Painting Calipers

spyshot

what do you guys think of painted calipers on an 02 is300? paint all four or just the front? is it hard to do? does the paint last? will it looks stupid? what color? my car is charcol (i dont know the official color name.) i was thinking of going with red.

opinions welcome!

it's the first thing I did when I got my car! It's a good way to replace the brake fluid as well. I painted mine bright green instead of typical colors and then put the black lexus stickers on them to match my black car. They still show up quite well - I reccommend a clearcoat

i have a gray graphite pearl like yours and i did mine red with white lexus decals.... and i love it... it looks amazing... very worth the time to do it!

that's the color combo i want to do. what product did you go with? did you do the rears too?

i looked through the links that bartkat provided...very useful. a lot of good information there. but i'm stumped on whether to brush on, or spray. what brand to use. and what kind of clear coat? i'm also not sure if i want to do the rears. they have a goofy shape.

thanks

i have a gray graphite pearl like yours and i did mine red with white lexus decals.... and i love it... it looks amazing... very worth the time to do it!

that's the color combo i want to do. what product did you go with? did you do the rears too?

i looked through the links that bartkat provided...very useful. a lot of good information there. but i'm stumped on whether to brush on, or spray. what brand to use. and what kind of clear coat? i'm also not sure if i want to do the rears. they have a goofy shape.

thanks

i used a duplicolor brush on kit from autozone... and then i used a duplicolor high temp clear spray.... here are some pics on my car... to help you decide to do the rears... i think you should... but here are the pics to prove it... lol ;)

car1.JPG

car2.JPG

thanks everyone for the info. flop170's car really helped with the visual (same color car)! i stopped in oreilly's the other day and picked up duplicolor red caliper paint and clearcoat. now i'm waiting on my decals and i'm all set. i'll post before/after pics when i get done.

paint all four or just the front?

opinions welcome!

definately all four while you are at it. If you don't the unpainted rears will stick out like a sore thumb and they you will kick yourself for not doing it.

If you are going to do it, do it all the way or don't do it at all.

steviej

• 2 weeks later...
Its easy im a girl & iv done mine & it makes such a difference go 4 it & do all 4 ;)

2294267548_6e3c9e01ce.jpg

I like those rotors.. What brand are those and the price?

They r Rotor Discs i got them of E-Bay but they do have a web site ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I used Duplicolor high temp clear coat paint in the spray can. It's held up just fine. One note though for those of you about to use caliper stickers.

1) Paint your caliper the color you want, and however many coats you want, and let dry.

2) Apply the caliper stickers.

3) When you go to spray the clear coat on, put on a super light coat first. Let it dry and then put another light coat on it, let it dry, then start going heavier with the coats. Be patient with this. If you put on to heavy of a coat right away, the caliper stickers edges will lift slightly, and it looks terrible then. I would do 2 or 3 light coats, then 3 or 4 medium coats to finish it up.