What Type Of Wax Do You Use...

Hope I am not annoying anyone here with my questions.

Just curious to see if anyone had better results with a certain type?

Thanks

heard nothing but good things about megiuars and zymol

zaino products are highly rated in the US - but we can't get them in the UK (where I am)

I'm going to move this over to the detailing forum. I've used Zaino but have recently switched to Poorboys EX with great results. You can email Steve from Poorboys for pricing at poorboysworld@att.net

I've got the same bottle of Mother's I've been using since 2001. I'll try the 3 stage zaino stuff when I get a chance. If I ever get a chance. I've always like Mother's products. Meguire's is good too. I just don't see a real difference in products. It is more technique in my opinion. But It's been a while since I got out of detailing.

Zymol rocks!... smells nice too!

Does not remove layers of paint and only natural ingradients such as Canuba wax.. best wax a car can have!

Keep in mind though that the quality Zymol waxes you buy at www.zymol.com and Lexus dealers etc, and what you buy at Autozone or Pepboys are NOT the same. The over the counter stuff (cheap stuff) is just rebadged Turtle Wax.

Steve, Have you ever tried a polymer sealant like Klasse or Zaino? I gave up on carnuaba a long time ago.

it takes me a whole day to wax my car

i use the mothers 3 step

1 pre-wax cleaner

2 polish

3 wax

with meguires final inspection in between each step( this clears the paint for the next step )

making an ultra deep look for the paint

i have the meguires 3 step but i find it watery

the mothers clay bar is ok aswell but i don;t have any use for it yet

i also use coco butter for the leather cake it on in the summer heat and bake it on

do it for 2 weeks and the leather is liek new

after all leather is just skin in a way

Matt, All those coatings are sealants like Klasse or Zaino applied by the dealership at a huge markup. In a year they're totally gone from the paint anyways. You should always wax like it wasn't there.

If you like Carnuaba wax, I reccomend P21S

Matt, All those coatings are sealants like Klasse or Zaino applied by the dealership at a huge markup. In a year they're totally gone from the paint anyways. You should always wax like it wasn't there.

If you like Carnuaba wax, I reccomend P21S

Steve

coating I had applied was toughseal

pretty happy with it - car comes up great from a simple wash and chamois.

it wasn't applied at too huge a markup at all really mate - it was actually £20 ('bout $30) less than the manufacturer charges to apply it (which just means Lexus applied a slightly less huge markup than the manufacturer does :lol::lol: ).

gonna give the meguiars depp crystal 3 sep stuff a try I think - but gonna wait until

a - we get better weather in the UK :rolleyes:

b - my mileage comes down a touch - not much point putting the effort into a tip top job if you are getting a minimum of 700 miles a week of freeway crap thrown on it :(

At www.autofreak.net you can get a japanese wax called fusso coat. or newing wax from soft co. It has a cleaner step and wax. It will go on easy and wipes off to a show car shine. I like it..... it can be purchased for spacific paints such as white, silver, black for pearl or matallic finishes. It has some kind of top coat carbon formula crap that is good for the protection and coloring of your finish! :) its about 23 bucks....

I have been using Eagle 1 "WET" for about 6 years and I am very happy with it. It's extra creamy and goes on evenly. It doesn't take a lot of effort to remove either. I put it on with a foam pad and take it off with a soft terry cloth. No swirls and no regrets. :D

I use Meguiars Number 9 Swirl Remover Polish (extremely fine abrasive) to clean first, followed by Meguiar's Number 27 Yellow Wax. I use Lexol on the leather. I have used these products for years on various cars, and have always been pleased with the results.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Zymol in the past with great results. I have given Zaino a try and it is also very good. If it last longer, which I suspect a polymer will, I will stay with polymers like Klasse or Zaino.

I guess it all comes down with a product you are happy and comfortable with.

If i were to get the Step 2 Polish and Gold Liquid Wax from Meguiar.

Would that work better than using the Step 3 wax?

Does it really matter if i get the Step 2 polish, dunno if the gold liquid wax has polish in there or not.

Also, since i'm in Canada with the brutal winter, i was thinking of applying Nu Finish right before winter to protect the car better. Is that a good idea?

Can i take off that wax with Dawn when the temperature goes up again and apply Meguiar?

Thanks!