Repair/service Manuals

brandnewman

How about where to buy repair/service manuals?

I checked and I had trouble finding a Helms or Chilton manual available.

I think I've heard of a full set of Service Manuals but they cost a couple hundred bucks, right?

Also heard of a subscription website that has info.

What's everybody using?

I checked and I had trouble finding a Helms or Chilton manual available.

I think I've heard of a full set of Service Manuals but they cost a couple hundred bucks, right?

Also heard of a subscription website that has info.

What's everybody using?

I have a set of manuals on cd from mitchell on demand [ 1983-2000 toyota/lexus covers every model sold in the USA ]. If you want I will send you a set for postage and whatever you want to pay above for the cd's. Let me know either way. Thanx

There are online manuals available for all Toyota and Lexus models at techinfo.toyota.com which you can subscribe to for a daily, monthly or yearly fee.

I just wanted to know how to change plugs on my corolla so I subscribed for a day. There was wealth of deep technical information but after doing a lot of search I didn't find what I was looking for...I guess it is geared more towards advance professionals. As a beginner, I was looing for simple DIY tutorials but didn't find the site too helpful.

There are online manuals available for all Toyota and Lexus models at techinfo.toyota.com which you can subscribe to for a daily, monthly or yearly fee.

I just wanted to know how to change plugs on my corolla so I subscribed for a day.  There was wealth of deep technical information but after doing a lot of search I didn't find what I was looking for...I guess it is geared more towards advance professionals.  As a beginner, I was looing for simple DIY tutorials but didn't find the site too helpful.

thats a really good site pk i also got a one day subscription and printed out a wealth of information

yeah, PK sent me there a few months ago. I took down a freakin' forest inside of 8 hours of printing, and two toner cartridges as well. Of course, all on company machines! Hahahaha :whistles:

I bought the full set of manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Vol 1 Engine Chassis, and Vol 2 Chassis Body Electric, three years ago for $171.00 from Toyota.

While everyone out here has added to that knowledge with their own experiences, if you are serious about working on your car, in my opinion, you must have these.

For my 1992 LS400, P/N 00245-EWD13_OU, Wiring Diagram was 26.99, P/N 000245-RM259-U1, Engine Chassis was 50.19, and P/N 00245-RM259-U2, Chassis/Body/Electric, was 75.00.

The customer service number on my invoice is 800-622-2033.

Every problem I have had has been initially diagnosed using the manual and additional information found in the forums.

I have easily saved several thousand dollars on two 1992's with the manuals and the forums. The $171 seems cheap at current shop rates.

I bought the full set of manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Vol 1 Engine Chassis, and Vol 2 Chassis Body Electric, three years ago for $171.00 from Toyota.

While everyone out here has added to that knowledge with their own experiences, if you are serious about working on your car, in my opinion, you must have these.

For my 1992 LS400, P/N 00245-EWD13_OU, Wiring Diagram was 26.99, P/N 000245-RM259-U1, Engine Chassis was 50.19, and P/N 00245-RM259-U2, Chassis/Body/Electric, was 75.00.

The customer service number on my invoice is 800-622-2033.

Every problem I have had has been initially diagnosed using the manual and additional information found in the forums.

I have easily saved several thousand dollars on two 1992's with the manuals and the forums. The $171 seems cheap at current shop rates.

I too am looking for repair manuals for my 98 LS400. Called the above number:

Vol 1 - diagnostic and troubleshooting- $71.20

Vol 2 - Engine, body, chassis- $103.90

Electrical Diagram- $62.88

Total for all three: $237.98 :whistles: