Siphon Gas From Lx470

k.warren

Take a forklift or crane, strap your vehicle to it, open the gas door, remove the cap, and tilt the car at an angle as to where the gas pours from the tank into the complete pointlessness of this thread.

Just buy another gallon of gas, if you're serious. If you're not, then I don't know what to say.

:whistles:

I need to siphon gas from my 2000 LX470 to fill the lawnmover tank.  Has anyone successfully done this?

Well, I was driving a 25' Penske truck cross country towing my LX470 on a flat-bed trailer. I was trying to stop as little as possible to make good time. Somewhere in West Texas, I pulled into a town with both of its gas stations out-of-business, kind of a ghost town I guess. Knowing I was beyond the point of no return, I went on, hoping for the best, but running out of gas with the rig. No problem, I had all my garage stuff packed into the back of the moving truck. Garden hose cut, random container found and emptied, I determined after some time that the siphoning was just not going to happen. Strange thing, my Verizon call-anywhere-in-the-US plan works anywhere except West Texas, where they demand a credit card number to connect. Two 15 dollar, one minute calls confirmed that I was not going to get help anytime soon, so I ended up unloading the LX470 and driving it to the closest gas station to pick up a container of gas. I'd recommend you to do the same thing for your lawnmower.

This is a classic in that i will remember for a long time about the person who came on the forum to ask about a high end vehicle in order to remove a few cents worth of gas to refill a lawn mower ,rather than the obvious of filling a normal gas can for it.

I suggest members pay attention to the forums rules

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?act=boardrules

K.Warren asked a question which was a serious question.. not bait for everyone to make fun of his question.

I guess you should start by finding out what the antisiphon device looks like in the filler tube first to see if it can be bypassed. Now for the story.. My neighbor across the street puts his lawnmower in the back of his pickup to get it filled with gas. Go figure !!! :D