The Best Smelling Car

Jacob

All of us know that different cars have different smells. I haven’t driven so many cars but I find the LS400 to have a very nice aroma. So, how about you fellow members… what do you think is the car with the most beautiful smell?

Can't really say the 04 RX330 and 05 ES330 smell "new." More like a new computer chair or something..I don't know they just don't smell as good as older new cars have in the past.

I really like the smell when the A/C has been on for a while ;)

2003 RX300 indigo ink pearl/ ivory w/navi, 35,000 miles (my daughter)

2003 LS430 black/ ivory, ~100,000 miles (my son)

2004 ES330 silver metallic/ black w/ navi, ~30,000 miles (my daughter)

2005 LS430 blue onyx pearl/ ivory Ultra Luxury Package, smart access, AFS, rear camera, Navi, 4,000 miles (mine)

2004 RX330 neptune blue mica/ ivory w/navi + DVD, AFS, 53,000 miles (mine + family car)

2005 ES330 blue onyx pearl/ ivory w/navi + DVD, 18,000 miles (my wife's)

2005 GS430 blue onyx pearl/ ivory w/ navi, spoiler, 270 miles (mine)

2004 BMW 745Li Blue/ Black, Navi, i-Drive, Steering Wheel Operated Steptronic, 4,000 miles (mine)

You must like the NEW Smell judging by the selection of those cars you own. Jesus. :D

How does it feel having everything you want =p

Are you planning on upgrading to BMW li 760, that thing is v12 almost 500 hp. Unbelievable machine. As for the new LS 430, how does it feel? I am planning on getting one in a year or two....Are you impressed with its comfort and performance?

As for me, my favorite smell inside the car is when I open the windows on a 70 degree day, let the soothing fresh breeze comfort me as I am cruising on the highway.

:cheers:

Frebreeze Auto in the ES250...lol. :whistles: The only reason I did this was because a friend thought it would be funny to leave his doggy bag of Turkish food on the back floor, along with a "new car scent" blue tree air freshener. Not a pleasent combination. :wacko:

All 6 windows down in the 4Runner is the best way to go, in my opinion. Suck in that clean crisp air while it lasts. :snoooorrrtttt:

When you've been in as many luxury cars as I have when I detailed for profit you find each company has a distinctive smell, a Lexus smells like a Lexus, a BMW smells like a BMW. Lexus' smell is pretty subtle (they make sure the leather transmits no aroma, the smell of leather is offensive to the Japanese one reason why most cars in Japan are cloth) but it is pleasing.

i have found that the japanese cars have different smells while the german cars tend to have similar smells especially between VW and Audi(wink wink) but even between those two and merc. and bmw. which leads me to conclude that the recycling law in germany must only let one kind of adhesive? and all the plastics are recycled with a percentage of new material added. so everyone uses the same stuff?

i have found that the japanese cars have different smells while the german cars tend to have similar smells especially between VW and Audi(wink wink) but even between those two and merc. and bmw. which leads me to conclude that the recycling law in germany must only let one kind of adhesive? and all the plastics are recycled with a percentage of new material added. so everyone uses the same stuff?

my 89 Celsior smells damn fine like brand new leather

My 92 LS has a distinctive leather smell, which I like. Not overpowering, just there when you get in. My 98 GS has a very mild leather smell, not really there for long after opening the door.

One thing I prefer is that a car should smell like a car. In the good old days that was gasoline, oil, brakes, wiring, very much like a small aircraft. Not like a brothel or a laundry room.

On a different note, hey Lexkid, how is that 05 GS430 treating u?  What do u enjoy most about it?

I absolutely LOVE it ;) It's the SAME exact thing as my wife's 2003. I still like the comfrot of the LS a "bit" better, and the GS is a bit smaller, but still enough for me B) I'm glad i got it.

when people get in my my car they say it smells like new and it has a very subtle leather smell but not the over powering smell that new cars have i like it though

The !Removed! really smell the same. I remember our Infiniti smelled kinda similar to the Lexus. The Germaes also smell kinda th esame. I was inside an S420 the other day and I noticed how similar it smelled to our BMW's. I love th esmell of the Lexus. That is one of the reasons I like driving this car so much.

thanks

All of us know that different cars have different smells. I haven’t driven so many cars but I find the LS400 to have a very nice aroma. So, how about you fellow members… what do you think is the car with the most beautiful smell?

Cadillac & Lexus has the best smell imo. Just something about em. ;)

:cheers:

mmhm definately agree my lexus is a 96 with 111k miles and it still smells good my ford expedition on the other hand could use my help but then again the reason why i got it was so i wouldnt have to worry about the kids eating and spilling stuff in my lexus wife is startin to get mad at me though lol :D

No, there are a couple that replicate the smell of leather pretty well though, like Griot's Leather Scent.

The reason nobody is capable of reproducing the new car smell is because its from offgassing plastics and epoxy's, carpeting and padding, rubber wire casings etc. Its actually rather toxic, there were some issues with people getting light headed in new VW a couple years ago.

Anything with Connoly(sp?) leather smells best to me. Jaguar, Bentley, Rolls, possibly some others. Connoly has a super premium called Autolux that not only smells great but is glove soft as well.

I agree with the person above who said Caddy and Lex smell the same.