Ls 400 Stolen And Torched

Many times when cars are financed through independent dealers, they keep a key to the car so when they have to repo it, they have the key.

On the other hand, I knew a guy in Brooklyn who with his buddies would "steal" a car from one of their friends, strip all the seats, tires, engine, etc, then dump the thing in a neighborhood near another buddy. The "stolen" car would get reported and recovered. They would get the car back along with a fat check from the insurance company then put all the parts back on. Then he fell off the back of a truck at work and got disability.

They screwed things up for you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like an "urban folk lore" story to me. But you did list your address so I suppose it's true. Unreal and you have my sympathy.

I can't believe how people buy insurance, but I got scammed a long time ago and wised up. Best thing that can happen to anyone is to get burnt on a small $ amount and find out how the system works. A fool learns by his mistakes, a wise man learns from others mistakes.

Check out www.badfaithinsurance.org What I don't get is I've shown this to several friends and the typical response is "gee I never had any problems with xxx." Duh, go figure.

I have had good luck with Consumer Reports. What they recommend I buy including my insurance provider.

Roscoe -

Be sure that your lawsuit includes an allegation of "bad faith" on the part of the insurance company. These are words that can strike fear into the hearts (if they have hearts) of insurance company attorneys, as in the past huge settlements, far beyond actual monetary losses, have been granted by juries on the basis of "bad faith."

Bob N.

• 1 month later...
Roscoe -

Be sure that your lawsuit includes an allegation of "bad faith" on the part of the insurance company. These are words that can strike fear into the hearts (if they have hearts) of insurance company attorneys, as in the past huge settlements, far beyond actual monetary losses, have been granted by juries on the basis of "bad faith."

Bob N.

Not to bring up a perhaps old subject but I am in the process of sueing my insurance company but i am having a hard time having a mechanic of lexus or one that works on or knows extensively the alarm systems of lexus that will admit that the vehicle can be stolen without a key. If any one knows a mechanic or could ask please let me know . Thanks,

Mike

I wish I did my friend. I'm glad to hear that you're fighting this though. I think it is the right thing to do. Good luck to you!

:cheers:

There is also a possibility that they broke into your car when you had locked it using the switch that is inside the car. Only when you lock the car using a remote or the key in the outside part of the door does the engine immobilizer become activated. This is true in all the Toyotas and Lexuses that we own, older and newer.

There is also a possibility that they broke into your car when you had locked it using the switch that is inside the car.  Only when you lock the car using a remote or the key in the outside part of the door does the engine immobilizer become activated.  This is true in all the Toyotas and Lexuses that we own, older and newer.

iF this happened 10 months ago when did you report it and how come its taken 10 months to try and do something. Sorry to be skeptical but it seems a bit funny youd sit around for 3/4 of a year without thinkin of a lawsuit

I'm sure that he didn't have enough time to update us or post the goings-on of what was happening is his case, which is fine. I don't think someone would make up a story like this just to enthrall readers. He came here to look for a way that the thiefs could've gotten around his security system, and providing us with a lot of personal information.

No, this did not just come up, he's been working on this for a while. Read the posts and the time stamps and you'll see the history. :D

Sounds like an "urban folk lore" story to me. But you did list your address so I suppose it's true. Unreal and you have my sympathy.

Well, I didn't want to say this but it was my wifes lazy cousin and his buddies that did this. He is such a slug. Since it was 20 years ago in Brooklyn I guess I can tell that now.

People seem to have no problem stealing cars in Brooklyn, we lost a nice 1969 Barracuda there.

I'd buy the insurance company a copy of "GONE IN 60 SECONDS" and mail that to them!

I understand the stampline has been goin on for 4 months but from what I can figure out the car went missing sometime about October 2004 and only posted here in march. I do believe him for sure however i would have had a lawyer doing something within 1 month.

Anyway i dont know much about this kind of stuff but for $26000 bucks I would not slack about.

lol is he from happy days?

im confused now

Roscoe is from the Dukes of Hazzard! I think it aired in the mid/late 70's? The movie looks like it's going to suck. The person that did the casting should be slapped...Burt Reynolds is about 2' too tall and entirely too slim to be Boss Hogg. Stiffler and Johhny Knoxville as the "good ole boys, never meanin' no harm?" I have a hard time imagining a s*x craized maniac and an idiot who wraps himself in chicken and lets gators pick it off of him as the Duke boys! Jessica Simpson as Daisy? Sure, she's nice to look at, but then, she opens her mouth and unkowingly says something retarded. Her southern accent is absolutely pathetic too.

I'd love to have that black Ford LTD(I think) that Uncle Jesse fueled with his famous shine! :lol:

Jessica Simpson as Daisy? Sure, she's nice to look at, but then, she opens her mouth and unkowingly says something retarded. Her southern accent is absolutely pathetic too.

I :blushing: still love her. <3

Oh yeah, me too. I'll see the movie just for one line she says...something about bouncing up her undercarage. Hahaha!!

Man, I feel old. The Duke's ran every Friday night at 8:00 pm. It was then followed buy Dallas, and later Knight Rider. I remember when I was a kid, the big debate on the play ground was between The General Lee, and Kit. Which one was better. Now granted Kit could talk and all that, but the General....is the General!

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey lexus folk,

to clear a few questions up here are a few details. First, the car has been stolen over 15 months ago. I have been making payments on this car and still owe 2 years on it. The insurance co GA farm bureau has drug this out and i was cooperating but in fact have had an attorney involved for over a year. I WISH this were some urban folk lore but in fact is a night mare. There seems to be many ways that this car in fact can be stolen but since most every one here owns or had owned a lexus COULD MAYBE SOME ONE WHO HAS A RELATIONSHIP OR GOOD RAPOIRT WITH A MECHANIC AT THE LEXUS DLRSHP WHO WOULD OR COULD SAY HOW THIS COULD BE STOLEN WHEN I HAVE ONLY KEY. (THAT I KNOW OF)...........................PLEASE DONT LET THE RICHEST COMPANIES IN THE WORLD SCREW OVER ANOTHER GOOD CITIZEN. As a side note i have had insurance on my home and lincoln as well as the lexus with this same company. and never missed a payment. What a crock of crap!!! ANY HELP?\

Mike

It was either towed

or

it had a pre programed key previously.

If the control box is still available and it is installed in another working car it would be able to tell you if more than 2 keys were ever programeed to the car ,which could have been anyone from a mechanic to a carwash as it only takes 20 seconds to have the bypass programmed with a working master key provided by the owner.

I would switch insurance and then talk to new agent about the issue. I mean damn if they are not covering you then what is the point of having them.

I am sure you already talked to a ton of people inside and outside of the industry.

Also did you file with BBB and the state insurance commission

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

I would switch insurance and then talk to new agent about the issue. I mean damn if they are not covering you then what is the point of having them.

I am sure you already talked to a ton of people inside and outside of the industry.

Good luck.

HERE IS A UPDATE!!!!

After years wating for court they (GA Farm Bureau) settled out of court for a smaller amount than what i was trying to get. Just to let you know this company as i have found out is FAMOUS for this. Just thought id put an end to a long lasting problem. If you are with a Farm bureau comapany i would switch companies and fast!! THanks for your support.

Good luck.

HERE IS A UPDATE!!!!

After years wating for court they (GA Farm Bureau) settled out of court for a smaller amount than what i was trying to get. Just to let you know this company as i have found out is FAMOUS for this. Just thought id put an end to a long lasting problem. If you are with a Farm bureau comapany i would switch companies and fast!! THanks for your support.

Roscoe:

And just how are they any different from State Farm?...............

Not so similar story, same behavior by insurance co.

I think they are all trying to keep from being run over by Katrina claims, but they're doing it on the backs of people like us. I am not amused....