What A Rush ...

thieaux

I respect all viewpoints in this post and just b/c you coneal and carry, I'm not calling you a nut. The wanna- be/testosterone types are who I'm talking about (if you are one of them, this means you). I disagree with folks who walk with an aggressive stick... thats all I'm saying here. I don't have a psychology degree, but its apparent that some I've talked with over the years - seem to be hiding behind their pistol. One other thing - I think it's fine to be a nut in the country too. Heck, were all nuts about Lexus cars... Just don't be a nut when it involves, dangerous, aggressive and even wreckless behavior.

I have had guns pulled on me twice in my life and in neither situation was anything being stolen or sold.

So, for me its two gun carrying guys - to zero muggings, hold ups, thefts etc.... 2 - 0

Hence, I've encountered two guys who carry; and have encountered zero hostile/dangerous/criminal guys...

I still firmly believe in owning and even carrying a weapon/s which is the common theme here. My home is packing strong.... In fact, I have a Thompson Submachine Gun my Granddad brought home from WWII - The ATF welded it shut after someone ratted him out for having it (he owned it as a show piece only) Even though it doesn't work it's still really cool to have - very heavy. We all seem to at least believe in the right to bear arms. Good thing. It's all good.

This certainly doesn't sound like a greeting of respect. Perhaps you might want to reconsider your choice of wording.

Nice try (conceal and carry nuts) -

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never been to a Police Academy, but I'm pretty sure they spend their months of training doing more than shooting at paper targets, like learning laws and how to enforce them. Just about any !Removed! can shoot at a target and do reasonably well.

I agree with all of your regulations whole heartedly and would be more than willing to go through them to purchase another gun, but I still stand by the arguement that the people who are going to comply with your regulations are people who are going to use firearms responsibly in the first place, so in my mind, the plan would not be very effective.

They do learn all of those things, but they spend a lot of time on gun and gun safety.

The only thing i could add is, in some states it is as easy as walking into a store and buying a gun.

I remember a few years ago in a pawn shop wasting some time and seeing all these guns laying in a cabinet. I asked they guy ( as it is no where even close to what we have in Ontario to purchase a gun) what do you need to buy one he replied cash and a drivers licence that's it.

So some states may have proper training to own or purchase one but others do not have anything that most would find safe to hand over one.

The only thing i could add is, in some states it is as easy as walking into a store and buying a gun.

I remember a few years ago in a pawn shop wasting some time and seeing all these guns laying in a cabinet. I asked they guy ( as it is no where even close to what we have in Ontario to purchase a gun) what do you need to buy one he replied cash and a drivers licence that's it.

So some states may have proper training to own or purchase one but others do not have anything that most would find safe to hand over one.

That would have been an illegal sale. All sales in the US require a NICS check and the filling out of a permanent federal form 4473. Some states may have more stringent laws, but thay cannot have any less than the federal laws.

I don't believe you can infer from that anything about state CC laws unless you have read or at least are familiar with the state laws.

I believe I'm qualified to say that as I have followed the enaction of the newer state concealed carry laws and I also was a FFL holder/gun dealer with a class 3 (machine guns etc) tax stamp for over 10 years. An FFL holder must know the laws as it's his !Removed! if he gets caught in violation, even if not on purpose.

I think you misunderstood (of course, you were there an I wasn't)- They need your drivers license so they can run a background check. I doubt he meant just flash him your license and your out the door with a firearm.

Bartkat,

What? You worried I'm calling you a nut? Maybe you are the one person in this forum - besides the poster, with whom I'm poking a bit at... Sapper Daddy - too. If you are aggressive and carry b/c of low self asteem etc. then it applies to you. IF YOU CARRY A GUN JUST B/C YOU LIKE TO - THIS APPLIES TO YOU.

Why not carry a sword and some numbchucks around, at least you'd look cooler.........

But, If you carry because you have a realistic need to more power to you. Those who conceal and carry, those who carry for good reason - I've got no issues with (hunters, recreational shooters etc). Defining a realistic need is not creating a problem to look for problems to solve.

I didn't read everyone's post, but if you know it applies to you - then it does. Boycot Aruba? OK - it's Aruba's fault that, that poor girl is missing? She chose to go to a third world type place - That makes as little sense to me - as pulling a nine on some poor !Removed! lifting a bike... Again, a pattern of blaming the situation and circumstances instead of pointing the finger at judgements/decisions that we make.

Awareness shouldn't be offensive - I hope that my "nut" comments applied to very few of you.

I'll wait on a Tornado to hit my house, before I ever will feel the need to carry. If I move to the Ghetto - I might change my stance. Peace - out

before you read my reply, please understand that i have NOT read this entire thread....but I get the point.....

NC211's take on this.....

You want to commit a crime against me like stealing...then I'll settle the score in court and your grandkids will become my "notes receivable".

but if you show up in my house with violent intentions......you and the d*ck you rode in on will be dead...don't care if the gun is a 12 guage from walmart, or licended permit sig40 with purple tipped hollows...and if your next of kin tries to sue me...they'll be paying for my gas in my new 07' LS460.

Every man not only has the right....but the responsibilty to protect what is his responsibilty...if that means taking an !Removed!-kicking to walk away..then you take it.

but if it means life or death...then pull it out and kill that sob on the spot....because you're the one who answers to your decision..and if you're dead..well...you're dead..period.

just my 2 cents.

Bartkat,

What? You worried I'm calling you a nut? Maybe you are the one person in this forum - besides the poster, with whom I'm poking a bit at... Sapper Daddy - too. If you are aggressive and carry b/c of low self asteem etc. then it applies to you. IF YOU CARRY A GUN JUST B/C YOU LIKE TO - THIS APPLIES TO YOU.

Why not carry a sword and some numbchucks around, at least you'd look cooler.........

But, If you carry because you have a realistic need to more power to you. Those who conceal and carry, those who carry for good reason - I've got no issues with (hunters, recreational shooters etc). Defining a realistic need is not creating a problem to look for problems to solve.

I didn't read everyone's post, but if you know it applies to you - then it does. Boycot Aruba? OK - it's Aruba's fault that, that poor girl is missing? She chose to go to a third world type place - That makes as little sense to me - as pulling a nine on some poor !Removed! lifting a bike... Again, a pattern of blaming the situation and circumstances instead of pointing the finger at judgements/decisions that we make.

Awareness shouldn't be offensive - I hope that my "nut" comments applied to very few of you.

I'll wait on a Tornado to hit my house, before I ever will feel the need to carry. If I move to the Ghetto - I might change my stance. Peace - out

My point is that there is absolutely no need for you to be an !Removed! about it.

Bartkat,

My point is that there is absolutely no need for you to be an !Removed! about it.

ok buddy - just a few laughs to oil the conversation; and I wasn't being an !Removed!, I was being jovially honest.

Bartkat,

ok buddy - just a few laughs to oil the conversation; and I wasn't being an !Removed!, I was being jovially honest.

Jovially? I don't see any smiley faces. Besides, all you gun grabber goons sound alike to me. :blink: :D

What do guns have to do with Lexus cars? Chill I say, give my hotmail a rest....please......I know a good place to store a gun in an SC or SOARER, in the trunk.........

Turn off your email notification. That should help.

I know about turning off, but I am looking to get replies from other threads so I don't want to miss those notifications... Anyway I am cool with it, keep posting away if you guys are all having a good time, it's all good.....See ya

*Manager hat on*

Bartkat,

No, his issue is that you're trying to take the discussion away from the topic and make it personal, and he's right. Calling people...anything on this forum is expressly prohibited. Express your opinion in a positive way or don't express it at all.

What do guns have to do with Lexus cars? Chill I say, give my hotmail a rest....please......I know a good place to store a gun in an SC or SOARER, in the trunk.........

Jibby, this is the general discussion forum. Topics in here vary to any other topic that does not fit in with the other more specific forums, the whole point of the forum is that discussions will not have anything to do with Lexus cars. We all have other interests too.

If you don't want to read these discussions don't, if you don't want to recieve email notifications then turn that option off, or simply stop posting in these threads alltogether and you'll stop getting email notifications of replies. Chiming in and asking that others stop their discussion because you're tired of it is innapropriate.

*manager hat off*

SWE,

No claims of entitlement here. But, I got called an a** and a gun grabber goon. I don't take that personal, b/c I really don't care. If you read closely, I don't directly imply my intentions to a specific name etc. I only clarified my initial address of "Nice try conceal and carry nuts" I wasn't implying everyone - and was my mistake. I don't know anyone in here, just had to read and say a few things about the dangerous nature of the discussion. I didn't know that I had to add smiley faces to bring well intentions into a post/thread etc.

Probably should have. So, my bad here. I like/enjoy this forum :cheers:

I stand by what I say in that I don't feel any need for aggressive minded people to be carrying guns around.

But, if they want to - they've certainly got that right... :cheers:

3W03ES- You are absolutely correct, I love you administrators, you guys are always keeping things in line and are always so politically correct. As you know when a good majority of people on these forums want to debate, use profanity, insult others, cause a stir, or like me just want the posting to stop because the topic is played out. You guys just keep it all working smoothly...Good job I hope they pay you guys well for your talents.....

However, I must state the obvious and that is this thread has covered all ends of the subject matter and is going no where fast. The original failed robbery attempt was amusing at first, then the gun control debate was interesting for a few posts, and then just more guns and guns and guns, I think everyone should chill!!!!! Some people like guns and feel better and safer carrying them, some put their trust in the man up stairs to protect them and they leave their guns at home, and others just don't think or even consider using or having guns period. Some may have UFC skills and don't need the guns for protection..Some may say it is better to have a gun and not need it then to not have a gun and need it. Everyone has different interests and I think they have all been expressed.

You ask why do I not turn off my email notification? The answer is because I actually have a few Lexus car related threads pending for reply on this forum... and I have a strong desire to learn, modify and dominate or at least compete in the lexus performance seen.. Anyway, that is my situation which should not concern anyone but me, so you fella's just keep on posting and I guess I will have to grit my teeth and try not to fall asleep reading the same crap over and over. Just couldn't take it anymore and had to vent after the Bin Laden thread that just kept going and going (kinda like the energizer bunny) Anyway, if you guys are having fun and think you are getting something out of these posts you just go right ahead.. It's all good..

Anyway, I am now attempting to change the subject. (futile but got to try) So does anyone think the Steelers will lose in the Superbowl this Sunday? They look strong, but I am hoping the Seahawks can pull off the upset, those fans up in Seattle with all the rain probably could really use a lift...and you got to love the underdog.....

3W03ES- You are absolutely correct, I love you administrators, you guys are always keeping things in line and are always so politically correct. As you know when a good majority of people on these forums want to debate, use profanity, insult others, cause a stir, or like me just want the posting to stop because the topic is played out. You guys just keep it all working smoothly...Good job I hope they pay you guys well for your talents.....

However, I must state the obvious and that is this thread has covered all ends of the subject matter and is going no where fast. The original failed robbery attempt was amusing at first, then the gun control debate was interesting for a few posts, and then just more guns and guns and guns, I think everyone should chill!!!!! Some people like guns and feel better and safer carrying them, some put their trust in the man up stairs to protect them and they leave their guns at home, and others just don't think or even consider using or having guns period. Some may have UFC skills and don't need the guns for protection..Some may say it is better have a gun and not need it then to not have a gun and need it. Everyone has different interests and I think they have all been expressed.

You ask why do I not turn off my email notification? The answer is because I actually have a few Lexus car related threads pending for reply on this forum... and I have a strong desire to learn, modify and dominate or at least compete in the lexus performance seen.. Anyway, that is my situation which should not concern anyone but me, so you fella's just keep on posting and I guess I will have to grit my teeth and try not to fall asleep reading the same crap over and over. Just couldn't take it anymore and had to vent after the Bin Laden thread that just kept going and going (kinda like the energizer bunny) Anyway, if you guys are having fun and think you are getting something out of these posts you just go right ahead.. It's all good..

Anyway, I am now attempting to change the subject. (futile but got to try) So does anyone think the Steelers will lose in the Superbowl this Sunday? They look strong, but I am hoping the Seahawks can pull off the upset, those fans up in Seattle with all the rain probably could really use a lift...and you got to love the underdog.....

Jibby, I think the Seahawks will take it. Cowers and company have worked there !Removed! off to get this far and won't take a beating lightly.

Sorry for going off topic, Back to the Guns.

Edited by dcfish

JIBBY, its not your place to change the topic of the thread, or to decide when a discussion has run its course. If people want to have a discussion about gun usage and it stays civil, they can have it. You can talk about anything you want in here as long as it isn't lewd and as long as it isn't degrading into a flamewar.

Its not your place, or even my place to say when a discussion is over. Its over when its over. If you don't want to participate in it anymore, don't.

As for the email notification, I watch many many threads on the site and have never felt a need for the email notification. Just check in on them once or twice a day, you're here anyways. You can also select to recieve a daily email showing you all of the posts you're susbribed to that have activity instead of getting a seperate email for every update.

In any event, please stop trying to curtail other members' discussions. Its bugging people.

See I was trying to be complementary and civil and you post that....that's too bad SWO3ES... Without insulting you and others further did you notice when I said "If you guys are getting something out of these posts, then keep posting it is all good". I was simply just suggesting a possible change because the subject was getting repititious, no need to get heated about it. I guess I won't suggest that again... I don't want to kicked off this forum, so I will now suggest everyone should keep posting away about guns, it's all good (I think), please everyone stay on subject, and I will even read what is posted........See but everyone must agree this is a little more enjoyable to read, and a little change of pace. I even have the administrator excited which I did not try to do.

So to get back on subject about guns, I bought a real nice snub nose 357 magnum S&W about 10 years ago because I was living next to a crack house across the street, Mexican gangbangers, you name it...and felt I may be better off owning a gun. So the crack house is gone, the owner or drug dealer actually got shot and killed in the house. True story!! Now the bad element is gone and I still own this gun. It rests in my bedroom which I still keep for protection even though I now live in a nice area. It remains loaded with hollow tip bullets which were very hard to find at the time... I have never shot the gun, it is new...and hopefully I never will have to use it....But I would say if someone tries to break into my house in the middle of the night to steal my Lexus, LCD TV or this Tohiba Satalite laptop I am typing on, I may have to test out my 357 for the first time. I always wondered if this gun would have a good kick to it? In regards to my choice in hollow tip bullets I was told these bullets would stop someone at close range with one shot, and supposedly if shot by a hollow tip bullet, a small hole upon entry and a large hole upon exit. That way the robber, gang banger, drug dealer, etc.. would not have a chance to shoot me back. I will even provide a picture of my unused gun, and the two hollow tip bullets right next to it. I do appologise for suggesting a subject change, what was I thinking? Don't you guys think that is a nice looking revolver?

Is this better?

post-13978-1138674748_thumb.jpg

Is this better?

Much better! What is that, a cap pistol?? J/K :lol: That's a really nice looking revolver! B) Yeah, those hollow points will do some damage. Here's my Steyr M40. It's a great little gun; I LOVE the triangular sight. I've never seen any other gun manufacture with them.

:cheers:

post-1461-1138681220_thumb.jpg

See I was trying to be complementary and civil and you post that....that's too bad SWO3ES... Without insulting you and others further did you notice when I said "If you guys are getting something out of these posts, then keep posting it is all good". I was simply just suggesting a possible change because the subject was getting repititious, no need to get heated about it. I guess I won't suggest that again... I don't want to kicked off this forum, so I will now suggest everyone should keep posting away about guns, it's all good (I think), please everyone stay on subject, and I will even read what is posted........See but everyone must agree this is a little more enjoyable to read, and a little change of pace. I even have the administrator excited which I did not try to do.

I'm going to contact you about this privately. Check your PMs.

Everyone else back to your discussion ;)

Nice guns guys. Love your case. thank you for sharing. I too have a little 380 made in Argentina. I did go shooting with it, let my son teach me the ropes. He is a great shot and put me to shame. He used to fire a 50 cal in the air force. Now he is a cop in Stockton (gang city central)

Is this better?

Much better! What is that, a cap pistol?? J/K :lol: That's a really nice looking revolver! B) Yeah, those hollow points will do some damage. Here's my Steyr M40. It's a great little gun; I LOVE the triangular sight. I've never seen any other gun manufacture with them.

:cheers:

Blake911- nice gun, and just to let you know at the time I purchased my 357 revolver I was actually considering a semi automatic, like a 9 millimeter Glock, 45 caliber, Desert Eagle, etc.. But I was talked out of the more powerful handguns, and semi-automatics like yours. Why? I was told with a clip you can possibly get a jam, and with a revovler your gun is almost 100% reliable. Also anything more powerful then my gun would not only go threw your target but go to the next house and so forth and so on. I did not want to take out my neighbor after taking out the robber with the same bullet. So I went with my gun which I was told is ideal for home protection. Although I did want the 45 cal. ..via Clint Eastwood style... See ya

Last night i was pulling in to my parking sapce , i live in a residential complex , and the gate was open , and i saw a guy strugglin with a bike, when i looked closely it was my neighbors bike, when i step up to the guy , he went like "help me push it cause its dying on me" , and i asked him in which apt were you, as soon as he gave me the wrong answer i know he was trying to steel it, i told him step off the bike , and he turned and tryed to take out something out off a bag he was carrying , i pulled out my small, yet trusty walther ppk/s , and yelled don't move, i knocked him off the bike and call my neighbor and the police , WOW i mean what a rush , as i was aiming this guy , i knew i had his life on my hands , but was nervous as hell , but managed to control the situation without any incidents .....But what a rush..

Hi thieaux!! :)

Based on how you responded to the situation and based on the fact that it was the first time in 8 years that you have ever pulled your gun out AND based on the fact that you readily admit to being 'nervous as hell' - I have tremendous respect for you. You come across as the 'poster boy' of why it's OK for some people to HAVE guns. No doubt your heart must have been beating like a humming bird for HOURS after that incident.

Craig!! :)

JIBBBY

You need to take that revolver out and shoot it from time to time to make sure it works, and to gain the skills you will need should you need to use it.

Also you should not leave the gun on the night stand or in a drawer where someone could pick it up, sometime when you least expect it. Put in in a quick access lockbox.