• $1.95-$2.05
    • $2.10-$2.20
    • $2.25-$2.35
    • $2.40-$2.50
    • $2.55-$2.65
    • $2.70-$2.80
    • TOOO high that you might have a heart attack if you find out

Syracuse 2 weeks ago it was $2.37 (87)

Las Vegas last week I saw a range from $2.40 - $2.87 for 87. The $2.87 for 87 had $3.09 listed for 93 but it was in a touristy area.

Back in Caldwell it was $2.27

Here in VB it is $2.29 today

I think they are giving us a little breather. But, we better watch out for Round 5.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Round 5" is here VB. Crude oil is now $60+ a drum. This means I'm paying $2.65 for regular, not even at a "true" station (BP, Sunoco, Texaco, Shell).

A little advice, gas up on weekends- it's more expensive during the week, based on necessity and people not having as much time on their hands to get gas. I've noticed that gas drops a few cents on the weekends. Not much of a difference in total price, but in the long haul, it now is a big difference.

"Round 5" is here VB.  Crude oil is now $60+ a drum.  This means I'm paying $2.65 for regular, not even at a "true" station (BP, Sunoco, Texaco, Shell). 

A little advice, gas up on weekends- it's more expensive during the week, based on necessity and people not having as much time on their hands to get gas.  I've noticed that gas drops a few cents on the weekends.  Not much of a difference in total price, but in the long haul, it now is a big difference.

The market by me must be different. Here the price seems to increase on Thursday for the weekend, and then goes down a bit on Sunday or Monday. Right now it is about $2.70 a gallon in the Chicago burbs.

As I said back on June 23rd in response to this question when regular 87 octane was $2.06 to $2.08 in my area, "hang onto your wallets". I paid $2.50 yesterday at our local BJ's Club. The average price here is about $2.56 or so.

We'll continue to climb the gas ladder through well after Labor Day, then we might just get a little relief. But don't bet the ranch on it....

If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times - this great country

loves their cars & trucks. If (when) it gets to $5.00 a gallon, we WILL keep

on driving. I personally do not think we will see it under $2.00 a gallon

ever again (generally). :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again...

Can anyone guess what will happen to gas prices when Mother Nature decides a hurricane will make land fall smack on top of the town where the U.S. gets 25% of its oil? <_<

Speaking of that, hope everyone has battened down the hatches in the south. :unsure:

Here we go again...

Can anyone guess what will happen to gas prices when Mother Nature decides a hurricane will make land fall smack on top of the town where the U.S. gets 25% of its oil? <_<

Speaking of that, hope everyone has battened down the hatches in the south. :unsure:

I heard somewhere that Bush might be trying to help us out?? Something about a reserve!! :D

heck, i don't have to worry bout gas for a day or two (which really helps). Gx is in the shop, so I'm using the loaner fuel. Dealer doesn't require me to fill it up b4 i return it so it's good except for the part that they give it to me with only 3/4 of the tank full. <_<

heck, i don't have to worry bout gas for a day or two (which really helps). Gx is in the shop, so I'm using the loaner fuel. Dealer doesn't require me to fill it up b4 i return it so it's good except for the part that they give it to me with only 3/4 of the tank full.  <_<

They don't make you return it with a full tank!!??

Every time i go for a loaner the SAME guy is always there...

"RX or ES" "No smoking in the ve-Hickle" "Return with a full tank of gas"

I swear it's only Inskip Lexus...LOL

heck, i don't have to worry bout gas for a day or two (which really helps). Gx is in the shop, so I'm using the loaner fuel. Dealer doesn't require me to fill it up b4 i return it so it's good except for the part that they give it to me with only 3/4 of the tank full.  <_<

well. actually i've heard that some dealers CHARGE the customer for using the loaner. Then i heard some dealers give NON-LEXUS loaners. so ur dealer's policy isn't as bad as u think! ;)

well. actually i've heard that some dealers CHARGE the customer for using the loaner. Then i heard some dealers give NON-LEXUS loaners. so ur dealer's policy isn't as bad as u think! ;)

Oh wait till u hear this!!!! LOL last year i had to take one of the Lexus' in for service and they gave me a ******* toyota Camry!!! The thing didn't even have leather!!! I was SOOOO P-O'd!! That thing sucked in the snow too!!! i could barely make it home!! It was used, had some mileage on it, smelled funny..i was SO mad!!! AND I HAD TO PAY FOR IT!!!!! i guess they ran out of Lexus's?

Usually i don't pay for loaners unless i request it..If the job they need to do is over like 4 hours or something like that they'll give you a loner. Always an ES or an RX (except for that one time) LOL

I was SOOOOO mad; they really heard it from me!

And the Camry is crap compared to an ES.

This is the post i put about loaner cars...this was when i had my old 2003 rx300 when the stupid moonroof broke and they gave me the camry

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=18906&hl=

oh so u were the one who talked about the dealer who smoked in ur RX. :o i remember that thread. :)

This is the post i put about loaner cars...this was when i had my old 2003 rx300 when the stupid moonroof broke and they gave me the camry

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=18906&hl=

oh so u were the one who talked about the dealer who smoked in ur RX. :o i remember that thread. :)

I HATE the smell of smoke too. That's the worst smell in my opinion. I gag whenever i smell it. can't stand it LOL

actually this is going off topic a bit, but talking about loaners, the loaner RX i have right now seems different. It was built 10/04 in japan. The thing that was different was 1. Passenger airbag info has a white box around it now. 2. (not sure with this one) the door lock button has a "Lock" with an arrow to the direction to push it to lock the doors. last but not least, 3. have they changed the options on these loaners?? seems like the adaptive headlights not only move up and down, but also to the sides?? so i'm guessin this is the feature that the headlights turn when the turn signals r on? haven't driven it at nite but i'm thinking of driving it 2nite to find out. ;)

actually this is going off topic a bit, but talking about loaners,  the loaner RX i have right now seems different. It was built 10/04 in japan. The thing that was different was 1. Passenger airbag info has a white box around it now. 2. (not sure with this one) the door lock button has a "Lock" with an arrow to the direction to push it to lock the doors. last but not least, 3. have they changed the options on these loaners?? seems like the adaptive headlights not only move up and down, but also to the sides?? so i'm guessin this is the feature that the headlights turn when the turn signals r on? haven't driven it at nite but i'm thinking of driving it 2nite to find out.  ;)

NO!! this is sooo cool. whenever you're in D, and you turn the steering wheel the lights turn with you to light up the road better left and right. Have it in my rx330 and LS430 and it's the best! That's what they call AFS. :rolleyes: i love it

If you find the button on the side that says "AFS OFF" you can tell the difference. It seems to work better on the LS though.

actually this is going off topic a bit, but talking about loaners,  the loaner RX i have right now seems different. It was built 10/04 in japan. The thing that was different was 1. Passenger airbag info has a white box around it now. 2. (not sure with this one) the door lock button has a "Lock" with an arrow to the direction to push it to lock the doors. last but not least, 3. have they changed the options on these loaners?? seems like the adaptive headlights not only move up and down, but also to the sides?? so i'm guessin this is the feature that the headlights turn when the turn signals r on? haven't driven it at nite but i'm thinking of driving it 2nite to find out.  ;)

NO!! this is sooo cool. whenever you're in D, and you turn the steering wheel the lights turn with you to light up the road better left and right. Have it in my rx330 and LS430 and it's the best! That's what they call AFS. :rolleyes: i love it

If you find the button on the side that says "AFS OFF" you can tell the difference. It seems to work better on the LS though.

what do u mean No??? if u meant that it's not a new feature, well that wasn't what i was asking. i was asking if the loaner RX330s (they usually have a certain vehicle with certain options) have changed, in a way, that they added the AFS feature. yea i saw the switch on the side.

i tried (in the garage) to turn the steering wheel while the car's in D but it won't turn. i guess the car needs to move so it'll work?? i'm just waiting for sundown to see it cuz the GX doesn't have this option. so i'm like a little kid saying "I wanna see. Let me see". lol :lol: ;)

Oh i didn't mean "no" as anything i was just excited LOL

I think that the loaners are just the same as every other car...The AFS is in pretty much most of the rx330's that i have seen. some don't have it though.

and i don't know why it didn't turn for you...maybe you do need to be rolling i haven't really checked that way....

try it moving and check it out..It's great! And make sure the orange AFS OFF light isn't on in the left part of the instrument cluster.