Would You Purchase Another Gs?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had mine less than a month. So far, I love it and would most definately purchase another one. As far as noise goes, I had an alignment done, all four corners, and that cut out a LOT of the tire noise.

Had mine less than a month. So far, I love it and would most definately purchase another one. As far as noise goes, I had an alignment done, all four corners, and that cut out a LOT of the tire noise.

I would definetly purchase another GS , My next lex will be a LS.

post-1634-1113344493_thumb.jpg

I have had mine for about 2 months and its great except for the noise coming from the front brake pads when changing directions. IF they fix this, yes for sure another GS430 would be great. BillH2, please PM me, as I am curious if your 2001 has the same problem with brakes as mine. I guess its normal according to Lexus, but would like input from some one with same year and model. Curious about the 4 corner alignment too, as mine is also noisy, from tires I am sure. :unsure:

I have had mine for about 2 months and its great except for the noise coming from the front brake pads when changing directions. IF they fix this, yes for sure another GS430 would be great. BillH2, please PM me, as I am curious if your 2001 has the same problem with brakes as mine. I guess its normal according to Lexus, but would like input from some one with same year and model. Curious about the 4 corner alignment too, as mine is also noisy, from tires I am sure. :unsure:

I bought my 2001 GS300 5 months ago. My only question is why I waited so long ($$$ has something to do with it, never thought I would spend that much for a used car but it was well worth it).

Oly

I am getting an error when attempting to PM you. As far as brakes go, my car doesn't make a sound. The guy who did the 4 corner alignment said it was off but I don't know if the noise reduction was in the alignment or the fact that I had two tires replaced. (Bought the car in Kirkland middle of March)

Later

Bill

Oly

I am getting an error when attempting to PM you. As far as brakes go, my car doesn't make a sound. The guy who did the 4 corner alignment said it was off but I don't know if the noise reduction was in the alignment or the fact that I had two tires replaced. (Bought the car in Kirkland middle of March)

Later

Bill

NO :censored:

I would not buy another one. As much as I love my car for some many features and quality, the paint job is so bad I don't think I can go back.

I purchased the car new (fall of 2003), I have 32,000 miles on it already, and the paint is chipping off like there is a non-stick layer under my paint. Dealer says its normal, I want a new paint job.

I have owned around 13 cars over time and this is the most expensive car I have ever purchased and the worst pant job.

Hello Infinity M35 Sport

Let's be realistic, almost everyone in this forum will say good things about their Lexus. I bought my 2001 Pre-Owned GS300 a month ago and can't wait until I get to drive it again on my way home tonight. Smooth, quiet, sharp looking, and prestigous.

The only negative about the Lexus brand is that you will pay a little more for labor/parts when you have a problem arise (but you won't pay as much for parts as you do for M-Benz parts).

If you have the cash, they are solid cars and well worth the money spent. A Lexus LS430 is next on my list

NO :censored:

I would not buy another one.  As much as I love my car for some many features and quality, the paint job is so bad I don't think I can go back.

I purchased the car new (fall of 2003), I have 32,000 miles on it already, and the paint is chipping off like there is a non-stick layer under my paint.  Dealer says its normal, I want a new paint job.

I have owned around 13 cars over time and this is the most expensive car I have ever purchased and the worst pant job.

Hello Infinity M35 Sport

Surely you have a paint warranty still.If the prob is really with the quality of the job Im confident your dealer would cover it.Ive had my 98 for 5yrs. and 100k and the paint is flawless.

I'd give the new Infiniti M a tumble before I decided on a new car. I had a G35 for a while and it was a sports car that happened to have 4 doors and a decent trunk. In comparison, the GS is a big, heavy 4 door sedan with a much more comfortable, luxurious ride and sporting ambitions that don't quite make it. There is nothing wrong with that - notice I have the GS now - they're just different approaches to the same basic concept of a "sports sedan."

The deciding factor might be price of course, and the dealers. I find Lexus dealers to be very pretentious and arrogant with not much real substance to back it up compared to the more down-to-earth Infiniti dealers.

Just as a ringer, the new Chrysler 300M seems like a nice car and a good value, but I'd wait a while to see how they hold up, especially with the fancy shut-down-four-cylinders-when-you-don't-need-them V8. Anyone remember Cadillac's debacle a few years ago?

I would have to really consider alot of factors. First of all, I really like my GS. As a car, its great, whats not to like. What I really dislike is the service department and the BS a person has to put up with. Is this a overpriced Quick lube place where hopefully you will have your car fixed right the 1st time or do you have to purchase all the additional added services that "you really should have done". to feel assured that your car is being taken care of corrrectly. Where else can you take your car for a $60.00 oil change and they try to bump it up to a $300.00 mini service :censored: Had it back 3 times for a brake concern, still not fixed :cries: . Just the run around. Its still under factory warranty and a CPO car. My next car, I will consider the Infinity or the CTS Cadillac. I will check service rates, and look up their performance feed back on the local Consumer Checkbook. I will pick a dealer that is at the top of the list, not at the bottom. I could write page after page, but I feel most of you have already experienced Lexus service.

I get incredible service from my lexus dealer.And are you two comparing a 300c and a cts to a gs apparently you dont know what you have.:chairshot:

I couldn't agree more, the GS is a superior automobile. But it gets real frustrating when you can't get your car fixed. Your lucky, you hooked up with a great service department.

I have been looking at the GS and like what I see. I was told you should only burn premium gas and with the price of fuel today, might be a little expensive to drive. What is the avarge highway mph you are all getting.

Tom

i bought my 98 last april with 50k miles. i was impressed enough to buy the wife a 99 with 50k miles about 2 months ago. couldn't be happier.

once i'm done with my 98 i will try to find a preowned 06 gs430.

that is one wicked car.