2008 Ford Taurus

LexKid630

Just google-image the 2008 ford taurus... It's one of the ugliest 4D vehicles i have EVER seen.

Are the ford engineers/designers on crack? I have no sympathy for ford's low sales with the crap they come out with. I have never been in/driven the new taurus, but just the looks offend me.

This is just my opinion*

What are your thoughts?

i actually liked the 500, the way it looked anyway. Apparently the new Taurus is a very good car. Strong, quiet, fast and decently priced. I really want the domestics to get their act together and this is a good step. At least its different looking.

I think the taurus x's (restyled freestyle) headlights would've matched better.

If you would see the car in person (and without the chrome rims and mud flaps), it is actually very handsome. It is a hell of a lot of car for a base price around $23k. My one complaint is that it should still be named the Five Hundred.

Omar, I must have read that same article as you either in MT or Car and Driver where they really gave the new Taurus a great review. I think the one thing they weren't crazy about was the handling, and that's no shock since this car is not meant to be a driver's car by any stretch of the imagination.

I wonder if it still has the fire starting brake switch in it? Ford engineers have their heads up their $#$!@. Switches that cause fires, spark plugs that blow through the hoods, spark plugs that cant be removed.....brake disks that wear out in 7k miles.....that is their biggest challenge....poor quality and lack of concern....

If you would see the car in person (and without the chrome rims and mud flaps), it is actually very handsome. It is a hell of a lot of car for a base price around $23k. My one complaint is that it should still be named the Five Hundred.

I thought the new front end looked terrible in pictures and thought the previous 500 was much better looking. However, I saw my first Taurus yesterday in person and I too thought it was very handsome. Better looking than the Camry, Accord, etc.

I think in general, domestic cars have a dorky sterile look to them. Nothing in the line ups create passion, save for a few like the vette. The rest are all "retro" hot rod's, or my "mom's and dad's family truckster" style. GM's car line up is sick looking, and Ford hasn't made a 4-door I would own in years. Dodge has the 300, but getting a Dodge comes with owning a Dodge. My dad races Ford Mustangs. I will say that Ford has built itself on thier racing programs over the years. We're pushing 850 rwhp and just last weekend clocked 8.94 in the 1/4's. Over the years wev'e blown very few Ford motors, and their tranny's are mega strong. I have a video of me in a 2003 Ford Explorer with a 600+ rwhp V-6 taking a Pontiac GTO LS-2 in the 1/4. Afterwards he came over and said "That was embarrasing." LOL! He was a good guy. We talked awhile afterwards.

My biggest question has allways been, do the Domestic auto engineers look at the cars they make and say "WOW!, what a good looking car!" ? And then get in their Lexus and go home?

i'm sorry, but the new Taurus is just plain UGLY to me. It's so disproportunate! The rear 1/4 glass is absolutely hideous, along with the over-sized tires, rims, headlights and grill.

It's like they haven't progressed from the 1989 taurus', which the front of this one kind of looks like!

It honestly upsets me that i have to see these things on the road.

I was telling a friend of mine at the shop about this thread. "Fugly Ford Taurus". And he made a good point. He said " America needs ugly cars on the road. It keeps all the new car buyers happy. ;)

As I reported last year in this thread,

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...&hl=Hundred

, I was very impressed by the Ford Five Hundred we rented in Virginia. Comfy, huge interior and a lot of fun to drive.

One of the aspects of I liked (a lot!) was the front styling. Although I doubt if we would have purchased one, I told people about and recommended the Ford Five Hundred to a number of people.

The "new" Ford Taurus, however, is one of the most awful looking cars I have ever seen and it completely turns me off. I could never recommend it to anyone.

I understand Ford's stragedy (strategy + tragedy) -- they wanted to change the Ford Five Hundred to be more visually like the old and more successful Taurus to try to attract owners of older Taurus cars.

Maybe they should have instead changed the Five Hundred to look like the "Model T" or "Model A".