Ls400 Name Plate

kazools400

i've wanted to take off the L badge off the trunk lid, just to give the car a little cleaner look if not to cause some confusion (the only thing left to identify the car would be the L on the grill). if i did that, i'm worried that i'd have a bright white spot from where the emblem used to be, since the rest of the 14 yr old pearl white paint has probably become dull!

there are also 2 min. mounting holes behind the emblem. you must find a good way to make them 'disappear' if you wish to take off the emblem permanently.

Yeah -- I like the clean look as well.

kazools400, I have the same color as your LS (well mine is a 91 and looks better :-D) and I would love to get rid of that badge but besides welding and repainting, I have found no way of filling those holes.

I am a real freak for the clean, symetric look -- one of the reasons I HATE the antenna on the left hand side.

kazools400, I have the same color as your LS (well mine is a 91 and looks better :-D) and I would love to get rid of that badge but besides welding and repainting, I have found no way of filling those holes.

Hey LinuxFan -

I've only owned mine for 2 months now, but it's really pretty solid. One thing I really like about it is that it still has everything in the toolbox. The towel, flashlight and battery's for it are there and have never been removed from the shrink wrap. It also came with a full set of snow tires on real lexus rims. It came from an elderly man in Florida. I plan on making it mint by the time I'm done with it though.

How do you like Southfield? My wife is interviewing for a job in Southfield right now so we may be moving to that side of the state.

Southfield is nice -- especially if you work in the city too. Traffic is horrible on Southfield road, which runs into and becomes the freeway. That is my only complaint.

They pick up the garbage, and the schools are ok so you should enjoy it.

Ofcourse, you can find other cities around it, so check around and find the best option for you and the family.

Best to you.:-)