What Kind Of Mileage Are We Getting On Our Es

Hi guys i believe any well maintained ES can give anywhere from 19 to 30 per gallon

I have a 99 and it gives 22-23 with city and hwy driving combined. I do put in regularly every oil change 3000 miles, gauranteed to pass additive in the gas tank which is supposed to clean the fuel system and also the pistons and chamber and overall reducing the emissions thus the name gauranteed to pass.i dont know if it helps gas mileage improvement but i still like it havent had any ill effects from it. I also clean the throttle body check air filter and air pressure on tires generally 34psi,and all fluids. Of course driving habits also will effect but thats our crazy days we cant help it or i cant help it (remember trac off check engine light issue)

what do you guys do any help is good with the gas prices going up

Thanks

Abrar

38psi all around (Gen 3 & 4 Camry sprec in Europe for driving 90mph+, or extended highway speeds).

New plugs / good ignition.

o2 sensors being in good shape.

Staying away from heavy wheels. (I.E. aftermarket large diameter, and/or wide wheels.)

Decarb the combustion chambers, intake etc.

A lot of people swear by a fresh PCV valve.

From there fresh fluids can slightly reduce losses. Transmission, differential, powersteering.

If possible advancing ignition timing & lean the mixture will help slightly too.

From there exhaust upgrades. Y-pipe, headers, cat & cat back may a little too.

Short of o2 sensors, nothing can help, or hurt as quick as the driving habits.

From years of watching discussions & driving my old one. My official opinion is that any of these v6's getting >23 city / 25 highway are in pretty good shape. Regardless of how new, or old they are.

I kept track a few weeks ago and I'm getting about 21.5 mpg. These cars are pretty heavy at around 3400 lbs. Plus I have the original plugs, wires, and O2 sensors at 102K miles. Most of my driving is highway, but I do get caught in some traffic jams in Northern Virginia. EPA says 26 highway, but those estimates don't represent real world driving. My last car was a four banger non-turbo eclipse, and it got only slightly better mileage, even with the manual.

I get 22-24 mpg around town and 28-30 on straight out highway. Nothing special other than car is maintained regularly, tires at 32 all round, synthetic oil, no jack rabbit starts or constantly gunning it.

Non-Lexus ways to save gas money.

I try to combine all my errands and trips so there is no unnecessary travel.

The weather is getting nicer so the motorcycle is coming out, that will save me some gas money.

I have started carpooling with some people I routinely commute with on the boat, so now we all ride together to the boat.

steviej

I get 22-24 mpg around town and 28-30 on straight out highway. Nothing special other than car is maintained regularly, tires at 32 all round, synthetic oil, no jack rabbit starts or constantly gunning it.

Non-Lexus ways to save gas money.

I try to combine all my errands and trips so there is no unnecessary travel.

steviej

I concur.......in addition, take any heavy items out of the vehicle that is not needed.......reduce weight (keep the spare in the trunk however).

Little things too like 'coasting' to a red light instead of waiting until the last minute to brake hard......saves gas & your brakes.

Beleive it or not, they had a news article on this week & also suggested a good wax job helps as well......not much to be sure but every bit helps & hey, your ride looks sharp too!

:cheers:

Paint care is a must regardles! Na, it doesn't make a differance. You can make that front under-tray I posted about a long time it. It won't actually help in the city, but the faster you're driving, you can tell it cuts some drag.

Top speed improves measureably. Gas mileage, is miniscule... But with gas $3 instead of $2. Little things like that can add up over a couple of months.

I forget if we've been over it, or not. Big wheels... Big no-no if you're *that* strapped for mpg. That wouldn't conern anyone with them tho.

Like my grandfather always said, "If you can afford a new tractor, you can afford a new barn to put it in".

And my daddy always said, "If you can afford the 4 barrel muscle cars, you can afford the gas, and tires to run them".

Wheel mass makes a much larger differance in accelleration, power to sustain, and braking effort that most people care to really look deeply into.

Ok guys I know the K&N air filter and Tornado gas saver are also advertised a lot anybody have some good experience with these,I did have the K&N air filter in my previous car didnt feel any punch or great improvement but i know it lets through a lot more air in thr combustion chamber.

I can't stand K&N filters, or any of that type / marketing.

All of the vortex genirators are BS.

Sometimes you can make a small differance in the mixture & mixture patterns with a throttle body spacer on a carbed engine. We don't use carbs so...

LoL! He can't help that!!!

i been gettin 21-25 but i drive to hard.. all the time with the 4k shifts and redline runs through 1st and 2nd. but on my last i am at 250 miles and a half of tank

i noticed that i lost about 1 mpg with my rim change, maybe the 205-215 added a lil drag also.

• 3 weeks later...

Have owned my ES300 for two years now. Drive mostly commute miles and just reached 85,000 miles. My city/freeway mileage has been pretty consistenly 24-25 MPG. Highway gas mileage has been 28-30 MPG. Best was when making a trip from Kansas City to Sacramento at 30 MPG. I have found the best way for me to get good gas mileage is to hold back on the sudden/fast start from stoplights and try to coast to a slow stop at the light.

• 3 months later...

I have 160k on a 94 and I used to average 20mpg with mostly freeway driving 315/15.5

and over the last few weeks with more stop and go on freeway traffic I am at about 17 260/15.5

Going through tune up process now and will update in a few weeks when I feel like its running normal again.

I typically get 18-20 MPG with all local driving.

It's a 96' ES300 with 153K miles on it.

I have 160k on a 94 and I used to average 20mpg with mostly freeway driving 315/15.5

and over the last few weeks with more stop and go on freeway traffic I am at about 17 260/15.5

Going through tune up process now and will update in a few weeks when I feel like its running normal again.

I typically get 18-20 MPG with all local driving.

It's a 96' ES300 with 153K miles on it.

Noooo! I'm the lowest here with average city (Chicago) of 14.6 mpg, though the recent addition of acetone to each tank has boosted me up by 3mpg to 17.6. Once I change the plugs I hope to get a little more. On highway, however I get nearly 28 standard. Big difference.