If You Were Replacing Your Lexus Now...

SW03ES

What a great question!! I would go for the Mercury w/ black aniline, '05 LS430 UL because it has 44" of front legroom...that's more than the Town Car I was comparing it to. Until I come up wth $75k for this car, my old '95 will have to do! B)

:cheers:

I definately will. What I really want is a new LS but I'm going to wait until I see some pictures of the new 07 body style so I can see if I want to wait for it. I'm still happy with my ES I'd just like something a little bigger at times.

I'd get the base model '05 LS430 because I am mainly interested in the unique driving refinement of the car rather than all the luxury do dads.

I would never look at any luxury American or European car due to the atrocious reliablity and planned obsolesence engineering of those cars. At one time Volvo was a good choice for reliability, but not since about the late 1980's.

Planned obsolescence of european cars? I can see that for American cars but not european cars, the european luxury car makers have longer design cycles than Lexus...

As for American cars I'd say the same but the new STS is impressive.

Whether I "have to" buy a car should my current LS get severely crashed or if I am successful in making my current LS last until its planned retirement date in 2014, the answer is the same: my next car will be the same as my current car -- "an LS that has just come off a 3 year/36,000 mile lease" -- what a huge "bang for the buck". So, if my car gets "totaled" tomorrow, the next one will be a 2002 LS430 Ultra -- I'm really starting to like the gadgets in the Ultra although I still don't care for the look of the LS430 and dislike the look of the next gen LS even more.

Well, as of now, I could only afford a Geo Metro, but it would be a really sweet Metro!

If money wasn't an object, I would definitely get an 06 GS 300 AWD. That's a dream come true if you ask me. That car would be turbocharged 5 hours after it left the lot.

Where have you seen pictures of the next gen LS? We wanna see too!

I have seen several photos of cars that were represented as being of the next generation LS. The photos could be a hoax. Here is a link to one that is on the German language LOC Europe web site: http://www.autospies.com/images/1-27/Lexus-LS/1.JPG

I suspect that it wouldn't be too hard to find a prototype of the next gen LS running around Toyota/Lexus facilities in Japan. I saw unusual looking cars being driven around the Mercedes headquarters in Stuttgart in 1971 -- several years passed before these new models hit the auto magazines or went on sale in the U.S.

Jim- Thats a JDM Toyota Crown Athlete. If you really look at it you'll see that its significantly smaller than the LS, look at the rear door and the rear seat area. Lexus is VERY good at hiding their new models, we wont see the new LS until they want us to mark my words.

Now thats got possibilities, the one at the top. It follows the new design cues from the new GS. I still wouldn't put too much stock in it. The other one I've seen and don't buy, thats a reworked photo of an Audi A8.

dens- an H2? Ugg, talk about the lowest quality interior on the road.

If I had to replace the Lexus, I'd look around for another used one. I saw a 192 LS 400 in the paper here. Said perfect condition and 87,000 miles, $6900 If I was going to buy a new car it would be a Toyota Corolla LE or S. IF I had the money, which I don't right now, I would get a new, black LS430 but only if I could pay cash.

If I had to replace the Lexus, I'd look around for another used one.  I saw a 192 LS 400 in the paper here.  Said perfect condition and 87,000 miles,  $6900  If I was going to buy a new car it would be a Toyota Corolla LE or S.  IF I had the money, which I don't right now, I would get a new, black LS430 but only if I could pay cash.

98-2001 LS400 or a 2002+ LS430 on 20" giovanni chrome wrapped in perelli rubber!

otherwas id like a 95LS4 please.