Get Rid Of Your Lexus, Buy Your Ford And Be Quiet Already!

I love my 2006 RX 400h. I tried other cars, other makes but Lexus has been wonderful and my dealership has been tops. After buying my "Princess" I found this forum. I had been a part of the PT Cruiser forum and loved it except some of the people started to get really obnoxious. Well, I figured it was because it was such a "regular guys" kind of car, if that makes sense. Anyway, I eventually found this great Lexus club site and it is great for getting info and asking questions but lately, maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are harsh criticisms and inappropriate exchanges and maybe it's the cowards way, anonymity seems to bring out the "Brave" in people, but it's too much. What I wanted was a supportive group and an exchange of ideas and how-tos, clever fixes, novel add ons, whatever. We know that machines aren't perfect but I hate coming on to see if there's new info or something that might fix a problem or such only to find instead bashing and not constructive comments. I know that I for one was irritated by the rattles that I had when I bought this great car but instead I fixed all three rattle sources and posted all of my easy "Fix its" and my car is silent. I posted pictures of my body add-ons and the item by item price etc.. Anyway, the point is is that if you have such a big gripe about your Lexus, simply get your BMW again or MB. Buy the Ford Escape, the Hyundai, the Yugo, the whatever that you want. If you can afford this car, you are one of the fortunate people on this planet. I was born in another country, there is a lot more to gripe about for others than their luxury vehicles. May you find peace and the perfect car. It's been swell and I thank everyone for all of the constructive help that I have received but it is just too negative and nasty at times here. It's all good and I will look forward to driving my beautiful 400h with my gal to see my ol' dad on Father's Day tomorrow , spend a lovely day thanking the Lord for life and for the fact that I still have my parents with me and have good food, family and friends to enjoy and the fact that I live so nicely here and even,finally get to drive a nice car. Good bye, Rey

If you are a student of human behavior, automobile forums are a great place to study. The anonymity combined with a man's feeling that he has to be an expert in things automotive often brings out aggression and defensiveness when others don't agree. This I have not seen in other types of forums. I belong to a computer forum and everyone is extremely helpful, courteous and kind. Happy Father's Day to all.

Wyle

That's such an interesting observation and now that I think about it, in art forums or digital designer forums everyone is more humble and helpful. Hmm, so interesting. Just the same, I miss getting help from the guys here. As I said though, it's simply too uncivil most of the time and it was bringing me down. No one likes to feel ripped off and especially from other Lexus owners. I spent a lot of money on this car and I feel great about it, well until after this creepy negative forum. My sister has a MB and I have friends with BMWs and they all have complaints. The fact is that we should just see that we have a great life to be a part of and this kind of negativity was simply getting tiresome. But to each his own and I do wish everyone much happiness. Rey

I love my 2006 RX 400h. I tried other cars, other makes but Lexus has been wonderful and my dealership has been tops. I then looked and found this forum. I had been a part of the PT Cruiser forum and loved it except some of the people started to get really obnoxious. Well, I figured it was because it was such a "regular guys" kind of car, if that makes sense. Anyway, I eventually found this great Lexus club site and it is great for getting info and asking questions but lately, maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are harsh criticisms and inappropriate exchanges and maybe it's the cowards way, anonymity seems to bring out the "Brave" in people, but it's too much. What I wanted was a supportive group and an exchange of ideas and how-tos, clever fixes, novel add ons, whatever. We know that machines aren't perfect but I hate coming on to see if there's new info or something that might fix a problem or such only to find instead bashing and not constructive comments. I know that I for one was irritated by the rattles that I had when I bought this great car but instead I fixed all three rattle sources and posted all of my easy "Fix its" and my car is silent. I posted pictures of my body add-ons and the item by item price etc.. Anyway, the point is is that if you have such a big gripe about your Lexus, simply get your Mercedes again, buy the Ford Escape, the Hyundai, the Yugo, the whatever that you want. If you can afford this car, you are one of the fortunate people on this planet. I was born in another country, there is a lot more to gripe about for others than their luxury vehicles. May you find peace and the perfect car. It's been swell and I thank everyone for all of the constructive help that I have received but it is just too negative and nasty at times here. It's all good and I will look forward to driving my beautiful 400h with my gal to see my ol' dad on Father's Day tomorrow , spend a lovely day thanking the Lord for life and for the fact that I still have my parents with me and have good food, family and friends to enjoy and the fact that I live so nicely here and even,finally get to drive a nice car. Good bye, Rey

If you are a student of human behavior, automobile forums are a great place to study. The anonymity combined with a man's feeling that he has to be an expert in things automotive often brings out aggression and defensiveness when others don't agree. This I have not seen in other types of forums. I belong to a computer forum and everyone is extremely helpful, courteous and kind. Happy Father's Day to all.

Wyle

I love my 2006 RX 400h. I tried other cars, other makes but Lexus has been wonderful and my dealership has been tops. I then looked and found this forum. I had been a part of the PT Cruiser forum and loved it except some of the people started to get really obnoxious. Well, I figured it was because it was such a "regular guys" kind of car, if that makes sense. Anyway, I eventually found this great Lexus club site and it is great for getting info and asking questions but lately, maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are harsh criticisms and inappropriate exchanges and maybe it's the cowards way, anonymity seems to bring out the "Brave" in people, but it's too much. What I wanted was a supportive group and an exchange of ideas and how-tos, clever fixes, novel add ons, whatever. We know that machines aren't perfect but I hate coming on to see if there's new info or something that might fix a problem or such only to find instead bashing and not constructive comments. I know that I for one was irritated by the rattles that I had when I bought this great car but instead I fixed all three rattle sources and posted all of my easy "Fix its" and my car is silent. I posted pictures of my body add-ons and the item by item price etc.. Anyway, the point is is that if you have such a big gripe about your Lexus, simply get your Mercedes again, buy the Ford Escape, the Hyundai, the Yugo, the whatever that you want. If you can afford this car, you are one of the fortunate people on this planet. I was born in another country, there is a lot more to gripe about for others than their luxury vehicles. May you find peace and the perfect car. It's been swell and I thank everyone for all of the constructive help that I have received but it is just too negative and nasty at times here. It's all good and I will look forward to driving my beautiful 400h with my gal to see my ol' dad on Father's Day tomorrow , spend a lovely day thanking the Lord for life and for the fact that I still have my parents with me and have good food, family and friends to enjoy and the fact that I live so nicely here and even,finally get to drive a nice car. Good bye, Rey

Wyle

That's such an interesting observation and now that I think about it, in art forums or digital designer forums everyone is more humble and helpful. Hmm, so interesting. Just the same, I miss getting help from the guys here. As I said though, it's simply too uncivil most of the time and it was bringing me down. No one likes to feel ripped off and especially from other Lexus owners. I spent a lot of money on this car and I feel great about it, well until after this creepy negative forum. My sister has a MB and I have friends with BMWs and they all have complaints. The fact is that we should just see that we have a great life to be a part of and this kind of negativity was simply getting tiresome. But to each his own and I do wish everyone much happiness. Rey

Wyle

BBS decorum. Interesting subject. I've been on the Internet in similar sites for years. There will always be nasty people posting obnoxious text and commentary. Controversial topics, which most are or become, will bring out the self-proclaimed experts. If you are overly sensitive to this unfortunate reality, then you will be offended, defensive, and over react.

As automotive related sites go, this site is one of the more civil I've been on, and probably because we have some great moderators and managers. I commend them for their work, I'm sure it's not an easy or fun job.

And, I assume also that the people who would frequent a Lexus site would be interested or own a Lexus, and that they may have just a tad more interest in understanding the "owneship" issues of a more expensive vehicle.

I know that since I spend lots of time communicating via email in my career, I am never suprised to get a response from one of my emails that clearly was because the person reading it didn't understand my message, or read something into it that wasn't there, or imagined a "tone" because they don't know how I think. Without voice intonation, it can be difficult for the average "non-literary" genius to compose words that say everything want to say without writing a novel.

Rey, remember.... if it weren't for those "evil, wicked, nasty" people, us good people wouldn't go to heaven!

That's just my worthless opinion.

Thanks so much Randy, maybe I will just filter things out because I really do like a lot of the people that I've "met" here and people such as yourself that are warm and helpful. I was just taken aback and was in a sensitive mode that day anyway. I'll go see my folks today, eat a lot, laugh a lot and every once in a while look out the window and smile at my 400h. Have a glorious day, Rey

post-26996-1213539568_thumb.jpg

Wyle

BBS decorum. Interesting subject. I've been on the Internet in similar sites for years. There will always be nasty people posting obnoxious text and commentary. Controversial topics, which most are or become, will bring out the self-proclaimed experts. If you are overly sensitive to this unfortunate reality, then you will be offended, defensive, and over react.

As automotive related sites go, this site is one of the more civil I've been on, and probably because we have some great moderators and managers. I commend them for their work, I'm sure it's not an easy or fun job.

And, I assume also that the people who would frequent a Lexus site would be interested or own a Lexus, and that they may have just a tad more interest in understanding the "ownership" issues of a more expensive vehicle.

I know that since I spend lots of time communicating via email in my career, I am never suprised to get a response from one of my emails that clearly was because the person reading it didn't understand my message, or read something into it that wasn't there, or imagined a "tone" because they don't know how I think. Without voice intonation, it can be difficult for the average "non-literary" genius to compose words that say everything you want to say without writing a novel.

Rey, remember.... if it weren't for those "evil, wicked, nasty" people, us good people wouldn't go to heaven!

That's just my worthless opinion.

Randy I agree with you, I've made that same comment before about misconceived tones and inflections.

Rey, sorry you feel that way and hate to see you leave

If you want to see the wild side, go to a Ford Truck site: They are the most obnoxious bunch ever, If it isnt Motorcraft, Ford, etc. you are dead meat. Quite frankly the world is not a friendly place, from my years of experience I always treat folks correctly, but get over it and get some thick skin....Build a bridge and get over it....

If you want to see the wild side, go to a Ford Truck site: They are the most obnoxious bunch ever, If it isnt Motorcraft, Ford, etc. you are dead meat. Quite frankly the world is not a friendly place, from my years of experience I always treat folks correctly, but get over it and get some thick skin....Build a bridge and get over it....

You are so right...I do need to toughen up... I live in L.A. for Pete's sake! I have actually succeeded in one of the most difficult areas to live in,especially as a nice person! I am a tiger at work though and I just love those times when I don't have to have tough skin and can just enjoy decent conversations. Thanks for the advice and I will take it with a humble heart. I was just in a down mood when I came upon the negative posts and lashed out in a "Can't we just get along" kind of way. But it's all good and I am not as fragile as I come across. The secret to my success and the leisurely, wonderful life that I have in a place like L.A. is that I have a healthy balance of thick and thin skin...if that's possible...I guess everything is metaphorically,ey? OK, back to life and all of its wonders.....Rey Bustos, happy Lexus owner in crazy L.A.

post-26996-1213547766_thumb.jpg

We also work very hard to get rid of elements here that cause our members problems. If you see people who post just to slam cars and be trolls, tell us and we'll deal with it.

we're not in the business of stifling people's opinions, but if people are being abusive and disrespectful we'll do away with them...

You are so right...I do need to toughen up... I live in L.A. for Pete's sake! I have actually succeeded in one of the most difficult areas to live in,especially as a nice person! I am a tiger at work though and I just love those times when I don't have to have tough skin and can just enjoy decent conversations. Thanks for the advice and I will take it with a humble heart. I was just in a down mood when I came upon the negative posts and lashed out in a "Can't we just get along" kind of way. But it's all good and I am not as fragile as I come across. The secret to my success and the leisurely, wonderful life that I have in a place like L.A. is that I have a healthy balance of thick and thin skin...if that's possible...I guess everything is metaphorically,ey? OK, back to life and all of its wonders.....Rey Bustos, happy Lexus owner in crazy L.A.

Rey,

Don't leave we need and appreciate people like you, your exploits with your RX, like the sound deadening, roof rack removal and your super looking front and rear bumper mods have been very helpful, I really love your bumper mods. I know I responded to Mitch about his gripes and as for the Nav, while I like my Acura better, I don't think Mitch even read the manual, its not that bad if you know how to use it. You can do searches like you said anywhere if you put in the city name first. I added the lockpick 3 basic to my 08RX and I find the system works quite well if you just read the manual on how the system works. All except the voice command part, mine doesn't understand what I ask it and neither does my Acura.

I do believe however like others have said, this site is much more civil then most of the other car sites, and I also believe there are people out there who just post stuff to antagonize people who like the product.

Anyway don't let them get to you don't leave just ignore people like Mitch.

Dennis

Rey,

Don't leave we need and appreciate people like you, your exploits with your RX, like the sound deadening, roof rack removal and your super looking front and rear bumper mods have been very helpful, I really love your bumper mods. I know I responded to Mitch about his gripes and as for the Nav, while I like my Acura better, I don't think Mitch even read the manual, its not that bad if you know how to use it. You can do searches like you said anywhere if you put in the city name first. I added the lockpick 3 basic to my 08RX and I find the system works quite well if you just read the manual on how the system works. All except the voice command part, mine doesn't understand what I ask it and neither does my Acura.

I do believe however like others have said, this site is much more civil then most of the other car sites, and I also believe there are people out there who just post stuff to antagonize people who like the product.

Anyway don't let them get to you don't leave just ignore people like Mitch.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis and all of you for the great response...now this is more like it eh? A bunch of wonderful people that just want to add to life not make it distasteful. There is enough nastiness in the world without complaining about a 50K car! Tom is right, the moderators are doing a great job. Instead of me complaining about the one or two negatives, I will now highlight the good and kind people that I meet here...dammit....That's my new approach...thanks again everyone..."Reyjavou"...that just means that I am back....

post-26996-1213575745_thumb.jpg

We also work very hard to get rid of elements here that cause our members problems. If you see people who post just to slam cars and be trolls, tell us and we'll deal with it.

we're not in the business of stifling people's opinions, but if people are being abusive and disrespectful we'll do away with them...

Steve, I am sorry, by focusing on what I didn't like I inadvertently insulted you and I didn't mean that at all. You do a great job and I do know how hard it must be to keep the dialogues moving without censorship. Everyone was right in reminding me that all in all this is a very civil forum considering anyone can come in from all over and put their two cents worth in...including me. I was able to state my displeasure without anyone getting uncivil or nasty towards me and that is the best thing that I have now found out about this site and you good folk. We all have an opinion and it is up to each one of us to filter out what we don't like and make sure that any unwarranted and or disrespectful or offensive comments be dealt with by the moderators. Anyway, I hope all of you dads had a fab day and all of you that are still blessed with having your dads, were able to personally give them a big squeeze....I know I did. Warmly, Rey

Come on down to OC Rey, I'll buy you a nice civil cup of java jo . . . & do some friendly yackin'.

rey please don't leave we need you intuition and help on these forums!! I try my best to post up how-to and do-it-yourself tech articles, forums should be all about learning more and sharing our knowledge of how to defeat lexus not bashing the lexus itself. its a lovely car if you dont like it go discuss on other forums eg the HH forum...

this is the LEXUS OWNERS CLUB!! if you don't own a Rx400h or don't plan on buying one anytime soon why would anyone be trolling around here anyway?

I think this is one of the most civil forums around. Everyone is willing to give a helping hand in whatever form they can.

I haen't been here that long and I wasn't comfortable in forums, because of all the bashing and such, one could not say anything with out being rumbled.

I'm truely impressed and comfortable being here.

RXREY just ignore those that are trolls and stay.

And to all the LOC management team,

THANK YOU

wow, all of this started with me getting a little discouraged at the way some of the discourse was going and now I feel as though I have a whole bunch of good "Forum Friends"! I am so glad that I mentioned my dilemma in that I now can see just how many wonderful people there are here in this forum. So my advice to those that do have a gripe, go ahead, why not, it's fun to vent... but please remember to append it with a solution or a call for an answer... something positive at the very least. Isn't that more logical? Otherwise we are mere children, spoiled children, venting without thinking. The key is to have an opinion, state it respectfully, add some bit of edifying insight or ask if anyone can help and then move on. This isn't anything other than a car forum. As we have already stated, anyone so upset and unsatisfied with their Lexus, why whine? GET ANOTHER CAR! If you were able to buy a Lexus, you can get something that will keep you from pulling your hair out, for the love of Mike! You either have to be very stupid or a liar to bash a car company so badly to that point , I can almost see a forehead vein popping through some of the posts I've read. It is totally irrational and immature. I am glad that I am back and that I can once again learn from all of you good folk. After 2 1/2 years I am still loving my 400h and I am planning on having it another ten years. The first Toyota that I owned, I had for 13 years... and when I bought that, a 1970 Corona Mark IV, it was already a 7 year old car! Toodle-loo from L.A......Reyjavou

post-26996-1213652084_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Wow, talk about a weirdo thread. I think this all is a practical joke in my opinion but in case it isn't here are MY thoughts. Rey, if you truly own an RX and are serious about your rants, no wait let me just be blunt. If you own an RX by your own choice (not motivated by your wife or children)and are a male you suck, plain and simple. The RX is a soccer mom entry level Lexus and any car enthusiast would never consider buying one for pleasure. And for everyone else on here getting annoyed by this, simply ignore it because from the sound of it this is a joke thread LOL. Hopefully the administrator will boot this guy. Toodle loo to you too .....

You will be getting the boot if you keep it up...you have been warned. Watch calling members names like the one I had to edit.

Yeah the only person in danger of getting the boot here is you Bwilliams.

I took the edit one step further to remove a personal attack.

The only warning Bwilliams...and its the banned for you.

EDIT...I just saw the word that LEXI removed...we're going to go ahead and ban this guy now.