I Got My New Ls430!

LexKid630

I got out of work early and drove the RX300 to my dealer. I was so excited to get rid of the rx300 i drove so fast. I think i hit over 100 on the highway!! I floored it, pealed around corners, did 60 on exits; heck, what did i care, matters well have a little fun, i'm only gonna have it for a few more minutes! B)

As i drove up, i could see her there on the lot in front of the building. A 2005 blue onyx pearl on ivory...Gloss finish, no scratches, no dings; perfect! It's the one i've always wanted for a long time now. They got it from a place in VA and it arrived Saturday night! Too bad i couldn't get it yesterday; they were closed.

As i entered the building, my salesman approached me and said he was waiting for me...Then he went to his office and came out a few minutes later. He then pulled out the key from his pocket; but not any ordinary key, one of those smart access keys! This is the first time i had this on a Lexus before; it was very exciting for me :D I held it in my hand (an unusual feeling the new shape) and walked outside. but, as i approached it, (it was hard to see during the day) the outside walk lights turned on! I put my hand on the handle and it unlocked and opened all the doors!! I opened the door and got the wiff of new car smell. I sat down in the most comfortable seats ever, and went to start the ignition. but oops, i forgot; no key! I put me hand on the turn thing, and rotated it as if it was a key. Then the engine started! I couldn't even hear it it was so quiet. The instrument cluster turned on instantly, all white, and i saw the mileage; 12 miles!! I guess they didn't drive it from VA to RI. I like seeing mileage so low. 12 is a lot different than the 66k on the rx300.

Then i called my wife to rush down and take a look at it. She was just picking up our daughter from school so it too a while to get to the dealer. In that time i was inside working on some paper work etc. I had a feeling she was mad at me :angry:

There was a little dispute about the deal. Over the phone Friday this same salesman said that the sticker price was $75,034 but that he could get me down to around $67,000. But then today he said that he could get it for me for only $70,034, and that was the final. Supposedly he came up with the impression that i wanted this SPECIFIC ONE from VA and that there was a problem (aka $$$ problem) getting it to RI on a truck in less than a day! So that was why the price was more than expected. So i said fine, i want this thing i can't wait any longer. I decided not to get the extended warranty b/c i probably wont be keeping it any longer than 5 yrs or so; and heck, it's an LS!. Then we went through the whole thing about if i should lease, which i said no b/c i leased my 97 LS and hated the "not exactly owning it" feeling. The next thing was trading in the rx300. He looked at it, and even another person looked at it. We went back in and figured a deal for that too. In one of the posts in the rx forum someone said that 14k was a good deal, so when the salesman told me $22,500 i took it!! I have to admit it's not even worth 20, so i didn't argue any more about that.

So i got $22,500 for my 2003 rx300. I payed the rest in cash. In all thousand dollar and 100 dollar bills. yikes. :chairshot: just shoot me; suck the bank account dry!! ;)

So i shook the guys hand and left the building. Outside, someone was switching the license plates so i had to wait a few more minute; watching every move to make sure he didn't scratch anything. Then my wife arrived and she just gave me that dirty look; like what are you doing, why do you need another car... jeez woman! ;)

So after a few minutes of arguing i went into the LS and started looking at all the features. I tried out the back-up camera; like the one on my rx330, and played around with a working moonroof!! (this is relivant if you know my post about my rx300 moonroof not working). I was playing around with the AC; WOW is that the quietest! bottom line; this is the best Lexus ever created. You can't beat the Ls430!

My daughter came with me, leaving my wife with her 05 ES all alone in her little world...So she can have everything her way!! Err women; p.s: don't get married until you get tired of being single; which should be never!! ;) I hadda get married @22 to an 18 yr old chick....ahhhhh, old times; you could get away with that back then LOL hehe

Driving this LS is like nothing i have ever done before. If you think any other Lexus is quiet, wait until you get into this thing!! It accelerates like nothing, moves through traffic like a breeze, it's wonderful! The salesman said that he was playing around with the navigation so it would be set for me. Yeah right; i have no clue LOL I'm so careful with the LS, i don't think i hit 50 on the highway. Of course now that i'm home, it has 24 miles :unsure: Oh well, it was new for a while...

I got @ inskip about 3:30 and got home around 4:45. A good deal if you ask me B)

Is there anything i should do/ keep an eye out for in the first few months? What is the "break in" period thing? Thanks

Congrats, its a great car I'm sure you're very happy with it.

BUT, I would have walked. LS430s are easy to come by and hitting you for a 3k price hike when you get there? Screw them. It didnt cost 3k to get that car from VA to RI, $800 maybe. Dealers do swaps like that all the time, its part of the cost of doing business.

Sounds like he might have helped you out on the trade though, so maybe it was simply an honest mistake.

Congrats, that car will stand up to the miles you need to put on it.

Congrats, its a great car I'm sure you're very happy with it.

BUT, I would have walked. LS430s are easy to come by and hitting you for a 3k price hike when you get there? Screw them. It didnt cost 3k to get that car from VA to RI, $800 maybe. Dealers do swaps like that all the time, its part of the cost of doing business.

Sounds like he might have helped you out on the trade though, so maybe it was simply an honest mistake.

Congrats, that car will stand up to the miles you need to put on it.

I didn't even tell anyone that i needed this specific one from VA. THEY were the ones who said that there was one there. They put me on a list for what i wanted, i never agreed to pay extra to ship it from somewhere in VA...

and i too think this will last me a long time. At least i hope!

Very cool.  Congrats :cheers:

Sounds like an awesome car you got there.  Post some pictures if you get a chance.

How do you post pictures anyway? I'd be happy to post them; if only i had a nice digital camera :huh: LOL

Congrats!!!! I'd love to see some pics of your LS and fleet too!

Upload the pics to your gallery. After the pics are uploaded, give each of them a right click to get the http location of the picture which you will then copy and paste in to an image tag. You can find the image tag under the font options when you make a post. Sounds complicated, but if you have any trouble, I or someone else would be more than happy to post them for you. ;)

Enjoy the car for many, many miles to come!

:cheers:

Congrats!!!! I'd love to see some pics of your LS and fleet too!

Upload the pics to your gallery. After the pics are uploaded, give each of them a right click to get the http location of the picture which you will then copy and paste in to an image tag. You can find the image tag under the font options when you make a post. Sounds complicated, but if you have any trouble, I or someone else would be more than happy to post them for you. ;)

Enjoy the car for many, many miles to come!

thank you, i'll try that... ;)

Sounds like an awesome car you got there.  Post some pictures if you get a chance.

How do you post pictures anyway? I'd be happy to post them; if only i had a nice digital camera :huh: LOL

Congrats man!! I wish you the best of luck with your new love ;)

Congrats man!! I wish you the best of luck with your new love ;)

Oh i do love this car!! DEFFINETLY the best i've ever owned. It's so smooth and quiet!! I'm afraid to drive it!!

Although i am a little worried about how it will be in the snow :unsure: The rx was better in that region, no? My son has an 03 Ls (about 20k $ less than this one LOL) but he's never in snow. I last saw him on Easter; he drove up from Florida from college. his LS was in 4 accidents and is still running great! Over $20,000 in damages and still running perfectly!! :o . It used to be white, then yellow, but now i think he painted it black?? LOL Err kids. I never should have given him that car...50k down the tubes i tell you...

B) Man, paid cash. Just to think that I paid $44,000 for my first home.

Three BR, all brick, full basement. I cannot even imigining paying that much

money for an item that will gradually loose value year after year. I used

to BLOW A LOT of money 20 years ago. Anyway, enjoy your new toy.

I am SURE that you deserve and work hard for it. ;)

The LS isn't a snow car, they are terrible in the snow. BUT thats what your RX330 is for. My dad just parks his 04 LS when it snows and drives their FX35.

The LS isn't a snow car, they are terrible in the snow. BUT thats what your RX330 is for. My dad just parks his 04 LS when it snows and drives their FX35.

Yeah, i guess i'll just take the rx in snow.

I have no idea what i'm gonna do when my 400h arrives. I was planning on trading the rx300 in for THAT; i never figured an LS coming in.

And i really don't feel like adding another car; it's nice getting rid of one and replacing it. Oh well....

B) Man, paid cash.  Just to think that I paid $44,000 for my first home.

Three BR, all brick, full basement.  I cannot even imigining paying that much

money for an item that will gradually loose value year after year.  I used

to BLOW A LOT of money 20 years ago.  Anyway, enjoy your new toy.

I am SURE that you deserve and work hard for it. ;)

I love the LS. I do deserve it i think ;) It deserves me LOL. i worked my @ss off since i was 22 to get where i am now. I really have to hand it to my wife too (she makes more than i do!! :blink: ). I was 22 and my wife was 18 when we got married. (Yeah i know LOL) I was at Boston college as a chem major, she was coming to BC as a law student. Then came Brian, our first son like 9.00001 months later hehe. My wife and i had to balance school, our son and work at the same time! Those were the tough times. And then 3 years later came Kate, our first daughter and then later we had our second daughter, Ali. I think that's enough for us LOL. but now i look back and think we did pretty well!!

I think i deserve it ;)

Just my opinion here, okay! If I were in your shoes, I would pay for all these vehicles, drive them till the wheels fell off, and SAVE, INVEST, SAVE, INVEST,

know what I mean?

Car payments in this country are killing the GENERAL public financially.

President Bush's plan to try and curb the lazy bankrupsies in the U.S. is

a wonderful thing. In the meantime, enjoy that fleet of quality you have.

Just my opinion here, okay!  If I were in your shoes, I would pay for all these vehicles, drive them till the wheels fell off, and SAVE, INVEST, SAVE, INVEST,

know what I mean?

a wonderful thing.  In the meantime, enjoy that fleet of quality you have.

In my head i always think i can keep them forever, but for some reason i never do...with my driving they don't last very long...

and don't get me started on politics LOL i hate politics.

Very unusual - A family with a great income that hates politics..........

Anyhow, bankruptsy isn't about politics, it is about COMMON SENSE ;)

Very true. I don't think i'm anywhere near bankruptsy yet though.. :P

I can't say my whole family HATEs politics; my wife's a lwayer LOL That's her job. she hates arguing about politics. only likes evidence. ;)

Is there anything i should do/ keep an eye out for in the first few months? What is the "break in" period thing?  Thanks

Is there anything you can do? YES! Don't go 100 MPH for the first 1,000 - 1,500 miles lol :lol: Be gentle ;) Consider using synthetic oil when the time comes (after the break in period).

Can we see pics? :D It's a georgous ride.......ENJOY! B)

I have an 04 LS and found it to be remarkably effective in snow this past winter, even with the OEM all-season radials. The traction control has a special "snow" setting to prevent your rear wheels from slipping even if you stomp on the accelerator, and the stability control does a great job keeping the car going where you want it to go even, at higher speeds. Using snow tires can only make the car better in the snow. The biggest problem relative to an SUV is the low ride clearance, which means you *will* get stuck when the snow accumulation is sufficiently higher than your ground clearance. But you should be okay in your LS if you stick to plowed roads.

Just my opinion here, okay!  If I were in your shoes, I would pay for all these vehicles, drive them till the wheels fell off, and SAVE, INVEST, SAVE, INVEST,

know what I mean?

a wonderful thing.  In the meantime, enjoy that fleet of quality you have.

I couldn't agree more about our finance happy society.

Although I think that Bush's bankruptcy law will end up hurting more people than helping. My neighbor is a federal bankruptcy judge (republican) and we had a long discussion about it last week. His opinion is that it won't exactly help the rich who overextend themselves trying to "live the life", but it will definitely hurt lower income people and those that are forced into bankruptcy by medical expenses, job loss, etc. While I was initially in favor of the law, after I read the fine print I realized that the only ones who benefit from the law are the creditors.

Lexkid, call me the next time you're driving to the dealership to pick up your car. I could use a little extra cash! ;)

Congratulations on your purchase:

I saw a blue LS430 the other day and it was sweet!

I have a 02 LS and a 98 LS but my wife likes the SUV, so we went with a Sequoia instead of the RX because of the larger size.

If you got the cash buy as many LS's as you want. Just make sure you give some hard earned cash to the less fortunate at times, you will be blessed for it.

Once you get about 30K on it and ready to trade it in-let me know and I'll take it off your hands.

Congratulations sir! the current ls is, in my opinion, the best looking one ever. I love seeing those cars drive down the highway. I just stare at them the whole time.

Congratrs again!

ED

P.S. Let me know what your doing witht he car in 5 years :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your purchase:

I saw a blue LS430 the other day and it was sweet!

I have a 02 LS and a 98 LS but my wife likes the SUV, so we went with a Sequoia instead of the RX because of the larger size.

If you got the cash buy as many LS's as you want. Just make sure you give some hard earned cash to the less fortunate at times, you will be blessed for it.

Once you get about 30K on it and ready to trade it in-let me know and I'll take it off your hands.

In one year, i'll drive about 40,000 miles total. My rx330 has about 35k miles on it right now; i take that about 3 days a week and i'll take the LS the other 4. My LS still has only 30 miles on it LOL I havent driven it anywhere yet. I probably will tomorrow though. AND EVERY DAY AFTER!! ;) So if you want it at 30k miles, see me a year from now LOL

and i go to church every sunday LOL $15 a week isn't that bad...I do what i can. ;)

Congratulations sir! the current ls is, in my opinion, the best looking one ever. I love seeing those cars drive down the highway. I just stare at them the whole time.

Congratrs again!

ED

P.S. Let me know what your doing witht he car in 5 years  :rolleyes:

In 5 years the LS will probably have over 170k miles on it; if you want it, you can have it LOL It'll most likely go to my son as soon as his dies. I'll let you know.