Chrome Trunk Strip

Y2KLS400

I picked this up from an Hong Kong seller on eBay who stated that it's standard on Asian cars. It emulates the chrome trunk strip on Mercedes cars, giving your fingers something to rest on when closing the trunk. Very well made with a 3M adhesive strip. Plus it looks rather good, no?

Trunk_strip.jpg

This post seems fishy?????

I have seen it on eBay and think it looks like garbage.

It does not flow with any lines of the car and is not even a actual grab handle to close the trunk properly.

MB has a much better looking strip which flows with their cars .

They also have a nice chrome strip which attaches to the license plate to close the trunk much more effectively.

I would have deleted this thread as i believe you are a vendor trying to point customers towards an eBay search for it.

But the handles looks so crappy like a extra thick moustach,it just does not look right.

Very few would ever want it.

I picked this up from an Hong Kong seller on eBay who stated that it's standard on Asian cars.  It emulates the chrome trunk strip on Mercedes cars, giving your fingers something to rest on when closing the trunk.  Very well made with a 3M adhesive strip.  Plus it looks rather good, no?

Trunk_strip.jpg

#1 it is the lift handle not the close handle and if it is just stuck on with tape it is junk, JDM has a total replacement handle that is chrome throughout and actually bolts on. That would be the only option and it only looks good on black and white on a GS in my opinion.

post-1634-1130074234_thumb.jpg

I picked this up from an Hong Kong seller on eBay who stated that it's standard on Asian cars.  It emulates the chrome trunk strip on Mercedes cars, giving your fingers something to rest on when closing the trunk.  Very well made with a 3M adhesive strip.  Plus it looks rather good, no?

Trunk_strip.jpg

#1 it is the lift handle not the close handle and if it is just stuck on with tape it is junk, JDM has a total replacement handle that is chrome throughout and actually bolts on. That would be the only option and it only looks good on black and white on a GS in my opinion.

Yeah, double sided tape might keep it on the car, but wouldn't be there long for opening and closing. :cheers:

Trunk_strip.jpg

Yeah, double sided tape might keep it on the car, but wouldn't be there long for opening and closing. :cheers:

When you look at the stick on products up close they all look cheap, If you can't replace the part with chrome JDM then it looks like "GHETTO" wannabe's, el cheapo. S :censored: T

The picture's a fake?

You can tell that the chrome strip is hanging over the left rear light, even more so than over the right rear light. Or maybe it wasn't applied on the center? :blink:

It also casts a shadow on the liscense plate indent, but not on the plate itself.

The picture's a fake?

You can tell that the chrome strip is hanging over the left rear light, even more so than over the right rear light.  Or maybe it wasn't applied on the center? :blink:

It also casts a shadow on the liscense plate indent, but not on the plate itself.

Off center? Come, come....

Trunk_strip_show_center.jpg

And for those interested in how to glue things in place, you may like to check here.

The picture's a fake?

You can tell that the chrome strip is hanging over the left rear light, even more so than over the right rear light.  Or maybe it wasn't applied on the center? :blink:

And for those interested in how to glue things in place, you may like to check here.

I would rather stick [ no pun intended ] with a JDM replacement. And I stand by my last post. :whistles:

The picture's a fake?

Hold the boat, Is this a complete handle or is the chrome just covering the factory handle? Someone with that year LS please post a pic of the tail, Thanx

The picture's a fake?

Oopsie. :blushing: Blame it on the bad angle (and the 20/75 vision...) :pirate:

Looks much better from that angle.

The picture's a fake?

Oopsie.:blushing: Blame it on the bad angle (and the 20/75 vision...):pirate:

Looks much better from that angle.

After further research the chrome handle is a option at a LEXUS dealer in japan.

Yes and NO DC.

There is a  handle that is a Toyota option but it sure as hell is not that thing.

It replaces the black plastic that runs along where the liscence plate lights are .

A much better looking peice than that by far.

I didn't think that chrome handle was stock, But I did find that there was a handle option. Thanx for clearing things up.

If you bought it and you like it, scr :censored: ew what anyone els thinks.....

But if you put it on my car I would pull it off and beat you with it :chairshot:

As for opening and closing the trunk and needing a "handle", what are you all 100 year old ladies??????

My 91 pops, open, and goes up with only a finger pushing on it. Closes with just a finger pushing down....

We Don't need no stink'in handles!