Gas Prices

amf1932

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the defining moment of our generation, how our government responds in the next week is going to decide the future of this country. This is our New Deal. Lets hope they get it right.

Why didn't it pass........

why.......

why......

Call me a cynic, but I believe the economic machinations are being controlled by the major market players. Profit taking for the most part has already happened. Now they're waiting for the pot to be sweetened before stocks are scouped up at fire sale prices. Basically, the prices have not reached bottom yet, and the payoff from congress is not yet on the table, so the big money will wait as long as it takes for conditions to meet their parameters. They're not in any distress. Most of them are long since liquid.

In this now global game, the little guy (you and I) have no input/influence over the direction of the economy. Our responses (spending less, tightening our belts, holding off on vacations, driving the car less, etc) are actuarial forecasts that are factored in by the programs that big money has been running since even before the Fed was created. This so called crisis has been manufactured very well indeed and the logistics are as difficult to pinpoint as the definitive layer of an onion. Don't look to the politicians for help, they are playing their roles as directed.

One aspect that has changed from the historical scenarios is that there is no longer the covert excertion of control, rather it is now obvious. They have become as bold as daytime urban gang gun play. They have nothing to fear because there is nothing we can do. Point your finger where, at whom? The politicians and media are there to obfuscate any attempts to focus the search light. If that fails, they are expendible and take the fall. There's plenty of them around and they all get nice departure packages to make it worth their while. Even the ceo's who are spending time behind bars have nice bundles waiting for them when they get out. What are you going to do? March down to the White House or the House and demand truth and honesty? My question is, if the country's economy, for that matter the global economy is in crisis, why has the House adjourned for the next few days, be it holiday or not??? Anyone with a reasonable answer?

They have no choice but to adjorn. When congress is in session the federal government is in session, and all those federal workers have to be at work and not observing the Jewish holiday.

The leaders are still meeting on their own, they just can't schedule a vote.

They have no choice but to adjorn. When congress is in session the federal government is in session, and all those federal workers have to be at work and not observing the Jewish holiday.

The leaders are still meeting on their own, they just can't schedule a vote.

I don't know the Congressional emergency session history, but it would seem to me that on such occasions, any holidays would be suspended until the crisis was dealt with.

You should be able to get there from here. And to get here from there should only be a matter of direction. But I live somewhere down here, so to get out and go all the way up to here would take more time than I have right now. And I can only go there, which is nowhere near here, So dcfish, can you just bring a bunch of gas down here instead? :)

We're still in the $3.80's here for regular, thanks to hurricane Ike. NC is the 4th most expensive state to buy gas right now, behind Alaska "Um, Palin, care to address this?", Hawaii, and Georgia.

On a side note, a few posts back regarding some of my personal predictions, was one about getting oil below $90 a barrell, and then having a dollar ralley to bring it down even further. Today, I read an article where oil is now below $90, and the dollar is experiencing it's strongest growth in some 8 years. Go friggin' figure this one out!?!?!?!

I guess logic went out the window right about the time when stocks started to go up, and bonds did too. Stocks use to go up, and bonds went down, and vice-versa....but you also had to actually qualify for a mortgage too, and only Donald Trump had $30k limits on his Visa card.

PS: Emerging markets are seeing the worst decline in stocks in 20 years. Bad for them, good for arguing the theory of global demand on oil. And, the decline is being led by Russia! In light of recent events by the russian government, I shed no tears if they go bankrupt, again.

Holy Capoli!!! I just saw 3.17 here in Florida!!!! I didn't have a camera with me, or I would have taken a pic of it. So I talked with a few other people and in Orlando they got it for 3.07 also!! YEAH!!!!!!

I don't think 3.05 is cheap by any stretch, but it's going in the right direction for sure! If we could get to 2.50(ish), I think I could live with that. I honestly don't think we will ever see under 2.00 again. We were living a fairy tale before.