Tell Me What You Think

detaildoc

I just finished detailing my car. After all the swirl marks and scratches (inside and out) from the idiots at the car wash, I decided to invest on some detailing products and do everything myself. I bought everything from autopia and used mostly Sonus products. I love this stuff, although very pricey (since the bottles are small), everything is very mild and cleans very well without scratching your car, great scent and easy to use. You can't put a price on a job well done and peace of mind. Here is what I used:

For washing and drying:

Genuine Wool Wash Mitt

OXO Wash Brush

Sonus Gloss Shampoo

Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel

Tires:

OXO Tire & Wheel Brush

Sonus Rim Bright

Sonus Tire & Bumper Dressing Gel (also used on rubber moldings around the doors)

1-inch Round Natural Detail Brush

Leather interior:

Sonus SFX Professional Applicator

Sonus Leather Cleaner

Sonus Leather Conditioner

Vinyl and plastic:

Sonus Ultimate Detailing Towels

Sonus Cockpit Detailer

Sonus Total Eclipse

Two-Way Mini Detail Brush

Glass and Plastic:

Sonus Vision Glass & Plastic Cleaner

Carpet and floor mats:

303 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner

Polishing:

Ultimate Detailing Machine DAS Polisher Kit

Sonus SFX-2 Enhance Swirl Remover

Sonus Paintwork Cleanser

Sonus Der Wunder Applicator

Waxing:

Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax

Two-Way Mini Detail Brush and the Crack & Crevice Detail Brush to remove residues from hard to reach places.

Here are some pics I took. Tell me what you think. There was no sun out when I took the pics, so you can't appreciate the shine very much, but trust me, this stuff left my car looking very shinny and sharp.

post-52361-1191117020_thumb.jpg

post-52361-1191117032_thumb.jpg

post-52361-1191117041_thumb.jpg

post-52361-1191117052_thumb.jpg

post-52361-1191117062_thumb.jpg

post-52361-1191117072_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
Looks wet! Keep us posted on longevity!

Just a FYI, this is like crack here. Try other products and see what happens. Try JW, Clearkote, Optimum, swisswax, CG, to name a few.

Also Autopia is the BOMB on car stuff. Love the place.

Superb, Like Showroom B)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I just finished detailing my car. After all the swirl marks and scratches (inside and out) from the idiots at the car wash, I decided to invest on some detailing products and do everything myself. I bought everything from autopia and used mostly Sonus products. I love this stuff, although very pricey (since the bottles are small), everything is very mild and cleans very well without scratching your car, great scent and easy to use. You can't put a price on a job well done and peace of mind. Here is what I used:

For washing and drying:

Genuine Wool Wash Mitt

OXO Wash Brush

Sonus Gloss Shampoo

Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel

Tires:

OXO Tire & Wheel Brush

Sonus Rim Bright

Sonus Tire & Bumper Dressing Gel (also used on rubber moldings around the doors)

1-inch Round Natural Detail Brush

Leather interior:

Sonus SFX Professional Applicator

Sonus Leather Cleaner

Sonus Leather Conditioner

Vinyl and plastic:

Sonus Cockpit Detailer

Sonus Total Eclipse

Two-Way Mini Detail Brush

Glass and Plastic:

Sonus Vision Glass & Plastic Cleaner

Carpet and floor mats:

303 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner

Polishing:

Ultimate Detailing Machine DAS Polisher Kit

Sonus SFX-2 Enhance Swirl Remover

Sonus Paintwork Cleanser

Waxing:

Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax

Two-Way Mini Detail Brush and the Crack & Crevice Detail Brush to remove residues from hard to reach places.

Here are some pics I took. Tell me what you think. There was no sun out when I took the pics, so you can't appreciate the shine very much, but trust me, this stuff left my car looking very shinny and sharp.

This is REALLY impressive! I was hoping to can give me some advice on my car. I've been detailing cars for the past 5 years as my side job while I go to school. I just about know most every trick to detailing cars. My question deals with acid rain and other clear coat blemishes. My car, 07 Lexus ES350, is forced to be parked outside all day every day of the school year! Now I am very particular with my car, and I polish it and wax it often. I even clay barred it a couple of weeks ago (the first time since I got it) but I am really worries about the acid rain spots on the hood and trunk. also, anything else that may cause blemishes on the top painted parts, eg. droppings. Is there something that will TOTALLY remove this stuff? I'm just trying to maintain the car, it's not bad at all, but I don't want it to get bad and I have noticed a few water spots!!! I've heard of polishers and what not but I DON'T want to scratch my finish! any advice on perfecting my car would be greatly appreciated!

Also, what is your opinion on some of the things I have used to detail the car in the past?

Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner.

Mother's clay bar and spray wax

Duragloss clear coat polish

Meguiars nxt 2.0 tech wax

meguiars wheel cleaner

ONE MORE THING LOL! What do you BEST recommend for cleaning wheels? I have the UL package with the graphite wheels. I wanted something that would do a fantastic job cleaning the rims and a tire shine that will look glossy and wet without the sling!! If there is such a thing lol

Thanks,

Kyle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...