesty I wouldn't do anything to the intake. Unless you do some fender cutting for a TRUE cold air intake, all you'll be doing is sucking in hot engine bay air. Killing your overall power and MPGs.

If you want to see how an intake would affect your car, do the "Lexkost" type of intake mod. Basically remove the front "dome" half of the stock intake, put a piece of door trim around the air filter, then it will clamp in by itself. Leave the duct up front to direct as much cool air as you can.

I did this to my 2LS a while back for a couple days, sounds amazing B) but killed my MPGs :P