My Gf's Vip Style Is 250

sup everyone. just wanted to share pics of my gf's new '07 250 that she bought about 1 month ago. i'm sure there ain't many people from Hawaii on here posting, so i thought i'd rep the 50th state and show a little of what we got out here. i know "bippu" style isn't everyone's flavor, but out here it's pretty popular. lemme know what you think.

Her car is the first IS in the country with the JDM Air Runner system... serial number on her kit is 0000001. She's running the full 5-piece Ings+1 lip kit, and Work Varianza T1S rims, 19x9 front and 19x10 rear. Tires are mildly stretched with a 225/35 on the 9, and 245/35 on the 10.

She ordered all the parts several months before she bought the car, and we were lucky enough that everything got put on just in time for a car show in Honolulu last weekend. here's some before and after pics.

DSC01436.jpg

DSC01552-1.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01692.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

DSC01694.jpg

DSC01695.jpg

Congratulations on the modified IS. You have a beautiful girlfriend with a sweet looking Lexus. Yeah, low-riders with hydraulics or air suspension aren’t as popular as they used to be but I admire you and your girl for totally tearing into a brand new car. It takes a lot of guts IMO. Just don’t paint it teal and put under-glow underneath and everything should be ZEN.

L8R

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the feedback. i know some will appreciate it, but most won't like it. true, hydraulics and air suspensions aren't a craze anymore for sure. however, in Hawaii, air suspension has become very popular around the VIP crowd. Over here, imitating Japan "bippu" style is what a certain number of Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura drivers are trying to do. To imitate VIP style, we tend to go with aggressive wheel widths and offsets, stretch the tires, run authentic Japan bodykits, ride on air suspension, and add accessories like curtains, pretzels, and champagne bottle holders for example.

The system we use is made by a Japan company called AirRunner. You can check them out at http://www.airrunner.co.jp/ . Retail begins at around $4,000 for most kits. The guy in Hawaii who is the authorized dealer has already done over 30 kits on cars like GS's, LS's, TL's, TSX's, Q45's, Scions, Accords, and even a 350Z.

Ride height is adjustable by about 6 inches. i've included pictures of my gf's car at "ride height". true... there's no way anyone could ride with it at full slam.

this is definitely a different kind of taste that most people aren't gonna feel at all. i just thought i'd post up pics to share with the rest of y'all what other people around the world like to do with perfectly nice cars.

Jo_ride_height-01.jpg

Jo_ride_height-02.jpg

Jo_ride_height-03.jpg

All the cars pictured here are riding on AirRunner suspension.

DSC01777.jpg

same with the 3 GS's parked to the right of my gf's car...

Jo_George_Chris.jpg

• 1 year later...

An acquired taste, no doubt. Not sure you'll see too many cars like that on the track. Functionality not the objective. Bling, show, yes. On the road, pushing the car to it's limits on the track, not gonna work.

But hey, anyone who is an enthusiast has got to appreciate what you are doing.

Wow. All I have to say is, wow. I could not tear up a brand new car ever in my lifetime! lol. Heck I can't even remove the remaining plastics that are in between the doors or where ever, nor even use the original Lexus mats that came with it (I have a carpet runner on top of the Lexus mats, PLUS a generic all-weather floor mat on top of it all).. hehe

If I had the same taste, that is totally awesome. Great Work. Not my type but it's alright with me. :D