Hid Conversion

jjaayyb

I was thinking about doing this my self. I saw it on wheeler dealers. Go to youtube and search "Wheeler dealers LS400" I believ it's in part three, but i could be mistaken. It looks pretty simple and luxury mods sell a kit. http://luxurymods.com/index.asp?PageAction...mp;Category=185 If you try it let us(me :P ) know how it turns out.

Sure, the kits are all just "plug and play", but unlike the HID lights in factory-equipped Lexus vehicles, most of them are not auto-leveling and do not come with sensors to aim the lights based on the distribution of weight in the vehicle. You will be blinding everyone going the opposite direction.

A set of Eagle Eyes aftermarket headlights with Sylvania Silverstar bulbs would be a much better choice. You would get a much better HID look and better performance without blinding all the other drivers on the road.

Well if you want DUAL BEAMS I'd get a kit that has both high....and low beams...

If you want a single beam...... I'd get a kit with... one beam......

I guess that's as simple as I can explain it.... ^_^

Well if you want DUAL BEAMS I'd get a kit that has both high....and low beams...

If you want a single beam...... I'd get a kit with... one beam......

I guess that's as simple as I can explain it.... ^_^

I'm new to the LS400, so I'm not familiar with the headlights. :) They have separate bulbs for high and low beams?

If I just want Xenon low beams, can I just get a kit for those and keep the halogen high beams?

... the normal running low lamp is a DUAL FILAMENT bulb. Which means when you click on the high beams the Low beam gets brighter. AND a separate high beam bulb clicks on.

If you lose the extra brightness of the low beam My guess is that... the high's won't be as bright..

It's your call though.

A set of Eagle Eyes aftermarket headlights with Sylvania Silverstar bulbs would be a much better choice. You would get a much better HID look and better performance without blinding all the other drivers on the road.

i have eagle eyes and had hids before that, there are a few problems with the hids, first of all one light would not come on all the time, and it varied, i would have to turn my lights off and then back on...also the lights had no direction, they just blasted into space so to speak

(i have a 92)...i bought eagle eyes and they are fantastic lights and look better than any 1st gen and 2 gen lights until they switched (98) i believe

post-44950-1234744471_thumb.jpg

They don't make them look terrible... They look great!

Do some searching and find the parking lamps that come with those headlights, and you'll change your opinion. ;)

To each his own. I like a consistent look. :)

Don't get me wrong, I still like the upgrade, but I think it would look even better with matching parking lamps! :P

I used to have a set of 5000k HID's on my '90 and from the drivers point of view they were a huge improvement from the normal bulbs. I never really thought to look at my car from the point of view of an oncoming car though. However, around here it tends to be very foggy in the early fall time and on those mornings driving in the fog, the lights produced such a blur of light that i truly could not see 10 feet in front of my car so I took the HID's off and put the regular bulbs back in.

I can't seem to find the Eagle Eye headlights for sale anywhere though. I'd love to pick up a set of them for my car.

I can't seem to find the Eagle Eye headlights for sale anywhere though. I'd love to pick up a set of them for my car.

The SABERSPORT store on eBay has them right now for $228 for the complete 6-piece set. They are shown as "93-94 LEXUS LS400 EURO HEADLIGHTS w/ FOG + CORNER 6PCS".

An easy way to find them is to search the SABERSPORT store for "LS400.

As awful as the gen 1 LS400 headlights are -- I know from 13 1/2 years of driving one -- these replacement headlights look like an incredible bargain.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks jcrome...im getting ready to smoke the tail lights as well as the corner lights that came with the eagle eyes

heres a pic of the corners that came with them

Phyton...the lights look great!!! I know the store on Ebay where you bought your lights and I asked about the lights fitting a 1990 LS400 (which is what I have) and they said the lights only fit 93-94 models. I know you have a 92 and......it is obvious that they fit very nicely, however, did you have to do any modifications in order to make them fit? I want to get them but I wanna make sure they will fit my 1990.

thanks jcrome...im getting ready to smoke the tail lights as well as the corner lights that came with the eagle eyes

Phyton...the lights look great!!! I know the store on Ebay where you bought your lights and I asked about the lights fitting a 1990 LS400 (which is what I have) and they said the lights only fit 93-94 models. I know you have a 92 and......it is obvious that they fit very nicely, however, did you have to do any modifications in order to make them fit? I want to get them but I wanna make sure they will fit my 1990.

yes i had to make some mods......just adapt the 9004 stock sockets to fit the 9003 which the light assemblies fit...its very easy, the light assemblies come with bulbs already, get 2 9003 sockets and hook em up to the bulbs, then adapt what u have left, u will c what im talkin about, i had to grind a little to get it to work...no biggie tho

yes i had to make some mods......just adapt the 9004 stock sockets to fit the 9003 which the light assemblies fit...its very easy, the light assemblies come with bulbs already, get 2 9003 sockets and hook em up to the bulbs, then adapt what u have left, u will c what im talkin about, i had to grind a little to get it to work...no biggie tho

Thank a lot....I'll be ordering them soon!

• 3 weeks later...

SO LET ME GET THIS RIGHT,BASICALLY YOU DID A LITTLE WIRING CHANGE RIGHT.I DID THAT ON MY OLD CAR A 1992 VOLVO 850 WELL I CHANGE THE FRONT LIGHT FROM THE 1992 LOOK TO THE 1997 DOUBLE HEADLIGHT LIGHTS, JUST HAD TO CHANGE THE PLUGS.SO AM I ON THE RIGHT TRACK??