Gas Prices

amf1932

This is awesome...... prices have just plumeted in 4 months back down to what it was 4 years ago :)

I remember when I bought my first 91 LS400 and filled it up at a Costco for $2.16 a gallon thinking, it can't get any higher than this!! haha

Oh boy was I wrong!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess it's time to dust off the 4runner, slap on those mudders, fill up the tank and head for the bush, in search of the perfect Christmas tree. Heck, at these prices, could go out there every weekend until I find the right one!

RX is right guys, its great to have low gas prices for a change but we're suffering...and will suffer...in so many other ways as a result of all of this I'm not sure we should be celebrating...

Steve, not to worry, just being a bit sarcastic. ;) If everyone responded the way I described, it wouldn't be long before the renewed demand would swing prices in the other direction. I think, in a matter of speaking, that we're somewhat lucky that the sputtering economy has pulled everyone back from over consumption of most everything. Prices this holiday season should be very attractive as retailers do everything they can to bring shoppers into their stores. Of course, if prolonged, this could lead to serious deflation/recession. There has to be a happy balance in the equation. This isn't likely to happen until the financial markets are stabilized and the pending auto industry disaster is resolved. Looks like oil is going to slide to below $40. Too bad we can't enjoy this situation the way we'd like to. Say, a 2 week road trip across America. In a Lexus of course.

Interesting that. Normally it wouldn't take much of an international incident for oil to spike. Seems this time, it's like it never happened. Also there are reports that tankers are in short supply because they're all being used for storage. Strange days ahead. We should get used to expecting the unexpected.

the reason why the price keeps falling, even in light of recent international events, is because the speculators that drove it up last summer, are gone now. there could be just one gallon of oil left in the world, but if nobody is willing to buy it, it'd still be worthless, no matter what supply and demand was. this was the case in July. supply and demand weren't out of whack "as being reported", the hedge funds were fleeing into oil to try and recoup their losses taken from the real estate side. and were manipulating the reports and market to get it as high as possible. this week's barrons magazine says this exact same thing. hedge funds have been pretty much wiped out over the past 60 days, so the speculators have pretty much left the field. most have taken their profits and run away to wait this out, while others got wiped out altogether.

I filled up the family hauler this weekend (4runner) for $45 bucks. When I looked at the ticket, I was pleased, even more so when I saw I was paying $2.19/gl. I thought "well, it's doable", then I realized I was filling it up with premium "it doesn't require it, doesn't run any different", and was actually ok with it!

We're at $1.89 around here for regular, and falling! :D

I filled up the family hauler this weekend (4runner) for $45 bucks. When I looked at the ticket, I was pleased, even more so when I saw I was paying $2.19/gl. I thought "well, it's doable", then I realized I was filling it up with premium "it doesn't require it, doesn't run any different", and was actually ok with it!

We're at $1.89 around here for regular, and falling! :D

Today, I drove pass the AAFES Gas Station (uses HESS gas) here on fort drum on my way to work at 0900hrs (9AM) and regular was $2.23/gal.

at 1700 hrs (5PM) i drove home, and it was $2.13 a gallon! HOLY CRAP $.10 in a day! Thats Awesome!

I wish we were below $2. that would be awesome.

We're driving the Prius to NJ for Thanksgiving and I got it washed and gassed it up tonight, $1.80/gal. Filled it up for $16! That will get us to NJ and back!, 500 miles.

I filled up the Lexus today too for $34, it was costing upwards of $70.

Wild...