Top Speed You've Hit With Your Lexus

Meshblorg

I drive a dark red 1990 Lexus LS400. I just got this car from my Dad as a gift.

Last night at 2am on a secluded stretch of freeway in Los Angeles County, I hit 125mph!

I could have gone a lot faster but I was so nervous at that point my balls were tingling. It wasn't nearly as loud as I thought it would be at that speed (great Lexus sound insulation). The roads are that well built here so I wouldn't want to die trying to go to higher racing speeds on a beat up old freeway. FYI my balls continued to tingle for at least 5 minutes aftewards. It was an awesome adrenaline rush.

I almost never speed on the streets and it's very rare that I speed over 90 on the freeway. It's not smart to speed often but every so often I like a fix.

But last night at 2AM, there were no other cars on the freeway and I wanted to beat my old record. The hardcore electronica I was playing in my car got me pumped too. My previous record I held was 121mph in my 1994 Toyota Camry (4cl).

I love Toyota and I love speed.

How fast have you gone?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict that you will soon be sorry you posted this, Mesh. The Lexus police will soon be chiding you.

175 indicated on a Kawasaki Z12R. :chairshot:

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
125 mph in my 91 LS400

135 mph in my 92 SC400

200 mph indicated, but 180mph GPS verified, on my 2000 ZX-12R.

That's faster than Kawasaki's claimed top speed for the 12R. Is it stock?

Tom

• 1 month later...

105. I was followin this sweet 06 750li and a 99(ish) 750il. I was on I75 headed north between macon and atlanta. I was amazed how easily it got up there. I knew it was stupid as hell and i could have lost my license but it was awesome to see a lex with almost 230k keep up with some awesome bahn stormers. I was also amazed how easily the car cruises at 90. it feels the same as 70.

A couple of years ago I had my 90 up to a buck thirty on eye-eighty. The car was smooth as glass and would easily have done much more BUT A) I didn't want to get caught and B) the tires I had on the car at the time were "T" rated which is only good for <-119mph. I now have "V" tires again but haven't had the nerve or opportuntity again. I usually drive between 70 and 90 on Interstates depending on terrain and traffic.

• 2 months later...
A couple of years ago I had my 90 up to a buck thirty on eye-eighty. The car was smooth as glass and would easily have done much more BUT A) I didn't want to get caught and B) the tires I had on the car at the time were "T" rated which is only good for <-119mph. I now have "V" tires again but haven't had the nerve or opportuntity again. I usually drive between 70 and 90 on Interstates depending on terrain and traffic.

149 MPH speed limited? Not me...126 in my slightly modded 1965 Plymouth Barracuda though, THAT is scary....and all in before 1320 Ft!

• 1 year later...

Traveling Rt.1 southbound in New Castle County, Delaware @ 2:00AM I suprisingly topped-out my 95' LS400 (newly-bought, stock, and in need of tune-up) @ 150 mph. If you can find a long stretch of road with no major change of direction like Rt.1 in DE, a radar detector will not do you any good. The cops wont know what hit em' as you approach the higher limit of your LS' speedometer :) Now That i installed a K&N, Denso Iridium Plugs/ Wires, and Fresh Z-Max/ Castrol GTX, maybe it'll go 155...