Highest Mileage

maxed_out

98 Ls400 w/ 140,000 and some change. So far just regular maintenance, not one thing has broken yet, and still running like new. These cars are simply amazing! :lol:

My wallet thanks me everyday for not buying a BMW (Broken Motor Works)

• 3 months later...

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) In December of 2004 I gave my 1995 Toyota Avalon to my wife's cousin because she needed reliable transportation. Her 1994 Honda was falling apart. My Avalon had 294,000 miles on it and ran like a champ. Major repairs didn't take place until I reached 257k and were suspension and brake related. When the cousin visits I marvel at how its sheetmetal appears to be more solid and dent resistant then my 2000 LS. I put 48,000 highway miles on my LS since purchase in January 2005 and she's now at 117,000. I bought the only non-diesel car that I thought I could get 500,000 miles of comfortable, responsive, reliable transportation from that would rival or surpass that Avalon. I sometimes see the Q45s and Acura RLs and older 350S Diesels that I had considered, but I don't covet them over the LS and I'm glad I made this decision.

I now have 299,637 miles on my 2000 LS400. I'll probably break 400,000 in two years and then buy the 2005 Black LS430 that my mechanic services. It has 48,000 on it now and the owner is an older woman who doesn't even put 12,000 a year on it.

My LS has been a workhorse, recent issue has been the only one that caused the car to stop, radiator screen clogged with sand from highway driving and I had a new thermostat put in by another local mechanic as I thought the therm was the problem. Car continued to overheat and leak/spit coolant and I brought it to MYguys and they showed me where the other mechanic did not tighten the clamp for the hose. Car drives well again.

Got 145,000 on my 96 LS now. I bought the car with 37.5K miles on it in October 2006. I just had to do some suspension work (radius arms, bushings ), other than that, it's just been regular maintenance. I'm very happy with the car and will drive it until it drops, which based on everyone's experience here, will probably be never.

I'll be taking her on a 5000 mile round trip excursion from PA to CA in the next three weeks. I'm looking forward to that trip. Road trips in this car are always something to look forward to.

• 3 months later...
Hi everyone,

I just hit 250,412. miles on my 1991 Ls400. Still runs great and strong. Great car!! Daffy :whistles:

I have owned 3 generation LS and I only sold the first generation LS and still have my 95 and my 01 LS's...

What's remarkable is my 95 has 215,000, and the ONLY problem i have ever had with this car besides normal timing belt and oil changes is the Power Steering went bad...don't know if its the pump or what, but it still starts, doesn't' leak, the interior is A+ and the paint looks great except for a small clear coating area that needs to be repainted.

The 01-LS430 has 178,000 and only needs new tires now. I am on my way to the 460 after this one give in, but I must say

Hi everyone,

I just hit 250,412. miles on my 1991 Ls400. Still runs great and strong. Great car!! Daffy :whistles:

Hi everyone,

I have owned 3 generation LS and I only sold the first generation LS and still have my 95 and my 01 LS's...

What's remarkable is my 95 has 215,000, and the ONLY problem i have ever had with this car besides normal timing belt and oil changes is the Power Steering went bad...don't know if its the pump or what, but it still starts, doesn't' leak, the interior is A+ and the paint looks great except for a small clear coating area that needs to be repainted.

The 01-LS430 has 178,000 and only needs new tires now. I am on my way to the 460 after this one give in, but I must say, I have owned Porsche, BMW 7, Corvette, Mazda, Ford and the Altima over the years, and no car even comes close to the LS for dependability and ride...

I'm a fan forever.

Mine is up to 224,000 now on my 1991, but it "acts" more like it has 884,000 and its not even been abused or poorly serviced... just alot of little annoying issues going on with it now. ;)

My old 1990 LS400 (as seen to the left in my avatar) that I sold in 2005 had 278K and didnt have any issues other than the radio had stopped working. Dang I miss that LS.

My 1996 LS now has 156,000 miles. I purchased 3 years ago with 37K miles. Just took a round trip from eastern PA to CA and back in Sept. Car was magnificent on the road. I've only had to do basic maintenance prior to this year. I had to begin replacing suspension parts this year.

The best vehicle I've ever had and I'll get another one after this one goes, which doesn't look to be anytime soon

My 1996 LS now has 156,000 miles. I purchased 3 years ago with 37K miles. Just took a round trip from eastern PA to CA and back in Sept. Car was magnificent on the road. I've only had to do basic maintenance prior to this year. I had to begin replacing suspension parts this year.

The best vehicle I've ever had and I'll get another one after this one goes, which doesn't look to be anytime soon

Christ on a crutch!!!! How did you put that many miles on it in 3 years?!

• 1 month later...

Just thought we'd have some fun. Blake918 has 250k on his car. Congrats....

I have 112k my 91LS-kinda feel like a rookie. What do the rest of you have?

:whistles:

I have over 400,000 miles on my LS400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone top that???????????????????????

eMel

1992 ls400, rare rear retractable window shade,nakamichi ,trac, silver on gray, and 245,xxx miles.

wow...almost exactly four years ago...! well my odo died at 238,xxx, at the above number i was still tracking the miles using the trip meters...

in that time ive lost the front speakers, my sunroof has a little leak in one corner, ive replaced the front rotors once, put in genuine toyota coolant, still have two of the tires that were on in the above post(goodyear assurance comfort treads), i replaced a leaky blend door valve(?), and the biggest problem ive had is a bad egr valve(code 071/72) thats it!!! also i have developed a clear coat(silvermist) peeling issue near the antennae mast...and literally that is everything in that time...

with the exception of a total of maybe 4 months spread out, its been a daily driver that whole time....i estimate the true mileage to be about 330,000-345,000 average about a 70 miles a day in that time - 150 days or so... there have been lots of trips from upland to camp pendleton, and a few trips to san fran, etc so that number could be higher...

the seats still suck !Removed! though.... i really do want a 95 or later one primarily for the interior...

• 3 weeks later...

Most likely your A/C leak is the compressor front seal or evaporator core. I had both and replaced both and now I'm good to go. The evaporator core leak is little hard to detect so alot of times smaller shops cannot find it. The shop that ended up diagnosing mine evacuated the system, pressurized it to operating pressures with nitrogen, then shot a quick burst of 134a into it with a refrigerent sniffer and it detected refrigerent through the vents. That mean's the leak is in the evaporator case. The evaporator core is a typical leak point in LS400's. Don't let an A/C shop rip you off on the repair. I had my evaporator core out in 45 minutes. Althought I havn't seen anyone do it faster, it does NOT require removing the entire dash, air bags, etc... Just the glove box and blower.