'03 Ls 430 Vs '06 Is 350

Wow, completely different animals. Ride, speed, size, everything. I think you'll have to make up your own mind on this one.

It all depends on how you like to drive. I may get a LS when I get really old.

LMAO!!!! :lol:

Well, I'll be 54 Thursday. Does that count at really old? :o)

After driving SUVs for the past 14 years I wanted a new ride and like quality. The LS is so different than my Pathfinder and Cherokee. I am now finding myself wanting a SUV or something to haul things in. I'm reluctant to put a load of bricks/mulch/top soil in the trunk and in fact won't. I may be in for a light pickup or Jeep Wrangler.

Well, I'll be 54 Thursday. Does that count at really old? :o)

After driving SUVs for the past 14 years I wanted a new ride and like quality. The LS is so different than my Pathfinder and Cherokee. I am now finding myself wanting a SUV or something to haul things in. I'm reluctant to put a load of bricks/mulch/top soil in the trunk and in fact won't. I may be in for a light pickup or Jeep Wrangler.

OK I have never had an IS but I have had a "smaller" sports sedan the C230 and I have had many IS loaner cars. If I had an IS or a C class as a weekend driver maybe. The C class was for my wife we had a baby and I inherited the C class.. :huh: Now I am about 6' and there is no way I was comfortable driving the C class. This car was too small for me and forget about passengers in the back. I love the feeling, handling of driving the "sports sedans" but I will also tell you that they eat tires...so be prepared to replace them on a frequent basis or the ride quality will suffer. I think after the initial "wow this is cool" wears off you will wish you had your LS back. Have you looked at the GS? Maybe that would be more of a compromise. The trunks have some room in them which is surprising but for me it still just was not practical. I drove the C class for about two years and I had 8 months left on the lease when I got out of it. I could not be happier...and again I loved the car just not for a daily driver "for ME"

I'm 6'3" tall and fit quite comfortably in the IS. In fact there's more room than I need - when adjusting the driver's seat to go as far back as it can go I have to put in just a little more effort to reach the stereo/nav. Bottom line it's quite spacious so long as you're in the front seat and no one's sitting behind you.

I'm 6'3" tall and fit quite comfortably in the IS. In fact there's more room than I need - when adjusting the driver's seat to go as far back as it can go I have to put in just a little more effort to reach the stereo/nav. Bottom line it's quite spacious so long as you're in the front seat and no one's sitting behind you.

Well put, and ditto. 6'4", AND 51 yo here. I prefer a bit tighter fit in a car, just because I like to feel the car around me. The only detractor I find, keeping in mind that my previous three cars were an Infiniti G35, BMW 525, and Acura Legend, is that it is a bit on the tight side entering and exiting the car. Once inside, I'm good... but as LEXUS IS250 AWD said, there isn't even enough room for an aardvark behind me.

But then I plan to buy a Porsche 997 once my lease is up, so, maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment!

Well put, and ditto. 6'4", AND 51 yo here. I prefer a bit tighter fit in a car, just because I like to feel the car around me. The only detractor I find, keeping in mind that my previous three cars were an Infiniti G35, BMW 525, and Acura Legend, is that it is a bit on the tight side entering and exiting the car. Once inside, I'm good... but as LEXUS IS250 AWD said, there isn't even enough room for an aardvark behind me.

But then I plan to buy a Porsche 997 once my lease is up, so, maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment!

vigoruos yoga will help alot with this........LOL!!!

First I'm 6'4" and drive mostly solo so less back seat room is ok with me as well as smaller trunk room. Any advantages for the newer IS 350? I only have 45,000 miles on the LS and it is almost perfect in every way.

Thanks in advance.

Do you like a silent ride with extreme comfort and the status of the LS? For a used car they are still a looker.

Or do you yearn for harder accelleration, road feedback and edgier handling? The IS is a very nice car but closer to a 3 Series or a G37 than to an LS. Ride, road noise, and interior finish are among class leaders but not really comparable to an LS and much less space.

Just the fact you are asking the question tells me you are probably an IS guy. You have a wonderful couchlike luxury car but it's attributes still leave you wanting more. Coming from a 430 the 350 will engage you every time you get into it. Maybe you need to get the sport sedan out of your system.

First I'm 6'4" and drive mostly solo so less back seat room is ok with me as well as smaller trunk room. Any advantages for the newer IS 350? I only have 45,000 miles on the LS and it is almost perfect in every way.

Thanks in advance.

I am 6' and I just got rid of my Infiniti M35 for the 2010 IS 250 C. I ordered it from the dealer and it should be here next week. After test driving the car, I was hooked. I am 54 years also and have wanted a convertible for a few years now. When Lexus finally came out with the C, I didn't wait.