Ground Wire Kit

blueviol

I saw people mentioning upgrading the ground wires for better performance.

I believe it helps provide better electrical flow to the plugs and other electrical systems.

Is the improvement noticeable?

And is this an easy DIY job?

I can't post the ground instructions ???????

wow~ that is a big gain just upgrading the ground wires.

Is there any specific groud wiring kit I need to look for? Or is the TRD or NRG kits on eBay good for this application?

dcfish: do you have a DIY instruction on this? any info is appreciated. ^^

:lol:

I am kinda skeptical about these claims! If it is so easy how come car manufacturers do not put on their cars to gain more hp (so cheap compare to the hp gain) Remember Mazda had a massive recall on the new RX8 because it the hp was not as advertised? By the way, I work for an electronics company that make highly complicate electronics system for the military (voltage in the thousands of volts).

i kno the groundin kit i am talkin about it made by active tuning. but its only made for nissans. the kit is made of 4 guage copper wire, n its nothing but quality. its about 5 pieces, that all take the negatively charged energy made by the engine, n grounds it to the frame so it is properly canceled. by gettin rid of the excess negative energy, u can reduce the resistance in the electrical system, and increase spark and ignition. thus ending up in significant power gains.

(from their site)

http://www.activetuning.com/

Increase Horse Power & Torque

Enhance ECU Efficiency / Engine Performance

Stronger & Faster Starts

Smoother Idle

More Responsive Acceleration

Enhanced Engine Compartment Looks

Grounding is very important. As an EE, I know that I deal with massive voltage changes from just maximizing my ground potential. HOWEVER, any car audio store will sell you the 4ga wire you need for about 1/2 to 1/3 of the usual grounding "kit" price, which is the same copper 4 ga found in grounding kit's.

So get yourself a grounding kit? YES.

Buy one pre-packaged rather than getting the wire yourself from an auto sound store? NO.

Keep in mind that energy is created at the ground, not the hot post. The ground is EVERYTHING. Watch lightning strike on a high speed camera film. It comes from the ground up. You see the lightning reaction of positive energy erupt from the clouds and strike the ground....... AFTER the ground seeked the positive energy first.

Ground is the source of all energy, and grounding kit's do help. The decision you must make is, do you have money to blow on a premade kit or would you rather cut the cost in half and buy strait off the spool?

Go to a stereo store and have tem make up and install a custom wire kti for $40 installed. with gold connectors and 0-1 or 4 gauge wire.

Any cars newer than 5 years is useless, it will not make more power.

Hell it won;t make any power , think of it as maintance for wear and tear parts. The cables break down from heat cycling from the engine/current and enviorment. This increase the resistance and reduces your power. You don;t maek anythign you never had before that is a bunch of Bull. I felt a great difference after putting a new yellow optima with new battery grounds and starter wires +batt terminals. Starts way faster as you can hear the starter spinning better.

So now it is clear to me now that a ground wire kit will not make any hp for cars less than 5 years old. Basically what you get at best is regain some of the hose power that lost due to bad wires and connection. So don't even waste your time and money if your cable look OK. Unless you want to dress up the engine compactment!

As you may know, Daizen is known as a Lexus performance parts and they provide with high performance ground upgrade kit as well at $99.95.

This is what they say about ground upgrading:

(http://www.daizensporttuning.com/products/ground.html)

High performance ground upgrade kits stabilize voltage throughout critical engine and ECU harnesses.

Decreased ground resistance provides for better grounding paths for electrical components, resulting in smoother and more stable operation. Provides increased operating efficiency of air conditioning, headlights and other higher amperage components.

Available in red, black, silver and blue. All connections are gold plated, fully soldered and insulated with highest quality shrink tubing. All necessary additional hardware is provided where required.

These are custom made, direct fit kits, NOT semi-universal kits like others on the market.

So, ground upgrading definitely seems to be a good upgrade option.

But what is their price?

What gauge wire?

there are only 3 wires to ground .

One engine ,body and one positive to the starter. The rest a regular paths which don;t need high currecnt and make no difference.

Also adding too many gorund points like most of those 8 point kits will cause ground loop issues kind of like talking on the phone and both sides have the same radio station on. It is a delay in frequecies and can mak engine noise in stereos and other thing.

Get the one of Ebay. The wires are already cut and the connectors already in place. No need to spend any more.

If nothing else, your electronics will get a better ground, and we all know that control systems need good grounding. My car shifts better and idles smoother with a kit. Don't worry about extra HP.

I can't believe some of us still believing all these claim by the mfgr. (by the way, Huynday offer a ten years warranty on their cars how come it is not selling like hot cake:-) I still don't see any answer to the question why car manufacturers do not do this to their cars since it is so cheap to get great perfomance and gas mileage? My car run a lot better after I washed and waxed it too:-)

I can't believe some of us still believing all these claim by the mfgr. (by the way, Huynday offer a ten years warranty on their cars how come it is not selling like hot cake:-)  I still don't see any answer to the question why car manufacturers do not do this to their cars since it is so cheap to get great perfomance and gas mileage?  My car run a lot better after I washed and waxed it too:-)

a ground kit is not necessary untill the car gets older. It would be worthless to put a ground kit on a brand new car, it has no need for it. it would not be worth the manufactures time to put a ground kit in. And its not a sure thing to get hp or mpg, it just helps your electrical system.

Hey thein keep your stupidity in your back pocket where it belongs.

Read and learn and you might enlighten yourself.

No one who understands the properties of new cables says it give you anything.

It is a maintance issue ,nothing more.

Having installed a few of these personally, and driven the cars before and after, it doesn't turn your car into a 3,000 hp alcohol drag car. Honestly, it didn't do anything for power, (that I could feel) but I'm with SK on this. The one thing that I really saw a difference was on the Turbo Timer. (Volt Meter) In an Evo VIII we put one on, his Volts would drop like a rock because of his system, now it holds steady at 14.7 and doesn't move, even with the stereo cranked. That right there makes it worth it in my mind.

Are the $100 kits worth it? Yes and no, everything is pre-cut and together for you. Will a stereo shop do it for less? Yes, they will. It's all up to the consumer. Spend the time and go to the stereo shop, or place an order somewhere and get directions and a pretty box. That's all it boils down to.

As for installation. If you can put a bolt through a little metal circle and turn a wrench, you can install these kits. They are the perfect DIY part. We charge $50 an hour here at the shop, and charged $20 to put it in, if that gives you a clue. It takes no time, and there are no headaches involved.

I said it was a maintance issue if you read the page again.

As before keep your stupid comments to yourself.

The only people claim performance gains is the ones who sell it on ebay.

You don;t have one ,never made one or driven in a vehicle before or after ..............so that leaves you with no experiance in the matter ..correct ?

I believe it is a performance upgrade in a sense that it helps the current flow more freely for better sparks and better electrical bahaviors. One cannot neglect it as long as the vehicle deals with electricity. I agree that new cars would not have much gain by this because things are just too fresh.

Thanks for the long debate, and I am changing the ground wire since mine has great miles on it and it will definitely make the engine run smoother. AND it looks COOL anyway. Just debating whether I should get the red or blue...perhaps BLUE, for ground. :D

And I will share my experience once I change the wire.

Thanks.