More Plausible 07 Ls Drawing...

BMW will be upset. The headlights aren't at all ugly, like BMW thinks they should be on modern cars. The car has some very strong Lexus visual clues, so it is a great follow-on to the previous generations.

I'd drive it.

now i love that car i would skip the 430 and wait on ne of those until i could afford it looks like it could be related to bmw and i love the 745 after my ls of course

now i love that car i would skip the 430 and wait on ne of those until i could afford it  looks like it could be related to bmw and i love the 745 after my ls of course

I love it and am glad to see Lexus leaving the Mercedes derivation. I would buy it in a second.

This is form the car connection

the car connection

These photos, taken just recently at Germany's famous Nürburgring racetrack, have caught a prototype Lexus LS sedan as it undergoes high-speed testing. At first glance the car appears to be a current production model, but looking closer one can note a modification to the hood on either side of the grille. Also note the large wheels, low-profile tires, and fender bulges front and rear to cover the extra-large tires.

All this indicates a future LS sedan with more performance than the current model. A look at the rear, however, shows rather small dual exhaust pipes and not two or even four giant pipes as would be likely in a turbo model or a real high-performance car. So what is this prototype? An educated guess would be a hybrid powerplant coupling a standard-size LS V-8 engine with Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive electric motors to give the LS improved performance while also improving fuel economy.

© Hans G. Lehmann/ Hidden Image

9689_KYZDNVSACWSAG.jpg

9690_AMZIGPNGFYCCM.jpg

Now what about price? I am guessing fully loaded to be around 80k. Cars aare so damn expensive these days. A guy on RF just leased a new 750li. Total price is liek 86k.!!! A fully loaded LS is what mid to low 70's? I would buy a aLexus over a BMW anyday.

thanks

The LS won't be 80, 75 probably loaded for the base model, maybe 80s for the LWB and the hybrid.

As for the styling, again gotta wait until you see the new one in person. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the rear window treatment, too Pontiac-esque. While I agree its different from what we're used to from Lexus, change is neccisary and inevitable.

My first thought was that it's front nose looked like my neighbors ugly Dadge stratus. Then there is that cheap looking front ground effect plastic. I don't care how good the car is made, that thing would not make it to my driveway.

John

If I were spending the money I'd go for the hybrid/LWB. Seems like with gas prices it would pay itself off over a while. Not here as much as places like Japan and the other expensive fuel countries. I really think the current LS is the best looking one yet.

thanks

I still go back and forth as to whether the current one is the best looking yet or the 98-00 model is...

same here SW although i lean toward the 98-00 more then the newer generations i think lexus took a step back with the design of the 430 when first introduced i thought the front end looked horrible but in 04 the fixed things up :whistles:

most of the lexus's now look exactly like the toyotas i myself get confused sometimes between which car it is but then again lexus is just a luxury version of a toyota so in the end were all driving toyotas notice how all the parts say toyota and not lexus

Actually on the new ones they're more careful so all the windows and everything say "Lexus" instead of "Toyota"

As for the LS430, I find the 01-03 LS430 basically strange in all areas but the interior. In 04 they made a lot of meaningful changes that help the design GREATLY but it still looks kind of odd from certain angles.