How Should I Pimp My Sc400?

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm 17 and I drive a loaded 93 Lexus SC400. I have about $1800 to spend and I really wanted to PIMP my car before school starts. Does anyone know of any inexpensive ways I can make my car better. I want 18 inch chrome rim/tire set which will cost around $1000. Does anyone know of any good places online to buy rim/wheel set that will fit my car? Does anyone know a really nice brand of 18 inch chrome rims that won't set me back too much. Does anyone know the approximate price of LCD screens in the headrests and how much they cost to install? Do you think it's a good idea? Do you know a good place to get cheap LCD screens that will fit. My Nakamichi system makes like a "farting" noise when I turn the volume up past halfway when the bass and trebble are on max. Does anyone know what I can buy to make it louder and stronger base or should I just clean the speakers out. Does anyone know of any good mufflers for under $80?

Please let me know how to PIMP my ride. I would especially like to hear from one of the many Lexus owners that have already pimped their sc400/300.

Peace

My friend dont be silly... dont buy a muffler, that is a ricer thing to do, go for a cat back exhaust system...lookin between 450-1500 for one, go to nonturbo.com they have great stuff for your car. As for a decent LCD screen get ready to pop out a good 1000++ they get expensive. it sounds like your speakers are busted i would get new speakers, a alpine type R 10inch and have it installed in the spot of your old factory sub, and get a decent amp i recommend the MTX 4250 class D that is a digital amp...dont get a mono they go out to fast!! anything else let me know!!

oh boy...man...why do you need lcd screen in the headrest? your car isnt even a 4 door, they arent even close to cheap; well you could try your chances on ebay and get scammed but we wouldnt want that now would we. :whistles:

and no mufflers and cheap rims for you son. remember, you drive a lexus, dont downgrade yourself because you're feelin cheap, if you didnt want to spend money on mods and maintenance, you shouldnt have gotten an SC let alone a 4.0.

hope you learn something from this, it'll save you much embarrasment. B)

your not going to get very far with only 1800 you will find out that things are alot more expensive than you think as for some tvs check out www.autoaccessorystore.com and look under electronics you will find some good prices there and NEVER NEVER NEVER put a muffler tip on your lexus that will just degrade your car. last rims... i wouldnt suggest buying off line just go talk to a few local places for rims and you could prolly get some nice chrome 18s for around 1800 or maybe a little more. good luck with your 400

what part of li you in im in massapequa

go with some magnaflo mufflers and go get some custom cat back piping it will sound mean

if you dont have tints already get some for that black sc

but a nice set of chrome rims are going to be minimum 1500$...not to mention another 500-600 for a drop so your car doesnt look like a monster truck

im about to get a staggered setup of some kazeras soon not sure chrome or sliver wit machined lip

forget the headrest screens no point...look into a 7" touch screen for the dash,,,,pc hooked up to it if you want for mp3s, nac, movies and ish

ite peace

Yo thanks to you guys that gave me advice. I just stopped by circuit city just to get an idea (probly wouldn't buy from them) and they said a crazy soundsystem with 700 watt amp and sub and installation would cost like 700. They said i need to go to lexus to get speaker fixed (i might just buy new one). Thanks for the advice on the mufflers. I will try to get 2gs worth of rims/tires. I have winter blizzaks with 17 inch chrome rims so i might just hold off b/c those are going on in a few months. Plus i'm giving the car to my sister when i go to college next year. I will still look at some cheaper 18 chrome rims.

By the way Dutchmaster420 i'm in Setauket up in Suffolk County near Stony Brook/Port Jeff. Do you know any good stores on the island to get some of the stuff I need? My AIM is JRcards1 and my email is Rapdawg4life@yahoo.com

Peace ya'll

JR

Don't you think it'd be wiser to save the money for a rainy day, when you'll need to buy parts? Afterall, Lexus parts aren't exactly cheap anywhere.

Maybe I'm getting old at 31 but when you all "pimp-out" your rides it just looks classless and cheap. I dont see the fascination. I mean why dont you just get a cardboard hanging air freshener for the rearview mirror while your at it. A horrible waste of money. Spend that money on a supercharger or something cool.

Maybe I'm getting old at 31 but when you all "pimp-out" your rides it just looks classless and cheap. I dont see the fascination. I mean why dont you just get a cardboard hanging air freshener for the rearview mirror while your at it. A horrible waste of money. Spend that money on a supercharger or something cool.

werd to that. :)

"pimp-out" and lexus should't even be in the same sentence together. He should buy some springs and some nice wheels not some ghetto 18" chromeys

werd to that. :)

"pimp-out" and lexus should't even be in the same sentence together. He should buy some springs and some nice wheels not some ghetto 18" chromeys

AMEN.... lexus' are automatically pimp without having to pimp them out. :D

If you own a lexus you have to realize you're the example that all others want to follow. Mod your cars with taste if you have to change them at all. Maybe it's just me but I'm very happy with the way my 17" GS400 rims look on my '92 SC400.

I think this is the subject that wars are started over. For my disclaimer: "In my humble opinion," I can respect any car that has had the time and effort put into it by the owner. As for my "Lexus"(which is proudly marketed as a Toyota in Japan) i have put alot of time into it to make it into what I want it to be. Im sure that ive lost enough blood into that car to save a human life. Enough skin has been torn from my hands to.....well, nevermind. Thats sick and has nothing to do with the point. The point is that i put blood, sweat, and tears into my car to make it into something i want. I could care less what someone else thinks of my car since everyone had the option to buy one, but they didnt. They chose to buy something else cause thats what they liked. When they buy it, they see something in their car that they wont see in mine, because its theirs. Same as all men are created equal, so are cars. When i buy that car, it no longer belongs to Toyota Corp and it is no longer equal. It is mine and will be remade in my image how i see fit.

On that same note, "pimping," is a state of mind. Regardless if you have metallic green paint with gold metal flake and some hundred spoke daytons, or fresh off the factory blue with Lexus rims, youre still pimping your ride. Sticking up for your car when someone says its ugly is pimping your ride. Every time you look at your car and smile, deep down inside you know all you want to say is,"Damn, thats pimp."

But anyways....thats my humble opinion

You're kidding right? You don't pimp a Lexus! You drive it! Buy a Chevy and pimp that. What did you have in mind? Foxtails? Maybe a long antenna? C'mon be real, let your Lexus be a Lexus!

Most of us are older on the LOC, so that means having a pimp ride is meaningless to us.

Some of the above comments could be worded better, i think you will know who you are.

This isn't a honda board where we flame owners for opinons or taste to say we are better or an idea is stupidfor a mtter of taste.

So from here in please refrain from anything that is not what the topic starter asked for. Wether you belive it to be right or not ,their is no laws against it .

BTW 1800 will not pimp anything but a chevette ,so get some maintance done on the car before modifiying it as an older sc usually needs a few things first.

One thing to remeber if your car is more noticable to others it is also to theives ,jackases who kick and key cars, and just all arounds assssholes.

Chrome is like crap to flies they drool all over it.

One reason why i am trying to sell mine and get a more subtle look.