What Type Of Wax Do You Use...

no as the gold is a one step and would end up removing the original layer just put on by step 2

using any dish washing soap will remove the wax pretty good when ready to place a new layer on

So if i were to use the gold, i don't need Step 2 then right?

so it's like polish + wax

does it last longer than the 3 Step?

Cuz if i were to put that before winter, by the time i want to apply wax again, the layer is probably gone right?

there is no use doing step 2 before the gold class

but doing all three steps are much better than doing one

by far

also the wax will last longer

think of it as

trying to soap and cream your skin at the same time

you could do it but not very well

as if you get a good rinse and exfoliator first

dont' ask why i know about those things

lets just say my wifes listens to me talk cars all day so i have to listen to her talk to her avon rep all day

which is here aunt

lol

later

I think i'm gonna try out the gold class first and see how it does.

The car is almost brand new and if i do it frequently, it should be fine.

Doing the 3 step is kinda tidiest...

Besides, i'm only gonna be home like 1 day a week once i'm in universities, gotta find something easy and yet quite effective.

• 2 weeks later...

i use megauirs #7 show car glaze, followed by their #26 high tech yellow wax. it gives a great shine and i say it last 2-3 months for me. but the best shine i think is from P21S/S100. i like megaruirs products, mothers is alright, egale is just a higher priced turtle wax but its still good.

P21S and S100 is the exact samething! and S100 is $10 cheaper than P21S

this is the best site ever for car detailing i ever seen, they review alot of products here

www.autopia.org

• 1 month later...

The wax just fills in the scratches, it washes off with rain and subsequent washings. The only way to really get rid of them is to use an abrasive like a swirl remover or something stronger to rub them out.

No don't put Turtle Wax on your Lexus. After cleaning the car with detailers clay, I use Maquires #1 Paint Cleaner to remove any old wax, road oil, and to rub out scatches. I then apply two or three coats of Collinite's #845 Insulator Wax. I've been waxing cars for many years and I've used just about every kind made. Most waxes will give a good shine, but the shine doesn't last.

My brother turned me I'd never heard of it but since my brother swore how great it was I agreed to try it. He tried the #845 Insulator Wax after he got a sample at the Syracuse Natins Hot Rod show at the NYS Fairgrounds. Since he went on and on about how it shined and protected after a long upstate winter, we bought a case of 12 bottles and split it. Well I'd say that one bottle would last the average person the rest of their life because it goes so far. A case cost us about $120 including S&H. I think you have to buy a case.

After doing all my vehicles, I gave away all my other waxes because I know I'll never use them again. I'll include their website so you can read about it as they have several products.

Anyway, heres the address http://www.collinite.com/

I'll also attach a picture of it on my LS400. You will NOT be disappointed!

Collinite is longer lasting because in reality, it mostly isn't a wax, its a sealant that bonds to the paint. Similar results can be had with products like Poorboy's EX or Blackfire that are sealants with carnuaba for look.

Yeah I use to use purte carnuba but the stuff just doesn't hold a shine. I prefer the insulator wax and it makes the car as creamy smooth as carnuba, plus it really repels water and other dropping things. I can knock most of the bugs off the front with the hose after an evening run..

i agree that its porbably more sealent then wax thats why it lasts longer.sealent gives it the deep look and lasts pretty long but wax doent last more then a week in most cases.also you can layer sealent right?but you cant layer wax?i think thats correct and if so i might just do that by giving my car 2 coats of sealent and then wax it.also whats glaze becaue i got the meguires seleant and glaze number 2 and it works great and then i use the number 3 pure carnuba and its a awsome shine.

hmmm for some reason every time i put the sealent on my car it makes it darker and adds depth but the wax seems to do more gloss.maybe its the stuff im using or the glaze thats mixed in with the sealent thats giving it the depth but i know for sure if i just wax it then i just get gloss but no depth.

There ya go, thats not really a sealant like we're talking about, its more of a glaze. A glaze is pure oil, it makes that depth and fills in the scratches, but it washes off with the first rain. Glazes are sort of like the "fix all" for paint finishes. New and used cars a re glazed before they're sold so they look good to the buyer, but that quickly fades and shows the true condition of the paint. Pure polish, topped with a real sealant like Poorboys, Klasse etc, topped with a pure carnuaba wax will yield a similar finish that will last. The #2 isnt meant to be a final topper, it doesnt have a lot of protection.

no i never use it as a final topper.i use the #3 pure carnuba wax as the final toper.i do agree it looks awsome for a few days then starts to fade off.the ex sealent is very good and i used it a couple weeks ago after you told me about it and that did last longer but still faded away after 2 weeks.better then megiuers though! :D

Did you apply it over the Sealant Glaze #2? Thats why it faded away. A Polymer sealant must bond to a CLEAN surface, there can't be any oils or fillers on the paint or it just wont bond. You can use the glaze then the wax just fine, but you can't glaze then seal. You'll have to switch to a polish without fillers, or dawn wash again before you do the EX. Poorboys makes a great polish in their line that you can use and then just go straight to the EX.

The EX lasts indefinately on mine, I've never had it degrade. Its got to be your application.

I think i'm gonna try out the gold class first and see how it does.

The car is almost brand new and if i do it frequently, it should be fine.

Doing the 3 step is kinda tidiest...

Besides, i'm only gonna be home like 1 day a week once i'm in universities, gotta find something easy and yet quite effective.

I think I'm with you on this. I'd rather use a cost effective, fewer step solution in the beginning until I figure out what these other products are really all about. :wacko: