Mxv4 Energy Plus

razahyde

anyone ever had these tires on there car supposedly there really smooth comfort wise and quiet too but u kno how ratings go anyone have these on there car or had them previously because i have a friend offering me all 4 for $200 and they have about 7k miles on them

its the same friend who gave me his HID set out of his G35 for free and got me 2 12 audiobahn subs with an alpine amp for $100 lol helps to have hookups now if i could only find a friend who owns a dealership ill be good lol

I have a set of Michelin® Energy™ MXV4® Plus XSE® - P225/60R16 97V that I bought from SAMS Club for $600. I live in Florida so no snow or ice driving, lots of rain. They're ok but the quietness depends on road surface. Had it on the interstate this weekend and while they were smooth and good riding, occassionally I thought they were a little noisy. No real complaints about them.

yah blake i realized that after i posted lol owell it cant hurt mods are free to delete it if they want my fault guys sorry about that but u can still post if u want to because i think for $200 its a steal lol

These were installed less than 600 miles before I bought my car. Still have the original sales reciept from the previous owner. They are ok, not good at all in the snow, however. They are quiet on most surfaces, they are not a good handling tire but they do offer a nice ride. Its really a trade off for smooth and quiet versus responsive and sharp handling. If you are looking for both, then these are not the tires for you.

I've had them on a 98 LS400 and now on my 03 ES300 and my dad's 04 LS430. Been happy with the ride and road noise all the way around, on all three accounts they were significant improvements over the Previous tires.

o yah i forgot to mention im going for smooth, quiet and comfort i could care less about performance and im not worried about snow here in texas or rain for that matter so im looking for the smoothest tires out there really and quiet ones too

then you want the michelins. explore with others if you like, but you'll want the michelins. not to knock the goodyears, bridgestones, yokos...etc... but it seems to be that the michelins are the ones that fit what you're asking for. they were "are" what i wanted too. i explored with a set of continentials, of which are sitting on my back porch waiting for ups to pick them up and ship them back to tirerack.

then you want the michelins. explore with others if you like, but you'll want the michelins. not to knock the goodyears, bridgestones, yokos...etc... but it seems to be that the michelins are the ones that fit what you're asking for. they were "are" what i wanted too. i explored with a set of continentials, of which are sitting on my back porch waiting for ups to pick them up and ship them back to tirerack.

I've had the mx's on my es for 3 years and 36k mi. through winters sun and rain. I would/will have them again. I have the pilot sports on my gs and will follow suit. Nothing like riding on michelins. I had michelin x-1's on the es prior and I also had them on my 95 camry, WOW! I wish Michelin still made that tire. To all who ride falkens,goodyears, and the rest. GOOD LUCK. There isn't a better tire on the road than Michelins for your lexus.

No, I have no affiliation with any tire company. :)

In my humble opininion..as you guys know me to be humble :whistles: The Michelins are the best tires on the market..The secret is.. as with any high performance tire or may I interject /wife..Only to put it into perspective..Geez!!!..Okay here it goes..Pressure, Rotate , Pressure, Rotate..Etc...Keep the pressure on the rubber and the rubber on the load....er.. road. Anyways , the moral of the story is to take care of your tires/ Wives :whistles: and you can double your mileage. In my most Humble opinoin ;)

In my humble opininion..as you guys know me to be humble :whistles: The Michelins are the best tires on the market..The secret is.. as with any high performance tire or may I interject /wife..Only to put it into perspective..Geez!!!..Okay here it goes..Pressure, Rotate , Pressure, Rotate..Etc...Keep the pressure on the rubber and the rubber on the load....er.. road. Anyways , the moral of the story is to take care of your tires/ Wives :whistles: and you can double your mileage. In my most Humble opinoin ;)

:cheers: You da bomb :cheers:

anyone ever had these tires on there car supposedly there really smooth comfort wise and quiet too but u kno how ratings go anyone have these on there car or had them previously because i have a friend offering me all 4 for $200 and they have about 7k miles on them

My job is being on the roads, hghways and local, and in all kinds of severe weather. I have used MXV4s twice. They are nice to ride on but they cost you some handling and a lot of fuel. The rubber isvery soft on mxv's thus providing comfort for grand pas. If you want Mich brand only, Symmetry's are far better in every aspect for normal driving. From my driving experience, Good Year eagle LS's is best in snow but they get a little noisy after 50k miles. And Yokos are excellent for ride and grip both. There is nothing special about the mxv except the ridiculous high price. Buy tires accordingly to your driving style and weather conditions. You can get matching deals on ebay motors.

Symmetrys?!?! You're kidding right? Symmetry's are ancient non speed rated tires that Michelin only sells to discount stores like Walmart and Costco. Totally the wrong tire for this car...

Symmetrys?!?! You're kidding right? Symmetry's are ancient non speed rated tires that Michelin only sells to discount stores like Walmart and Costco. Totally the wrong tire for this car...

I agree. I looked at them before donating another kidney for the mvx4's, the dealership wouldn't put them on my car due to the speed rating being below the car's designation. I tried...but couldn't do it.

after further research ive its come down to this

-im considering the kumho solus KH16 because tire-rack has them for $60 each or 2 pairs for 240 and shipping to my location (76248) is only $40 any experiences with these because if you look at the chart there really high up in almsot every category

-tires im considering list what you guys think in order (all tire rack prices)

--Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus $124

--Kumho solus KH16 $60

--Bridgestone Turanza LS-V $133

- currently have michelin energy and there pretty much bald

supposedily this is how the tires rank according to tirerack

heres the grand touring all season

tires2.jpg

heres the passenger all season tires

tires.jpg

The tire rack rankings are useless for comparison between tires. The statistics are heavily biased towards new tires.

Personally I don't think the Kumho is enough tire for something as heavy as an LS, I've heard some bad things about the tires being flimsier than people expected when they put them on their Lexuses. I'd go with the Bridgestones or the Michelins.

As someone with first-hand experience with tirerack's ratings system, I cannot say this enough.....IT IS CRAP!! Don't believe me? Look up the continential contipremier tire for a 95 ls400 and read the reviews.....they GLOW over that tire.....look up the michelin's for the same car...they're not nearly as good.

So I bought the Continentials....and we all know how that ended....with $200 wasted and a set of Michelin's being installed. I will never trust those charts again.

You have to use more judgment than just a tire site's customer ratings chart. Research the companies, tires, and engineering behind the tires you're interested in. Talk to multiple tire shops who sell those tires. Make it clear you're in the information-gathering stage, not the purchasing stage yet. Develop a relationship with someone who's been in the tire business for a long, long time.

I can honestly say that I've never been disappointed in a set of aftermarket tires that I've researched thoroughly and then purchased and installed. Some have been better than others, sure, but I've always gotten at least what I expected out of the tires I've purchased over the past three decades.

Of course, many drivers still believe that if you buy quality tires, you can mount 'em and forget 'em. Tires must be managed more thoroughly than any other component on your vehicle. Inspect them visually before you hop in to drive each day, check your pressures weekly, look for nails and screws whenever you check your pressures, and rotate them on at least a 7,500 mile schedule. It's amazing how inexpensive tires can sometimes last longer than premium tires with just one big difference - namely, meticulous owner care....