Stay Safe Southern Friends!

ED.

I know Blake and some other of you'll live in the places where this massive hurricane will hit. I hope you and all your property survive the storm and stay safe. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

good luck and God bless!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in extreme northeast Tennessee and even here they are forecasting 25-35 mph winds, but our biggest threat for tomorrow (Tuesday) is tornadoes. We could have a major tornado outbreak, because we will be on the eastern side of the storm. Georgia is getting hit now with the tornadoes and they are moving north.

We are okay in Lake Charles, Louisiana but I have a big concern for our friends east and north of Katrina's track as well as my favorite haunt New Orleans, the "Big Breezy". Cool heads will prevail and I wish God Speed to all of you. Forget the Lexus and cover your A%%. On second thought, cover the Lexus too!!!

Well, its 19:43 CST here in STL and I am bout to turn on the TV to see whats going on and..... I see a lot of flooding and such. I guess the storms making its way Eastward? They arnet showing much. TWC is showing the high temps for th eweek. I hope eveyone is all right though. I dont think cars like water. Just ask a buddy of mine who's 01 740i sport got ruined by a flood. On another topic. LexKid I see th enew pic. Does that mean you've gotten a camera? : ) How bout some pics of the BMW and MB?

thanks

LexKid I see th enew pic. Does that mean you've gotten a camera? : ) How bout some pics of the BMW and MB?

I took a few pics of the rx300 with my brothers cameras when we took a trip to his house a few weeks ago. I still don't have a camera :huh: gonna get one this weekend and ill take some of the LS and the rx330.....im so behind in technology

and the BMW and MB are gone :( . My wife and i are having another baby so we need to start saving again :) LOL

Wow! I ddnt even realize that. You could have given them to me  :rolleyes:  Just J/k'in. Congrats my friend!. I cant wait to see some pictres of the LS430 then!

thanks

It was a loss to have to sell the GS, ES and BMW all at the same time :unsure:

i'll take some pics this weekend if my wifey isn't around to bother me LOL

Now I've been through some hurricanes in my day down in Wilmington, NC "Bertha, Fran, Bonnie, Dennis "twice", Irene & Floyd" but the one that just hit MS is by far the biggest I've seen. I've actually fallen asleep, woke up thinking it was over, but was still in the eye, went back to sleep, woke up thinking it was over, and STILL in the eye "Bonnie back in '98". That storm sucked, ran out of beer before the second half of the storm hit. It actually stopped right over my house and was in the eye for 12 hours while is fizzled itself out. Played frisbee during Bertha in 96' and nearly broke my nose.

Blake, hope you're ok..where ever you're at.

You are right AKEWL. It is just devastation unbelieveable and it is not over for New Orleans. All these people here in Lake Charles with no place, home or job to got to. Heartbreaking. But they are safe and I fear for the one's still there who can't get out and the ones on rooftops awaiting rescue. It goes on and on.

This is one of the worst storms I've ever seen, even the tsunami almost a year ago. Video I've seen is absolutely horrible... there's structures of raised houses, just the wooden beams are all thats left on beach front homes. Some are even 200 yards out in the ocean. On the news 5 minutes ago, one man said that between the beach and the 4 first blocks closest to the beach, there is nothing left. It is completely destroyed. My heart goes out to all those involved, either members here or anyone else in Mississippi or Louisiana. :(

If LOC would be interested, and enough members were interested. :chairshot: I would be glad to set up an LOC relief fund, here in Louisiana, at Hibernia National Bank. I've never done it but I am sure I can do it or maybe LOC could do it. Doing something rather than standing by is better for the Soul. This is indeed our home grown tsunami. They will need our help.

Hey guys!! It's good to finally get on here! :D I'm doing fine. We are soooo lucky to have another house in Ruston. The worst part is our cell phones aren't working. Our Cingular phones can get through every now and then, but VZW has absolutely no service. We brought walkie-talkies in the cars, so keeping in contact was a breeze. So far, we have no idea what our house is looking like. We had a little meeting with 4 or 5 of our closest neighbors before we left to agree to keep each other updated. So far, everyone knows nothing about our neighborhood. We are keeping our hopes high, but should the worst happen, we are heavily insured with flood and homeowners policies. We do know that 2 resturants that my dad co-owns are gone. One was in Biloxi (maybe 200 yards from the gulf) and the other was in Slidell. We are pretty worried about our timberland in Columbia since it's not all that far from Biloxi, and we have some great looking hardwoods that are ready to be harvested. Hopefully, we didn't lose too many of them.

The LS and ES are both fine. The amazing thing is I averaged just under 22mpg in my LS eventhough it took us over 12 hours to travel 325 miles. The first half of the trip we averaged 15mph; with an overall average of under 30mph. This trip usually takes under 5 hours. It was weird to pull in to the gas stations and have them turn everyone away since they had no gas.

I took a few pics along the car ride (on Sunday):

Here are a few pitures of some cool military vehicles comming to help...

gallery_1461_162_1125444735.jpg

gallery_1461_162_1125444748.jpg

gallery_1461_162_1125444760.jpg

gallery_1461_162_1125444778.jpg

gallery_1461_162_1125444792.jpg

You can see the bumper to bumper line of traffic....

gallery_1461_162_1125444907.jpg

I want to thank yall for everything-nice words, wishful thoughts, etc. This group is really phenomenal! :cheers:

Wow cool pics Blake!! I am glad to see all of you guys are doing fine and that your property is hopefully intact. I havent been down south in years. Last time I went there was in like 96-98? I went to Panama City Fl. We use to go to Gulf Shores all the time and I think they got hit pretty bad. Glad to see eveyones doing well. :D

thanks