Need Some Help. Will Pay!

HNT

I need some help finding a specific car. I'd be happy to pay a finders fee as well. I am looking for an LS430 with the Ultra Luxury Package for $27k or less. I've found a few with 70k miles or more but since my plans are to keep the car for a long time, the lower the miles the better. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

I need some help finding a specific car. I'd be happy to pay a finders fee as well. I am looking for an LS430 with the Ultra Luxury Package for $27k or less. I've found a few with 70k miles or more but since my plans are to keep the car for a long time, the lower the miles the better. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Any particular year or color? Of course closer is better but will you pay to ship?

I guess 2002 - 2007. White or black are the preferred colors and yes I'd pay to ship or I'd fly out and drive home I guess. These are hard to find without high mileage.

Is the Modern Luxury lower than Ultra? I'm assuming so...but anyways here's one. I don't know exactly what options are in the Ultra but I found a few cars that fit your other criteria.

Black ones:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/1172153237.html

White ones:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/ctd/1178847682.html

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ctd/1177473539.html

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ctd/1164179490.html

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/ctd/1178445300.html

(this one is silver and a 2001, but only 15k original miles. May want to check it out)

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/ctd/1175265360.html

Yup , the Ultra package is the top of the line. It has a mini fridge, cruise control distance sensors, rear climate controls etc. I assume to match the big daddy 7 series and the Maybach type. I really appreciate the help. I have checked the usual suspects, autotrader, cars.com etc. but these Ultra's are rare. These are so close but not quite right for me. Almost there though...

They're not as rare as you think, a lot of sellers just don't know what they have.

For instance for a low mileage 2002 Ultra you'd be overpaying at 27k.

he is talking about mileage, not dollars...

Here are the numbers of Ultra Luxury LS430's by sales year that someone got from Lexus corporate and posted over on Clublexus:

2000= 2972

2001= 5857

2002= 4007

2003= 3467

2004= 1687

2005= 552

2006= 101

The Clublexus thread says the above figures are by "model year" but I think they really meant "sales year". After all, there was no LS430 for the 2000 model year -- at least not in North America. I once asked a similar question about LS400 variation numbers and the only figures Lexus corporate could provide were by "sales year".

I've seen a number of comments from UL owners about wishing that they hadn't bought the UL package. One comment from UL owners is that they never get to use the rear seat amenities themselves so why bother with it. The UL especially loses its luster as it ages and develops problems with the air suspension. Based on the threads I seen, the LS430 UL air suspension doesn't seem to hold up any better over time than it did on the LS400. There are now threads on how to replace a decaying LS430 UL air suspension with a steel spring suspension.

this guy has 3 posts? hmmm

Not sure what this means. I'm looking for a Lexus and this site was recommended as a good place to start. I just joined a few days ago. Anyway, I truly appreciate help and have no problem paying for it. The back seat appointments will be used. I've wanted this car for a long time and have grown impatient. This will be my fourth Lexus. I love the ride and reliability. My wife has adopted the GS so I'm hoping to have one of my one. The production numbers you provided were a pleasant surprise. Thanks again.

They're not as rare as you think, a lot of sellers just don't know what they have.

For instance for a low mileage 2002 Ultra you'd be overpaying at 27k.

he is talking about mileage, not dollars...

Last time I checked $27k means 27,000 dollars.

Python, thats not neccisary...all our members are welcome to post questions to the membership, even those with 3 posts.

Hi ... 17LexusOwner directed you to a car in Florida .... I just wanted to say that I have been following that particular eBay seller for over a year now .... he always has ultra clean, low milage, high end cars .... that is all he will take. I can not say I have used him to buy a car from ... yet .... but I think I would be willing to. I would check that listing out ...

Florida seems to be loaded with tons of low milage, high end cars ..... I am on eBay alot looking at Lexus LS model cars every week ..... seems like every time I find a perfect, low milage car is it from Florida .....

Good luck on your search .... perhaps you can show us some photos of the car you do finally get??? If you do happen to get that black LS in Florida ... it would be very interesting to find out how the whole transaction really went .....

:cheers:

I will keep everyone informed. I am arranging a PPI for the black one in Florida as we speak because you never know. It's just what I've been hoping to find.

I will keep everyone informed. I am arranging a PPI for the black one in Florida as we speak because you never know. It's just what I've been hoping to find.

Let us know, Bring your camera B)

I hope you paypal me if it works out ;)

Reading the options those LS430's have it makes me almost want to just ride in the back seat of one instead of drive it...almost.

I hope you paypal me if it works out ;)

Reading the options those LS430's have it makes me almost want to just ride in the back seat of one instead of drive it...almost.

i love an opportunist! B)

It doesn't look like they accepted my offer. I will speak with them directly tomorrow. I did find another one on Ebay if this one doesn't work out and it's $1000 cheaper. It's from Texas Direct and it's my understanding that they are a terrible dealer in terms of customer service but their cars are usually worth while. Here is the one I found. Any thoughts would be appreciated....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-LEXUS-...A1%7C240%3A1308