He thinks that my car can be fixed in less that or about 8 hours so I should not get a loaner, is that correct? What are the conditions for getting a loaner? This just weird and inapproperiate specially if I have to drive two hours to the dealership to leave the my car ther and drive back to work then drive back to the dealership, total 6 hrs which means a whole day!

Did anyone here experience such a pain?

He thinks that my car can be fixed in less that or about 8 hours so I should not get a loaner, is that correct? What are the conditions for getting a loaner? This just weird and inapproperiate specially if I have to drive two hours to the dealership to leave the my car ther and drive back to work then drive back to the dealership, total 6 hrs which means a whole day!

8 hours?! That's outrageous--you need to take that up the ladder. Acura used to tell me I couldn't have one if the work could be done in under 2 hours, which I found annoying, and *surprise* the salesman never mentioned it. I've had 3 different Lexus service loaners, and never had an issue, but I don't think that they would have been done in less than 2 hours each time.

I think it's set by the dealer, but if the dealer's rule was 8 hours, I would NEVER go there again, and I'd report them to corporate.

Why are you driving 2 hours to the dealer, if you live in Miami? There must be other Lexus dealers. At my dealer here in PA, if I schedule my appointment 3-4 weeks ahead of time, they pick up my car, and bring the loaner to me, and then bring my car back, and take the loaner when done, as long as I'm within 100 miles.

Never have that problem. Even just for a standard 5,000 mile service - I just ask for one when I make the appointment. Believe me it's built into the prices at Lexus - it isn't free....

I believe the official Lexus time-frame is 8 hours or overnight (exact wording is in the manual). So technically the service manager was correct about Lexus's policy, but most dealers give loaners for shorter repair periods.

I've never had this come up. My Lexus tech admittadly takes good care of me though. If I call him ahead of time and let him know I'm coming in, he has a loaner sitting right in front of his office for me. The length of my service visit has never been a question. And it was my understanding that the loaner program was for their benefit also. Letting you take the loaner takes alot of the pressure off to get your car done right away. With you able to continue your day, they can pretty much get to your car when they can as opposed to when they have to because the customer is in the lobby waiting.

That's outrageous you should contact lexus and BASH them this is unacceptable

It depends on the dealer. As per Lexus they have to provide a loaner for warranty work of 8 hours or more. Most dealers do provide loaners for everything, some offer small fee loaners. They don't have to though.

If you have an issue with it take your business elsewhere, but they don't HAVE to give you a loaner.

It depends on the dealer. As per Lexus they have to provide a loaner for warranty work of 8 hours or more. Most dealers do provide loaners for everything, some offer small fee loaners. They don't have to though.

If you have an issue with it take your business elsewhere, but they don't HAVE to give you a loaner.

What have been said above is all correct; the warranty states it clear and I consider this is unacceptable. The salesman gave me a totally different story. He said anytime bring your car in for service leave it over there in front of the door with the key inside, come in to the lounge set back and relax until service people come to talk with you. Then get a loaner car, same model or better drive away and you'll get a call when your car is ready. When the service is finished a thorough and neat car was will be serviced.

Now I did not read the service warranty before I purchased the car. This is a flat blackmail. It should not be the dealership call to give me a loaner or not. What if I live in a remote town that has no access to many dealers except one that is a jerk?

When you call Corporate Lexus they tell you we apologize but, but...and they try to resolve the issue for the time being.

Yeah, here in Southern California, I go to Crown Lexus (I know the service man's name, lol, and he knows me), and I can get a loaner for the oil change service. I tried Riverside Lexus once, and they wouldn't give me a loaner for an oil change. Guess where I went?

I think it is the dealership's thing, and not Lexus. I'd be hounding the general manager of the dealership and giving him a piece of my mind. That is not service whatsoever. You're driving two hours each way, and the service takes the day. Is it warrantied service, or just an oil change? That would mean a difference, too, for some dealers.

Time frame and loaner policies change per dealership. I remember back when my dealer was runned by the old management, their rules were

1.Minimum 6 hr job

2. Vehicle was bought from dealership (total discrimination)

But the new management changed it to:

1. minimum 4 hr job

2. Vehicle DOES NOT have to be purchased from the dealer to avail of loaner services

3. Just mention it when you make the appointment, and they will reserve one for you.

It should not be the dealership call to give me a loaner or not. What if I live in a remote town that has no access to many dealers except one that is a jerk?

The dealership is an independent business, how can it not be their call about loaners? Lexus doesn't own the dealerships, they are all independent.

You can always rent a car if its that much of an issue. Or why not try finding an independent mechanic and only use the dealer for warranty work? I would never pay dealer prices if I wasn't getting a loaner.

Businesses can operate however they want, they don't OWE you a certain type of service. If you're unhappy with the service, let your wallet speak for you and take your business elsewhere.

I don't know if its still this way, but it used to be a lot of BMW dealers would only give loaners to 7 series owners.

What have been said above is all correct; the warranty states it clear and I consider this is unacceptable. The salesman gave me a totally different story. He said anytime bring your car in for service leave it over there in front of the door with the key inside, come in to the lounge set back and relax until service people come to talk with you. Then get a loaner car, same model or better drive away and you'll get a call when your car is ready. When the service is finished a thorough and neat car was will be serviced.

Now I did not read the service warranty before I purchased the car. This is a flat blackmail. It should not be the dealership call to give me a loaner or not. What if I live in a remote town that has no access to many dealers except one that is a jerk?

When you call Corporate Lexus they tell you we apologize but, but...and they try to resolve the issue for the time being.

We all should know better to take a salesman's word, without independent verification. My dealer definitely DOES NOT give you the same car or better. They have IS(250 only), ES or RX--that's it.

Take your biz elsewhere, and tell the GM you are doing it and why.

Time frame and loaner policies change per dealership. I remember back when my dealer was runned by the old management, their rules were

Yeah--how dumb is this? All the $$ they make off service, they should be trying to ENTICE people who bought elsewhere.

My dealer definitely DOES NOT give you the same car or better. They have IS(250 only), ES or RX--that's it.

They give you the same TYPE of car, at least mine does.

IS or ES for sedans, RX for SUVs, and mine has a few RX400hs for hybrid owners.

BUT, the dealer isn't going to use $70,000 LS460s as loaners for instance...

My dealer definitely DOES NOT give you the same car or better. They have IS(250 only), ES or RX--that's it.

They give you the same TYPE of car, at least mine does.

IS or ES for sedans, RX for SUVs, and mine has a few RX400hs for hybrid owners.

BUT, the dealer isn't going to use $70,000 LS460s as loaners for instance...

I wanted a GS, but was out of luck.

You guys should be appreciative with ANY loaner given! LOL. At my dealership, it's either an ES350 or RX350.. No IS250s or 400Hs. Although there are a FEW RX and ES loaners with Navi, and I'm kinda jealous that they havent given me one of those as a loaner.. <_< hehe.

I have a Honda and Toyota to go along with my GX, and when I take those in for service, I do not get a loaner even if they take a day to fix. Well to my luck, I know my local Honda dealer, and dealt with them since 1993 so the guys there give me all the freebies, and I was able to take a loaner Honda Accord for the one day they had to keep my Odyssey. :D

SW, it's possible that BMW did (and some may still do) that, but I know the local BMW dealership here didnt start giving out rental cars (and a very few select BMW loaners) till about a couple years ago lol. That probably explains why I see a lot of rental Mazda 6's in the back service area with consecutive license plate numbers lol. :P The loaner X3s and 328i probably goes to the 7series owners :( lol

Yeah--how dumb is this? All the $$ they make off service, they should be trying to ENTICE people who bought elsewhere.

It's all dealer discretion. If management isnt the best, then that's the result. Heck I gave the old management the chance to sell me my RX300 but they wouldnt even lower the price down a penny, so I had to go down south to pick up my RX300 for $2000 less. :)

Also, my Lexus dealer is the ONLY Lexus dealer in Fresno,CA unless you are willing to drive 100miles south to the next nearest Lexus dealership lol

I dont take mine to Lexus alot because of the distance of where I live ... but even the Toyota dealer I go to will give me a loaner for ...I think its like under thirty bucks a day and sometimes depending if its just for a quick run around town wont charge anything.... and thats for any reason I take it in... Now I live about two hours from the closest Lex dealer to me and they will give a loaner for oil change or any reason...(as long as I reserve one when I call on lil service jobs..due to availability...) and I understand that completely due to the size of his lot being huge..no telling how many he would have out if he didnt limit it.. :)

It's all dealer discretion. If management isnt the best, then that's the result. Heck I gave the old management the chance to sell me my RX300 but they wouldnt even lower the price down a penny, so I had to go down south to pick up my RX300 for $2000 less. :)

Also, my Lexus dealer is the ONLY Lexus dealer in Fresno,CA unless you are willing to drive 100miles south to the next nearest Lexus dealership lol

If THAT dealer does drop off/pick up for service in a 100 mi radius, absolutely! In the Philly area, there are 5-6 dealers in the metro area, and one of them has a 2 hr radius, the another has a 100 mi radius. The dealer I bought from is about 35 miles from my house, and they will pick up my car for service. I just need to schedule my appt about 3-4 weeks in advance, because I learned they only schedule 2 pick ups per day, and not on Saturdays.