I'm Gonna Be A Dad!

nc211

Today is my 34th birthday, and my loving wife has given me the BEST birthday gift any man could ever hope for.....

I'M GONNA BE A DAD!!!! :D :cheers:

My head is spinning with excitement! If the jet lag from our trip wasn't enough to keep me awake tonight!!!

Thanks amigo! It hasn't fully hit me, I'm still in shock! Our first child! She's about 5 weeks, and every home test she's taken says yes. I guess she had a sneaking feeling on our trip, and on Monday when we got back, she went up to the store to buy some food "or so I thought", but also bought a few of those tests. They all came back positive. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to tell my parents that they're finally going to be grandparents. Probably one of the best moments of my life. We're due in May! Just think, a little NC211 jr. hanging out in the garage with Pops, changin' oil and cleaning PVC pipes together! Ahhh, maybe I'll get him a little pnumatic air hammer! Hahaaaa... If it is a boy of course. :cheers:

This is going to take a few days to sink in......

Congrats to you SK! We can compare diaper changing stories soon! Maybe one day our kids will compare their flying Lexus LS900s together! I can see it now, us oldies saying things like "I remember when "d" meant drive, not "departure"." :lol:

Today is my 34th birthday, and my loving wife has given me the BEST birthday gift any man could ever hope for.....

I'M GONNA BE A DAD!!!! :D :cheers:

My head is spinning with excitement! If the jet lag from our trip wasn't enough to keep me awake tonight!!!

Congrats Amigo :cheers: You are truly a very fortunate couple. ;)

hey congratulations!!

I was over the moon when mine was born... best thing ever happened to me.. best bit is when you leave work to go home every evening and you look forward to see your baby. what a feeling!!

BTW i am not naming my child alexus !

LOL

haha, I never thought about that.. :ph34r: lol.. I can only imagine the longest wait ever for both of you guys! lol.. Heck, I'm about to acquire another vehicle over here, and waiting around 3-5 more days is killing me!!! <_< <_<

No need to apologize at all SK! I'm glad to have someone to share the next several months with who is going through what I'll be going through! We told her dad last night at his birthday party....it was great! He was in shock all night long, and I suspect it'll hit him sometime today. I asked just one favor from my wife over the next 8 months, to give me a 20 second head start when the hormones kick in and she wants to rip my head off for what I've done to her! Hahaha!!!! I'm going to buy a cup and wear it for a while, just in case!

Now that I've had some time to absorb this, and finally got some sleep last night, I gotta' tell you guys....... I'M STOKED! CAN'T WAIT! THIS ROCKS!!

No need to apologize at all SK! I'm glad to have someone to share the next several months with who is going through what I'll be going through! We told her dad last night at his birthday party....it was great! He was in shock all night long, and I suspect it'll hit him sometime today. I asked just one favor from my wife over the next 8 months, to give me a 20 second head start when the hormones kick in and she wants to rip my head off for what I've done to her! Hahaha!!!! I'm going to buy a cup and wear it for a while, just in case!

Now that I've had some time to absorb this, and finally got some sleep last night, I gotta' tell you guys....... I'M STOKED! CAN'T WAIT! THIS ROCKS!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers: Stock up on Cheetos and beer :lol::lol::lol:

Congrats to you SK! We can compare diaper changing stories soon! Maybe one day our kids will compare their flying Lexus LS900s together! I can see it now, us oldies saying things like "I remember when "d" meant drive, not "departure"." :lol:

Congrats guys...it is a very exciting time! All the getting ready...must be something in the water...my wife is due early November...she just had her baby shower...thank god for a friends Dodge Ram....the back of that and a couple of other cars packed full...we have baby clothes out the wazoo...I think that I will start investing in Carters...

Just wanted to say Congrats...guys sorry so late...been super busy getting the home ready and working...

Congrats guys...it is a very exciting time! All the getting ready...must be something in the water...my wife is due early November...she just had her baby shower...thank god for a friends Dodge Ram....the back of that and a couple of other cars packed full...we have baby clothes out the wazoo...I think that I will start investing in Carters...

Just wanted to say Congrats...guys sorry so late...been super busy getting the home ready and working...

must be something in the water...my wife is due early November...

Another reason to just drink beer! LOL!!!!! :blink:

No Cheetos ???

No Cheetos ???

I've been waiting for Crostini, topped with sliced grilled sirloin steak, Grilled shrimp and EVOO, Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper and fresh garden grown tomatoes. :whistles:

No Cheetos ???

I've been waiting for Crostini, topped with sliced grilled sirloin steak, Grilled shrimp and EVOO, Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper and fresh garden grown tomatoes.:whistles:

I just picked the last tomatoes of the year. Had huge shell on shrimp and mussels,Tomatoes and saffron with lentils. Yummmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the topic @hand..................

im a bit late, just not feeling very "online-y" but...

seriously, congrats, i hear these are the golden years. be sure to tell us if they are boys or girls when you get your first monogram(?), or if you decide to be surprised.

I am having a BOY! If you get a chance to or want to have a 3d-4d sonogram done. It was amazing you can see the baby's facial features and the baby moving. They will spend much more time with you...it is real cool...I thought my baby had a 3rd leg growing....then I found out it was a boy! :D :lol:

Oh yea and Beer...that all I am drinking now!