Highest Mileage

maxed_out

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

157k on my 94. I bought in in May hoping to get 50k out of it. Now I'm thinking it may be worth keeping around. I repaired the CC LCD on Friday and am amazed at how satisfying of a fix that was. I have a whole new outlook on the car. I may have to rethink the 50k goal to more like 100k.

If that is the case I may opt for new leather seats and an upgraded stereo and possibly a new paint job.

Runs great, no leaks and no fluid usage (other than washer fluid)

157k on my 94. I bought in in May hoping to get 50k out of it. Now I'm thinking it may be worth keeping around. I repaired the CC LCD on Friday and am amazed at how satisfying of a fix that was. I have a whole new outlook on the car. I may have to rethink the 50k goal to more like 100k.

If that is the case I may opt for new leather seats and an upgraded stereo and possibly a new paint job.

Runs great, no leaks and no fluid usage (other than washer fluid)

As I read through everyone's experience here with the durability of these cars, I'm thinking that the average person should be able to get 250K miles minimum from these cars without much of a problem. That's very encouraging for me given that I only have 47K miles on my car. This means that I'm set for the next 8-10 years which is perfect. I generally keep my cars that long before I think about buying a new one.

I wouldn't hestitate to buy a well cared for LS with 100K+ miles as it still better than most other new cars even at that point. Let's hope that Toyota keeps up the quality and avoids the road that Mercedes Benz went down. :chairshot:

Hi,

I am up to 287,000 miles. Still on the same shocks, exhaust system and fuel pump. Alternator, starter replaced once and power steering pump rebuilt once. I still love driving it! Pretty much everthing works on this car, except for a few burnt out dash lights, around the radio. Burns the same amount of oil since the day I got it at 115,550 miles. Awesome! Daffy :cheers:

Hi,

I forgot to tell you the year of my car, It's a 1991 Ls400.

Daffy

hi guys

246,000 km down here on 92 ls400.

done steer pump and rack recondition, plus starter recon, new fan hub, belts wires plugs and w pump.

shocks are a bit soggy on the highway, as are the bushes in the rear uprights.

Passengers always comment how quiet and smooth the car is.

still have a low power problem over 4000rpm that drives me nuts.

Am thinking wiring to cam and crank sensors could be the source.

any thoughts??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just bought a 94 LS400 Anniversary Edition last week from a friend who had it for 6 years, ~60K miles. It now has 133,600+ on the odometer and runs and handles absolutely fantastic for a 6 year old car. Oh wait... I just did some math. It took both hands and a few toes... Hey! This car is 13 years old! ;)

I have always had an affinity for this particular LS (pearl white / silver). Having been a passenger in it 4-5 days a week at lunch for 6 years, I know it is a solid car. So when he decided to sell it, I was first in line. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

Just purchased a 90 Ls400 with 210,000 on it. super deal at $1700. was expecting issues but car runs great and is clean. I could not be happier with this car.

I only drive 6000 a year, I could be driving this car for a looooooooooong time with proper maintenance.

I good friend of mine has 230,000 on his 2002 and drives about 50K per year with his sales job and is planning on keeping it for another year or 2. This is his 4th LS...1990, 1994, 1998 and now the '02, has never had any major repairs and swears that there really is not much difference in the ride between all 4!

I did a Google for high mileage and thought this was remarkable:

I am still driving my 1987 Honda Accord with 634,000 plus miles. The engine runs great and has never been opened. Repairs include timing belts, water pumps, altenators and suspension parts. The rotors are still original. My bigest problem is how to get rid of the car. I would like somthing newer. Honda is not yet interested in doing a commercial. It is hard to get rid of such a loyal car.

I previously owned a 1993 LS400 with 210,000 on it when I sold it.

I bought a used 2002 LS430 with 69,000 miles on it. It now has just over 100,000 on it and drives like new!!!

I love it but unfortunately we have to sell it. We got a new truck because of business purposes and now we have 3 vehicles, payments, and insurance...so I must sacrifice it. :cries:

:censored:

Edited by steviej
1. posting items for sale before post count =5. 2. wrong forum to post items for sale.

Just thought we'd have some fun. Blake918 has 250k on his car. Congrats....

I have 112k my 91LS-kinda feel like a rookie. What do the rest of you have?

:whistles:

I have 130,000mi on my 98 GS400. My wife has 95,000 on her 99 RX300. Both drive like we just broke them in!! :cheers:

• 1 month later...
Howdy,

Just purchased a 90 Ls400 with 210,000 on it. super deal at $1700. was expecting issues but car runs great and is clean. I could not be happier with this car.

I only drive 6000 a year, I could be driving this car for a looooooooooong time with proper maintenance.

I picked up a 92 LS400 for $1500.

It had 341k on the clock.

But it runs like a top and was pretty well taken care of. Save for this starter issue I'm dealing with, it needs only a few cosmetic touch-ups. :whistles:

82 BMW 7 series - 285K - sold

92 Chrysler minivan 201K - on last legs.....

01 LS430 - 101K counting on it to outlast everything :cheers:

keep changing oil regularly !

& other fluids, too.