Things I do like!

Lexus Owners Club

16 hours ago, Bykfixer said:

190E8476-8644-4EEF-B833-BAAF685190D6.thumb.jpeg.38bec514604ffdee6e38015c271b2de0.jpegi

I like the sticker on my tool cart. 

How about this one? ....or did you see this, previously?

Ryan Gosling.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/21/2022 at 12:25 PM, Lexus Owners Club said:

Okay how about a positive thread of things we do like?
Let's keep it upbeat, no politics or religion (there's plenty of forums for them) 🙂

I'll start again!

Beer

Harleys

Lexus (of course)

....did I mention Beer yet?

Beer - Hopefully not when you are driving Harley or Lexus.

I like fresh air in the mountains and riding on mountain-bike.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 11:43 AM, Bykfixer said:

Is there any such thing as a boring bike?

79A118CA-E492-4E2F-97CB-E3F6275FF3FC.thumb.jpeg.cb1c7aa4ebedf60c06279fb62e7094f7.jpeg

a Torker bike-truck gets some maintenance

Right bike for wanted purpose, right equipment is better than any car. Fresh air, healthy exercise, no pollution (very little compared at least), possibility to go where cars cannot, where you can see immense beauty.

image.thumb.png.ed2873306a01ed4752fb0789967fe6fc.png

image.thumb.png.d2c9ac221d1dad0f319af21f16743b13.png

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 1:09 AM, RX400h said:

I have quite a few watches but rotate through 6, all high-contrast so they are easy to read at any distance. My two favorites are these:
The Seiko Kinetic watch cannot be wound using the knob or with a typical watch winder (You have to swing it back and forth many times.), so I experimented with various ways to move its pendulum frequently enough to charge its capacitor. It took playing around with a stepper motor and controller, as well as differently shaped motor attachments. Finally, I have something that works. I've sold at least 20 of them over the past year.

Seiko_IWC front.jpg

Seiko_IWC back.jpg

IWC make nice watches. Bought an automatic from them named Porsche Design made completely in titanium and it was great a couple of years. Then the titanium locks in the wrist band started to open and the watch was no longer precise, so asked how much to make the watch new again. More or less like Rolex they want such a horrible price that even though watches from IWC are not cheap I did not find it worth it.

My favourite watch is Omega Seamaster extremely thin and comfortable, my wife is mostly using a Rolex GMT Master but when dressing up she uses a tiny gold Omega with a black leather band. But with all the smartphones around watchmakers may have few customers left.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 2:02 PM, Bykfixer said:

I wore Seiko kinectics until the battery stopped taking a charge. I read online where to buy a battery and how to replace them but just never have. 

Quartz are good until the day you realize it stopped working 2 hours ago. 

I prefer hand wind watches but every one I own quits working long before it has unwound so I just stick with a solar watch or a quartz. 

Bought a moon watch (one like those used on the moon by astronauts) when they were just being sold and was surprised that it was not automatic and thus did not wind it up. Got tired of winding up when I found out why it did not function, so is now with somebody in family.

11 minutes ago, Lexus-CT said:

My favourite watch is Omega Seamaster extremely thin and comfortable

That's what i have  Seamaster Professional .  Bought it new many years ago, sold it and bought it back again as have never found a better alternative so will hang onto it now

• Like 1

Yesterday got a new phone (Nothing Phone (2)) and it sure is different to all the Samsung Notes and S- series I have had since I gave up the first edition of iPhone.

Transferred all data from old phone. Took maybe 15 minutes and the new was functioning perfect without having lost contacts, calendar, emails or anything. Not even my own personalized open and lock screens.

I just loved that.

Now I will have to see how I get along with the new very different phone. Very much different phone. Half price of the top Samsung but actually feels nicer and more like a piece of well-built metal glass thing than a plasticky glass thing. Paired it with my Sony earbuds and listen to music while writing this, so maybe not really concentrated.

Alan Walker and Charles Berthoud

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Now, after more than a month I will correct my first impressions that were much too positive.

The phone has an excellent screen and that is the best and maybe only part of the phone that is very first class.

The not so first-class part is audio, that is like in any other middle-class phone, far from perfect; the Bluetooth does deliver communication and audio to the car without problems, but does not deliver all info on the screen like the previous owned Samsung or the other Samsung my wife has.

The very poor thing in the phone is the camera software, and why I say it this way is why the hardware part of the camera is from SONY and the same hardware is excellent in other phones with same camera, but now ½ a year after the phone was introduced to the market the software has still not been upgraded, though on the Nothing forum almost everybody speaking about the camera in it mention that in low light the pictures are disastrous and even in daylight pictures outside, skin tones are completely wrong as are other parts of the colour spectrum.

When contacting the company, the answers you get are from a bot saying they are sorry for the problems and take the information serious and will correct.

Next phone will not come from Nothing company.

I know this has nothing to do with Lexus but is just friendly advice informing that I have made a mistake, and warn other in here to make the same.

• Like 1

Always good to hear feedback on any product as its always best to listen to advice before spending hard-earned cash on something that may or may not work to the standards that are advertised.

I have tended to stick to Apple iPhones over the past few years as they tend to be quite robust and reliable (bit like a Lexus really).
Albeit they do cost quite a bit of money, its the old adage....you get what you pay for!

2 hours ago, Lexus Owners Club said:

Always good to hear feedback on any product as its always best to listen to advice before spending hard-earned cash on something that may or may not work to the standards that are advertised.

I have tended to stick to Apple iPhones over the past few years as they tend to be quite robust and reliable (bit like a Lexus really).
Albeit they do cost quite a bit of money, its the old adage....you get what you pay for!

Have been changing batteries in Apple phones and am not impressed with the hardware in them. Samsung and SONY phones have hardware I think is OK. Apple have great software and that makes their camera function very well.

Nor do I like their policy that is prompting users to constantly buy new phones when all the old one needs is a new battery. The store from Apple does not allow owners of old phones install many of the apps they have in the store. No I do not at all like Apple. Apples are another matter. But I eat all and do not only take a little bite.

I think you pay far too much for the brand name. The computers are with low spec hardware and for the price of a MAC you can get a computer with more than twice the processor power and RAM and storage capacity and both Windows (which was good when Windows 7 Ultimate was what they made) and Linux are better than the IOS. Apple did try with Windows in their machines for reasons they did not talk much about. No Linux is not and probably will never be for more than the few that have many computers and do not mind spending time learning a rather not user friendly operation system.

Love my Samsung S23 Ultra for two main reasons:

1. The camera is amazing (10x optical zoom is just one reason.)

2. The stylus is so far beyond anything Apple has (which is no stylus).
I even use it to present Powerpoint slides. It does so many things!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RX400h said:

Love my Samsung S23 Ultra for two main reasons:

1. The camera is amazing (10x optical zoom is just one reason.)

2. The stylus is so far beyond anything Apple has (which is no stylus).
I even use it to present Powerpoint slides. It does so many things!

i think you'll find its 100x zoom... when you select 10, look right and you will see it goes up to 100.

Stylus is great, also use it on my touchscreen of my car as the screen is worn in the lower section and helps navigate easier without feeling you have sausages for fingers. Great phone

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steve said:

i think you'll find its 100x zoom... when you select 10, look right and you will see it goes up to 100.

Stylus is great, also use it on my touchscreen of my car as the screen is worn in the lower section and helps navigate easier without feeling you have sausages for fingers. Great phone

I thought the 100x zoom were digital from AI and not optical.

Still, next time need new phone it probably will be back to Samsung or a slight possibility it could be SONY. Still have a Vaio VGN-AW41XH-Q bought in 2008 or 9 functioning as fast as it did then. Windows 7 Ultimate, best Windows ever made; even today if you want to make a disk image to back your computer up and restore in Windows 11 you will use the windows 7 version of that:

image.thumb.png.6b3cf975dc8e2a0c4a3541ae22d5cf6c.png

The Vaio is with my little girl now.

14 hours ago, Steve said:

Yes, 10X is optical and beyond is digital. I believe. iPhones go up to 5X, only based upon what I've seen.

Other uses for the stylus:
Translate or zoom in imbedded text.
Mark up images with high precision.
Remotely take photos or videos from 20 ft away.
Take quick notes that you don't have to save; they are saved, automatically.

• 2 weeks later...